Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Looking for some input.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Looking for some input.

Well as some of you know I have another Bronco a 1978 one as a matter of fact, it's in 100's of pieces at the moment waiting for the cash flow to do the build.

After much time and thought I've come to some decisions on the type and style of ride I'd like to do.

The first thing I had to decide on was the application I would most enjoy using it for, that was an easy one Boulevard Cruiser.

That said I knew I would not be happy with the original drive train for fuel consumption or performance add ons so after much consideration I have decided the drivetrain will be plucked from a 1996 Bronco( engine, transmission ,transfer case).

Now what I'm looking for are some colour and interior ideas.

I am also open to any thoughts or suggestions on the entire project because you just never know where you'll get your inspiration.

So have some fun and give me some great ideas no matter how radical I'm open to all of them.

TIA,
Rick.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:11 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Thumbs up Baby Bronco

Have you seen the one I have up for sale???
Lift,Lift,Lift

Old 01-21-2011, 11:18 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dunno, Rick. What's your budget?

Old 01-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking Budget that's a good one.

Originally Posted by loudfords
I dunno, Rick. What's your budget?
I don't really have the funds for the build at the moment but my guess is with paint and body work, tires and rims as well as the cost of buying the 1996 Bronco for the drive train(unless someone wants to donate one for free) between $15,000 and $20,000

It will add up quickly is my guess when you start adding things like new brake and fuel lines new windshield, interior work and such.

So basically I'm just blue skying right now because as I said you just never know were a great idea is going to come from.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:39 AM
68murc
Elder User
At least your being realistic with your budget, because you will easily spend that amount when you start replacing stuff.
It starts slow....you get nice new shiny mirrors, then you say to your self, "If I have new mirrors, they won't look right with my old pitted door handles, I should get new handles. If I have new mirrors and door handles, they won't look right with faded and bent bumpers, I should get new bumpers". The next thing you know you've spent $15-$20 000, but you have a "new' old truck.
Ask me how I know, and don't tell my wife.
Do you ever plan on off-roading the bronco? If not, could you drop the front drive shaft and "gut" the front diff. It might save you a little on gas.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Thaks 68merc

Originally Posted by 68murc
At least your being realistic with your budget, because you will easily spend that amount when you start replacing stuff.
It starts slow....you get nice new shiny mirrors, then you say to your self, "If I have new mirrors, they won't look right with my old pitted door handles, I should get new handles. If I have new mirrors and door handles, they won't look right with faded and bent bumpers, I should get new bumpers". The next thing you know you've spent $15-$20 000, but you have a "new' old truck.
Ask me how I know, and don't tell my wife.
Do you ever plan on off-roading the bronco? If not, could you drop the front drive shaft and "gut" the front diff. It might save you a little on gas.
No it won't be going off road but with the 205 parttime transfer case I don't think it will require me emptying the front pumpkin, besides then it wouldn't quite be a Bronco

I also have been through the rebuild game to varying degrees and clearly understand the the costs can be up there, that's why I think it's prudent to have a pretty clear idea of what you are trying for and not getting mired down in the everything must be new conundrum.
Plus the wife budget threshold is right around the $20'000 range much more and I'd have to trade up to a $30'000 or $40'000 price range wife and it was hard enough finding the $20'000 one

Old 01-23-2011, 06:39 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Thumbs up off road

Are you talking about my Baby B?
Yes it has been in the dirt,trees,hills and a little mud

Old 01-23-2011, 08:37 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You asked,...so i couldn't resist....

After all it's soooo easy to spend some one else's money!

Some do's and don'ts ... with the help of Google,...you can decide if you agree....

.... NEVER do this.... but it was a cool picture, and now its a parts truck

wrong year I know,.....and the colour, well...thats personal expression and I won't judge but no lowering to this extent, or I will judge you...

If you must lower,... a little Italian Stallion is always good..

No opening the doors while in the garage so this is a no-go...

Now for some better ideas.....how bout original design cues,..play with the removable top... I do like that opera window..

or....go beach boys,.. ditch the doors , remove the roof over the driver but keep the targa style role bar,...girls optional but likely beyond allocated budget

My personal favourite,... the four door Bronco...

or a variation ....Super cab Bronco, you can do better than this guy and shorten the removeable top to fit....

You will note that I left out the obvious, shorten the cab to just behind the drivers seat, throw a pick up truck box behind the cab and... viola! a real truck!
Consulting fee invoice in the mail......
I'm off to shop for a four door bronco that I can afford and that gets 40mpg,...

Old 01-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
I savin for the girls as we speak.

I've seen the red one before and I really like it.

My wife says be happy with the Bronco because if you buy the girls there won't be a Bronco or a garage to keep it in I wonder what she meant by that

Old 01-24-2011, 04:37 PM
68murc
Elder User
I've never seen a 4-door bronco before. That is awesome. Did FORD make those? Or, did someone build that? If so, they did an excellent job.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Goggle ford centurion

Originally Posted by 68murc
I've never seen a 4-door bronco before. That is awesome. Did FORD make those? Or, did someone build that? If so, they did an excellent job.
That will give you all the info you need on the fourdoor Bronco

Old 01-25-2011, 11:45 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Hmm, I'd go for the 4 door myself...

Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If I was to get a Bronco that would be the one, I did find one online that was running a diesel but the body was going. They start with a crew cab and graft on the Bronco bits, after a while the roof area starts to bubble up as the bondo gives.

The Supercab look is a close second but I haven't found any better pictures.

Frank

Old 03-03-2011, 12:46 PM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I WILL put a whole lotta GONE between me and that 4 door bronco

Old 03-06-2011, 07:19 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Colours and mirrors

I see you would like both kinds of mirrors do they have to be power??????
As far as Colour ORANGE with BLACK Interior will get all ages looking at the cruiser.

Quick Reply: Looking for some input.