Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Post Fiend

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiLynn View Post
Ok. Well, I had a brain fart and realize that I don't NEED the key cylinder in working order for the door to lock as long as the actuator is in working order, which it is. I already ordered the key cylinder, so it will be a project for...someday. Thanks for letting me 'talk it out' to myself on the forum.
But how are you going to get in there when the actuator goes?
Old 07-28-2014, 05:37 PM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXv10 View Post
Maybe not, did you see my write-up on that? It might be in the folder.
Quote:
Soak it in one one those "super" penetrating oils overnight and use a little pick to scrape the rust etc, it should free up...........mine did, see my thread on it (should be in the tech folder).
Quote:
Yep it's in my thread.

Click the image to open in full size.

Look at me now!

Mark aka FTEMaB #7

"Form never follows function; that is the folly and the vanity of theory"

(Rudolph)
http://vimeo.com/user25371657

Last edited by mecdac; 07-29-2014 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Post Fiend

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
Medac; is that your Christmas costume, or did you just borrow it?
Old 07-28-2014, 06:25 PM
New User

NikiLynn is starting off with a positive reputation.
Valid point, I hadn't considered that. I ordered the door cylinder, so we'll get to that project sooner than later, I suppose. Just glad the door actually locks now. Anyone chance out the cylinder back there before? It can be as easy as slipping off the metal wire clip, and then replacing, right? Didn't want to tinker with it too much until I got the part in.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:31 PM
New User

Valid point, I hadn't considered that. I ordered the door cylinder, so we'll get to that project sooner than later, I suppose. Just glad the door actually locks now. Anyone chance out the cylinder back there before? It can be as easy as slipping off the metal wire clip, and then replacing, right? Didn't want to tinker with it too much until I got the part in.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:35 PM
New User

Valid point, I hadn't considered that. I ordered the door cylinder, so I'll get to that project sooner than later, I suppose. Just glad the door actually locks now. Anyone change out the cylinder back there before? It can't be as easy as slipping off the metal wire clip, and then replacing, right? Didn't want to tinker with it too much until I got the part in.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiLynn View Post
Yep it's in my thread.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Junior User

David - WI is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi,

I registered here just to say "thank you" because I've been able fix a couple of common Excursion problems (door ajar light, stuck hatch lock, ripped copper strip in the map lights, found keyless entry code) with help from you guys.

Anyway, I got the hatch lock out and spent an hour soaking and poking at it... and finally took it apart and found the brass tumblers or pins were trashed. I spent another hour and got all (6?) to move but they wouldn't "spring back" so now the lock stayed "unlocked" when you pulled the key out.

As a long shot I googled for an Excursion lock cylinder and found a guy on Ebay (wolfsecurityhardware) selling complete sets of ignition, door, and hatch locks with new keys OR the individual locks and for $9 extra he'll key them to match your key by sending him a hi-res photo of your key.

I have no affiliation with him and I just paid the extra $9 this morning so I don't have the lock yet... but for about $35 I wish I wouldn't have wasted hours trying to free up the old one.

I'm just posting because I'm sure there are other people who's locks are as corroded as mine who don't want extra keys just for the hatch.

David
Old 08-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Postmaster

Apocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud of
llittle_llama
That's not a bad deal really... I have a southern truck so no corrosion, but if I needed them all done that's a hell of a deal!
Hellwig rear sway bar
18" F-350 wheels
Old 08-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Junior User

David - WI is starting off with a positive reputation.
Worked out great, couldn't be happier. New lock, gasket, and a pair of non-PATS door keys that are keyed to match my door/ignition locks for $35.

Click the image to open in full size.

I blasted the rust off the old "arm" and gave it a naval jelly soak and coat of aluminum paint... then popped it onto the new lock.

(Yikes... I didn't intend the photo to be so huge!)
Old 08-11-2014, 11:04 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
2001, actuator, door, excursion, explorer, fix, ford, hatch, hatchback, lock, panel, pic, rear, remove, repair