Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Nichalicious

Beware Pepboys

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 12:53 PM
jimhardc
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware Pepboys

Hey guys i have been on ford forum for awhile but just found utah chapter I Needed a aglinment so thought I would run over to Pepboys which is 1 min from my house well The first time I went in there they almost got it right my steering wheel was still cocked to the left and truck pulled to the right lol. Then the Next time I went in I took a tech for a ride to show him my concerns He promised to get it fixed right So I left it with him. I get a call 3 hrs later on a 45min promise time to tell me they couldn't get it right because I needed my Bearing packed on the passanger side (problem being I just completely replaced everything including bearings on my front end) Right before I took it in for the first aglinment. 2 weeks earlier. So I left that store (7th and 21st) went to another in murray the next day hoping to get HONEST service after describing the issue I had with the other store was told I would be taken care of after about 1.5hrs of a 30 min promise time I was told i needed new u-joints in my front axle. Like stated above I just replacesd EVERYTHING in my front end I noticed they had my hood up to check my aglinment When i questioned wtf my hood was up for I was told that was the only way they could check all front end components (Ive never had to mess with my engine while replaceing a tie rod or balljoint) So long story I grabbed my truck and got the hell out of there now I have a hell of a shake (which was never there before) to go with my cocked stearing wheel and off aglinment. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO ANY PEPBOYS OR RECOMEND THEM TO ANYONE NOT EVEN FOR OIL. Well hopefully this helps someone else from getting screwed. good luck to you.