SCAM Alert - This is the real deal

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 08:56 PM
dellbert
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that dude from nigera is trying to scam me right he as far as a phone call saying he was deaf and dumb so there was a translater in the middle ive been playing with this scammer for a while now my first red flag was why in the hell would someone in nigera want a 2001 acticcat snowmobile

:-x01

Upper Case Edited out !

Old 03-12-2003, 10:31 PM
hpmiller
New User
Angry SCAM Alert - This is the real deal

Well I was the dummy, I was contacted by a lady from Nigeria. She said they that a friend of theres in the states owned them money and they were going to have him send me a cashiers check and for me to wire them the difference for the shipping. Well the check was from the American Chemical Society in Wash,Dc. I though I was smart I checked the routing number and it did come from Bank of america in DC, there was a American Chemical Society in DC. I took it to the bank and not only waited the five days to clear but waited 6 days and asked them if the check was cleared and good. They stated sure is your account is credited the amount. Then I sent the money. Three days after money sent the check was sent back to me friom the bank saying check was no good. Now I have to take out a loan to cover checks in checking account.

Old 03-12-2003, 11:08 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you contacted the FBI? They take these type of scam's seriously!

Old 03-12-2003, 11:22 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend

If your bank confirmed they cleared it then they may be liable. Check the fine print on your account to see what the period is for cashier's checks. I'd call the police and fill out a report then give it to the branch manager at the bank. Check with your state's consumer affairs department and see if they can assist.

We had someone steal a check from FTE last year and they forged a signature. The bank cleared the check for $500 and we didn't know about it until we got the end of month statement. Because the bank cleared the check they were liable and covered it. It was still a major pain. We called the police, filled out a report and sent it to the bank's fraud department. It took about 2 months to get our money but we did. We ended up having to close the account (and open a new one), rewrite a bunch of outstanding checks and call everyone we write checks to letting them know the checks wouldn't clear on the old account.

Needless to say we now have a safe that we keep the company check book in and we watch visitors very carefully!

That wasn't the first time someone tried to take FTE for a ride. About 18 months ago someone from Signapore ordered two complete diesel exhaust kits. This clown wanted us to overnight two 60 pound packages and told us he didn't care if it would cost $350 for shipping. Red flags!!! We then emailed him asked him a bunch of questions to see if we could get some information to turn over to the credit card company. While his English was nearly perfect he made a couple of classic grammatical mistakes you often see in Japanese/Chinese manuals. We turned over everything to the credit card company and it turned out some poor soul in Washington DC had his card number stolen. Thankfully this was the first attempt on his card and they closed the account before any damage could be done.

Its unfortunate this type of thing happens because now FTE no longer takes personal checks --- only cashier's checks and money orders. If the amount is over $100 we wait 10 days.

Damn, there are some rotten people on this planet.

Old 03-13-2003, 05:27 PM
dellbert
Freshman User

this guy trying to scam me sent me the check it looks real i called the bank it was from and they confirmed its a good account i emailed the guy that sent me the check and told him it would take 7 days to clear his reply was please send me just a 1000 of the 5000 i was supposed to wire him i know this is a scam what actions can i do to help catch this scammer i still have the check but dont dare deposit it some how he could probly get my account #

Old 03-13-2003, 05:31 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend

Tell the bank and call the FBI or your state's version of the FBI (in Georgia its the GBI).

Old 03-13-2003, 09:42 PM
lowpu
New User
Exclamation SCAM Alert - This is the real deal

I recently was scammed, (almost). I have a car on another web site that a man from nigeria contacted me saying he wanted to buy. Same story send me a check for $15k when the car was only $9500, send the balance to him before they picked up the car. sad story wife had wreck broken leg could lose it if he doesn't get the money. so he sends me the check, looks good but something is just not right. luckily while on this web site found out it was a scam, so does anybody want a check for $15k. I live in a small town in western arkansas, so I started with my local law inforcement, city, county, state and then several different agency's in the federal goverment. NOBODY SEEM'S TO CARE!!!! so what do we do about people like this, all I was told was that since I didn't send him the money there wasn't anything they could do about it. Whats the deal. Do we keep getting scammed or will somebody out there get off of their buts and do something, Since then I have framed the check, put it on my wall and tell everybody that I just didn't need the money so I don't cash the check. haha!!So to all the sorry %*&#$@$%^& out ther PRINCE MOHMOH KINTAR. I hope you really sleep good at night knowing all the people you have ripped off.

Old 03-16-2003, 08:37 AM
MachOne
Freshman User

These guys are trying to pull this scam on pretty much every forum and classified site they can. I got an email about an ad I posted on another site just a few days ago which I knew was wrong. I have been messing with him all weekend. It is really kinda fun to mess with these guys. Remember, instead of just deleting and ignoring these emails, we need to start harassing them back.

http://soda-machines.com/cgi-local/d...;r=1#entry1974

Old 03-18-2003, 06:43 AM
macmikey
New User

It was from a Nigerian Official. It was handwritten to my exact street address. I could not believe it. I called my attorney and as I was explaining it to him, he started to 'read' back the letter to me, word for word. Seems he had to defend another client of his who had been duped. He assured me it was a scam and from that day on I make sure I do not accept anything but MO's from post office, and still wait for them to clear. This scam has been reported on eBay as well, so no site that sells or auctions is safe these days. It now seems that seller beware is as important as buyer beware!!

Old 03-19-2003, 04:21 PM
dellbert
Freshman User

just found out the check he gave bounced lol i figured it would but I told the dude from nigeria that I decided to spend the money and not sell him anything I told him I would pay him back someday lol

Old 03-20-2003, 04:30 PM
trouble
Senior User

Would anyone having any kinda contact with this scam , Please e-mail me or give me a call 573-364-7900 Thank you JOHN

Old 03-27-2003, 08:54 AM
MstangMch4
New User

Thanks Alot Peeps yall just skeered the poop outta me from ever buying anything from a person that i can't meet. But it does make me feel a lil better about my just using Post Office money orders to pay what few bills i have to mail rather than waste money on having a checking account.

Old 03-30-2003, 06:47 PM
AlM
Posting Guru

More on same from a Philly TV station:
http://www.nbc10.com/iraq/2072334/detail.html

Old 03-30-2003, 06:47 PM
AlM
Posting Guru

More on same from a Philly TV station:
http://www.nbc10.com/iraq/2072334/detail.html

Most significantly:
"...The bottom line is if you receive a suspicious solicitation or business offer from someone claiming to be from Nigeria, send it to the Secret Service.

If you want more information on the Nigerian fee fraud, visit the United States Secret Service Web site at www.secretservice.gov/alert419.shtml. "

Old 04-08-2003, 05:34 PM
HiFlyin93
New User

I just recieved this one. I simply replied we had a deal if he met me in my home town with the CASH...ha ha

Hello,

I am intrested in purchasing your 93F250 Ext Cab, which price is $7900 for my business associate in west africa,he have a passion for this ride and he will really appreciate my effort if i can get him this ride and i will like to see his piz via mail. it will be shipped to cotonou by my shipper .i will like to known the present condition of the ride?don't bother yourself about the shipping i have a shipping agent that will carter for signing the paper and all the relivant document.i want you to send your contact name and address including your phone# in which you can receive a payable check in america .

best regards.

ron.

ronreagans2000(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

Quick Reply: SCAM Alert - This is the real deal