Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2011, 02:19 PM
New User

wstone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oil in Air Charge Cooler? Is that ok?

I noticed when I pulled off the air charge cooler hose to install my new Gillette Diesel fuel pressure spring that there was oil in the air charge cooler. Is that ok? or is it something I should be worried about. As a side note, I recently installed an Amsoil bypass engine oil filter.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By live2snowboard at 2011-01-15
Old 01-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Post Fiend

gearloose1 has a good reputation on FTE.gearloose1 has a good reputation on FTE.gearloose1 has a good reputation on FTE.
A little bit of oil is normal from the Crankcase Ventilation system.

But if you find large amounts of oil.. not normal.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
The gillette spring will put your fuel pressure over the recommended max value of 75 psig. It could cause injector o-rings to leak. The upgraded factory fuel pressure regulator spring is what you need.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 01-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Senior User

a711112a is starting off with a positive reputation.
wstone, What is the hose that is coming off your oil filter lid for?
Old 01-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Post Fiend

69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of
I would assume oil press.
2007 Thor Jazz 5er, 11k dry weight, 31'
173rd Abn. RVN.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm hitting easy street

amdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant future
That's his oil bypass filter hose.

2004 Late Build CC LB 4x4 6.0L

"Drive it like you know how to fix it!"
Old 01-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Elder User

davidkstyler has a good reputation on FTE.davidkstyler has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
I would assume oil press.
Looks like a by-pass filter that drains into the oil filler
2005 F250 6.0 PSD XL 2WD LB, Fumoto valve, HFCM Drain Mod, Edge Insight, Edge Exhaust Pyrometer, GlowShift Fuel Pressure Gauge, Blue Spring, BulletProof EGR, Cat ELC, Homemade Coolant Filter, Ravelco, Red Head Steering Gear, MOOG Ball Joints, Bestop Bumper Step, Amp Research Bed XTender, Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover, 140 Amp O'Reilly Alternator
Old 01-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Senior User

a711112a is starting off with a positive reputation.
by pass filter. why? what is the benefit?
Old 01-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Post Fiend

69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of
Didn't notice the filter out in the north forty. My boo-boo.
2007 Thor Jazz 5er, 11k dry weight, 31'
173rd Abn. RVN.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm hitting easy street

amdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant future
He has another thread with a different pic. Shows how they both fit in there.

2004 Late Build CC LB 4x4 6.0L

"Drive it like you know how to fix it!"
Old 01-15-2011, 10:30 PM
New User

wstone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
The gillette spring will put your fuel pressure over the recommended max value of 75 psig. It could cause injector o-rings to leak. The upgraded factory fuel pressure regulator spring is what you need.
Dang, I should have checked here before I got the spring. Any idea what the upgraded factory spring runs? And a part number if you have it?
Thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Regulator kit part # 3C3Z-9T517-AG. I think you can get it for around $50.

I tried the Gillete spring and my fuel pressure went to 100 psig. I got it out of there immediately. Lots of similar stories.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 01-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Elder User

hubler13f has a good reputation on FTE.hubler13f has a good reputation on FTE.
I've also got the GDS spring and have been running it for about 2 years now, no problems with the injectors yet. But Bismic is right that it will jump the fuel pressure up there above the recomended pressure.

Oil in IC system is normal due to the CCV as stated above.
2005 F250 6.0 PSD 4X4, leveling kit, homemade remote oil cooler, 295/70/R17's on Eagle Wheels, ARP studs, POWERMAX TURBO, EGR cooler deleted, GDS Spring, Banjo Bolt Mod, solid 1 piece Y and up pipe, Diamond Eye 4" SS Turbo Back straight pipe, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Riff Raff boots, 58 volt HOT FICM mod, Innovative Mild FICM Tune, Zoodad mod, Harpooned tank, Lubed with Rotella T6, Edge Insight, SCT SF3 w/Matt's custom tunes

Last edited by hubler13f; 01-15-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 01-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubler13f View Post
I've also got the GDS spring and have been running it for about 2 years now, no problems with the injectors yet.
Good to know - thanks
Old 01-16-2011, 07:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
350, 60, 60l, air, charge, cooler, diesel, f250, f350, filter, ford, hose, hoses, oil, powerstroke