Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

IMPORTANT BUSINESS ANNOUNCEMENT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Strictly Diesel
FTE Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMPORTANT BUSINESS ANNOUNCEMENT!

Dear Valued Customer,

PLEASE READ THIS VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE!

As you may recall, in June of 2010 we renamed "ITP Diesel" to "Sinister Diesel" as part of our merger with another company. In November of 2009, when we first came up with the Sinister Diesel name, we took steps to avoid conflict with any other company using or desiring to use the "Sinister Diesel" brand. We have recently learned, however, that after we took those steps, but before we started using the name, another company registered the trademark “Sinister Diesel”.

We have always stood firmly behind our brand. It is of the utmost importance to us that our customers know exactly who they are dealing with, and that there be no chance of confusion in the marketplace. Therefore, we will be discontinuing use of the "Sinister Diesel" name. Please note the following changes with regard to our "Sinister Diesel" division:

1. Going forward, ALL retail sales operations will be handled under our "Strictly Diesel" division. This move provides the least possible disruption to all of our customers.

2. Our online shopping system has been permanently moved to Strictly Diesel, Diesel Vehicle Repair and Maintenance (click "Web Store" at the top). Feel free to check out the rest of the Strictly Diesel site, it's been recently revamped and is still being updated.

3. The manufacturing division of our company will be renamed once we've completed the due diligence to insure no further problems. This division will be a wholesale/manufacturing entity, our fuel systems and other custom "in house" products will be made and marketed under this brand, retail sales of these products will be handled through our direct retail sales division (Strictly Diesel) or our network of Authorized Dealers.

Please rest assured that EVERYTHING else will remain the same. We still have the same great staff, the same great products and the same great customer service.

Please accept our profound apology for any confusion that may have been caused by these changes. After nearly 10 years in the diesel performance industry, we are confident that we have the most loyal and understanding customers we could ask for. We are also confident that we are moving in the right direction and that these changes will not cause any problems for our customers.

Thank You!
Dennis Schroeder

Old 01-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Ugh!

This has got to be a huge PITA for you Dennis.

Go back to ITP Diesel! It's how you're known!

Stewart

Old 01-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Strictly Diesel
FTE Sponsor
I hated that name for years, not going back now.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:39 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good luck on the transition Dennis.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:36 PM
jeronlines
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
IPT Diesel. For the whopping three months I've owned this 7.3 and been learning about it, IPT Diesel is how I remember your company and the only name I remember for your stuff. When I search for the website I enter IPT Diesel, so please whatever you do, make sure Google/Yahoo/Bing link IPT Diesel to, um scroll to top of thread, Strictly Diesel. I ain't ever gonna' remember that.

IPT DIESEL. Sorry if you hate it, but it is what sticks with me.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:40 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by SinisterDiesel
I hated that name for years, not going back now.
You should have talked to the owner about changing it then.

I like the strictly diesel better in terms of web search. I always had trouble finding sinister. I ended up going to ITP and using the link there. A quick check reveals if you type in strictlydiesel into google, I end up in the right place.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by jeronlines
IPT Diesel....IPT Diesel is how I remember your company...I enter IPT Diesel...make sure Google/Yahoo/Bing link IPT Diesel...

IPT DIESEL. Sorry if you hate it, but it is what sticks with me.
ITP, not IPT....

Stewart

Old 01-15-2011, 10:04 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Dennis! I too always remember the ITP Diesel name, but just bought a Sinister sweatshirt because they looked cool. It sucks for you to have to change everything over again!

Old 01-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Strictly Diesel
FTE Sponsor
It is what it is...I'm done being angry.

FYI, both www.itpdiesel.com and www.sinisterdiesel.com will be remain up with the notice...so you'll always be able to find us.