Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'91 F250: WHAT SHOULD I DO? I WANT IT LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS!

Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Devore95
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive got a banks turbo on it... any difference?

Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Devore95
wow... sounds like you are a soccer mom??? am i correct?
Nope, although the sarcasm obviously went over your head. FWIW, if you want "loud and obnoxious" all you are going to do is look cool in your own mind, while the rest of the world is annoyed to no end (and keep in mind all those soccer mom's love to write letters to senators and congressmen "You need to do something about _______") Theres more to being cool (and having serious performance), and standing out, than just being loud and obnoxious.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Devore95
Senior User
i have a banks turbo... anydifference?

Old 01-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Devore95
Senior User
no i did get it... BUT... i dont think you should talk about performance when below your comments you are bragging about your expedition... and gassers.... my mom has a bigger truck then that.. and it is a diesel!!!! lol

Old 01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
no i did get it... BUT... i dont think you should talk about performance when below your comments you are bragging about your expedition... my mom has a bigger truck then that.. and it is a disiel!!!! lol
^^^^^^^^

16 posts and it shows... if it's performance you want, we can start with a motor that came from the factory doing 45hp thats now doing 100rwhp, make a stop at 600+hp streetable on pump gas and go all the way up to 600hp/2000ft lbs of diesel performance.

Grow up and get a clue.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:10 PM
BRay09
Cargo Master
i have a banks turbo... anydifference?
Then its actually going to blow less smoke on a stock idi because of the turbo moving more air through then motor and mixing with the fuel out through the exhaust...

Old 01-19-2011, 07:18 PM
BRay09
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by L. Ward
if it's performance you want, we can start with a motor that came from the factory doing 45hp thats now doing 100rwhp, make a stop at 600+hp streetable on pump gas and go all the way up to 600hp/2000ft lbs of diesel performance.

Grow up and get a clue.
I didnt really understand this either
Obviously i need to grow up too

no i did get it... BUT... i dont think you should talk about performance when below your comments you are bragging about your expedition... and gassers.... my mom has a bigger truck then that.. and it is a diesel!!!! lol
There is nothing wrong with gassers... I know many of them that will kick the crap out of your diesel, on the street and off road. All L. Ward is trying to express here is that you need to think of everyone else other than your Frienemys and social surroundings. He is correct about those "soccer moms" writting letters to whomever. They will get your plate number and they will go to the police.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:25 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
Originally Posted by BRay09
There is nothing wrong with gassers... I know many of them that will kick the crap out of your diesel, on the street and off road. All L. Ward is trying to express here is that you need to think of everyone else other than your Frienemys and social surroundings. He is correct about those "soccer moms" writting letters to whomever. They will get your plate number and they will go to the police.
Bingo!! If the OP will focus on that, he can get a truck that will stand out for all the RIGHT reasons and not all the WRONG ones!

Old 01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Devore95
Senior User
yeah i realize he is right... i understood that... but what i dont get is its my ticket not hers... why does it matter to her?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Devore95
Senior User
i agree nothing wrong with gassers... but.... i will stick with my diesel.... you liike standing out too! look at your smoke! lol diesels will last longer too and take more abuse...

Old 01-19-2011, 07:40 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
In a perfect world, it wouldn't matter to the soccer moms. Sadly that is not the case, and they do call and complain about everything from lift kits, to loud stereos and unfortunately, when enough of them complain, the people who write the laws write more laws to try and pacify them. A perfect example is "jake brake" laws for semi's... because a few chose to run straight pipes and BLAAAAAT into towns in the middle of the night, now you have laws restricting their use inside city limits regardless of whether they are muffled or not. Illinois lift laws started the same way.... some poorly homegrown lift kits, add in a couple newsworthy wrecks, and bam, laws limiting lift, even if its a properly designed and constructed one.

Focus on getting it done right (that can be done with stacks too), and drive with a dose of common sense (save blowing the coal for out at the truck pulls or drag races), and we all can continue to enjoy modifying our trucks for a long time to come. And as far as getting performance from a idi 7.3, there are plenty of guys here who have more than a few tricks up their sleeves to make those things run!

Old 01-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Devore95
Senior User
thank you! now you see where i am coming from... i dont want to make it all illegal but in maryland... the communist state it is... they dont have laws against exhausts surprisingly... so i am safe.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Kyle 4X4 4life
Senior User
Devore95: I had 7" straight stacks with the slash cut on an old diesel i had, and it was straight piped from the manifold back and it was the loudest damn thing i have heard other than a drag car. Anywhere and everywhere i drove it turned heads like no other, whether they where turning and looking with a smile or a scowl i still loved it. But my only suggestion with the straight stacks is they're a pain in the a$$ when it rains cuz if you dont cover them water gets down and your pipe and hope it wont get in your engine and plus when you start it with the water in it it blows all that sooty water out all over your paint and window, kind of a pain. So personally i'd suggest curved stacks or bull hauler stacks if you plan on keeping it outside in the weather. Not sure about the price on the stacks, my family owns a logging business and has semi's so i picked up an extra set from them for free and took it to an exhaust shop and had them install it. But a buddy of mine just put stacks on his 91 cummins and it ran him around $500 and they where 8".

Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Kyle 4X4 4life
Senior User
And might i add with with the stacks there was NO talking to anyone else in the cab while you where on the throttle=) Which sometimes can be a plus.lol

Old 01-19-2011, 09:36 PM
BRay09
Cargo Master
Stock itll be about as loud as a straight piped SBF... If you want to be different and stand out get a dual 4" exhaust and exet them with 45* angles. Everyone has stacks anymore on a diesel. Hell, even rangers and mazds are picking up on it. On my 06 when the warrenty is up i am going with the Silverline dual exhaust with 5in tips. Should be just as loud as stacks, but be able to hear everyone in the cab

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '91 F250: WHAT SHOULD I DO? I WANT IT LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS!