Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Recommended Ford Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 PM
ranger pat
Cargo Master
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Recommended Ford Dealer?

I am searching for recommendations of a good Ford Dealer for new vehicle purchase as well as service and parts. I live near Elk River, but would travel 40-50 miles if I could find a decent Ford Dealer. Any recommendations?

Old 04-22-2011, 12:08 AM
84-6.9L
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The local guys are as pushy as a bulldozer, and listen as well as an ear of corn. I hate going there, Try St. Boni ford i think they have the smallest ford dealer ever, last i saw it was a tiny building with 1car and a truck by it.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:19 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't have a specific one in mind but I would also recommend something away from the cities Joe.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:36 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pm sent Joe

Old 04-22-2011, 12:37 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never mind you do not have Pm's set up....

Old 04-22-2011, 09:13 PM
ranger pat
Cargo Master
Thanks Tom. I got the note. I am considering the St. Cloud dealer, Tenvoorde, but waiting to see if anybody has anything to say about them.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Jbotto
Posting Guru
My dad bought his Superduty from Holt Motors in Cokato. He almost went through Tenvoorde, but decided to do something closer to home. I have a buddy who's a mechanic at Waconia Ford. There's definitely plenty of dealerships to choose from Joe!

Old 04-23-2011, 07:19 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you willing to travel, the dealership I've found most honest, and helpful is actually Superior Ford. It's got good ownership, and they've worked hard to become the best.

I've got no real experience with Tenvoorde, but I've never heard bad things...

Old 04-25-2011, 12:28 AM
scotjonscot
Freshman User
I've had good experiences with Boyer Trucks in Minneapolis. Not sure what their other locations are like. Service dept. is open till midnight.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:44 PM
COE Joe
Senior User
In the Twin Cities area, I go to Boyer Ford for trucks, and North Country Ford for anything else.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:37 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
I bought my F-250 from Tenvoorde Ford and was happy with the service. We have also purchased vehicles from Superior and have been happy.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Skill_Kills
Senior User
Anderson & Koch in North Branch is where we buy all our trucks. weve started to do some business in Cambridge/Isanti at Hayford. (my truck is there right now actually) both are pretty good but I haven't heard anything bad about A&K. not too sure about Hayford yet but my dad got his last one there

oh and my dad got his first PSD @ Tenvoorde in 99 and they seemed alright then but i think they are just your avg dealer nowadays

Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Skill_Kills
Senior User
Originally Posted by 84-6.9L
The local guys are as pushy as a bulldozer, and listen as well as an ear of corn. I hate going there, Try St. Boni ford i think they have the smallest ford dealer ever, last i saw it was a tiny building with 1car and a truck by it.
Braham is the same way. usually only 3 cars and a truck or 2 there but i think theyve been there quite a while. never stopped in OMW to the cabin and looked really

Old 05-19-2011, 05:55 AM
walt501
Junior User
Here's what I do, it may or may not work for you. I try to avoid the large mega dealers that own several dealerships among several different brands. I like a dealer where I'm likely to find the owner on site most of the time. I take the time to introduce myself to the owner and chat for awhile about my vehicle needs and why he thinks his dealership might be able to meet my needs.

So fast forward, I've purchased the vehicle and now I need to bring it in for repairs, maintenance, warranty work or whatever. When I'm dropping it off at the service desk, I always ask - by name - if the owner is in that day and if so I'll head towards his office. This tells the service people I personally know the owner. Do I think it makes a difference? You bet! Over the last 2 years I've had to do around $5500 in maintenance, repairs and upgrades to my truck. Each time I swing by Tim's office to say "hi". So out of all that work done, you'd think I'd have to take the truck back for some little adjustment, right? Wrong, everything was fix right the first time.

Hope my experience might be of help to others.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:12 PM
ranger pat
Cargo Master
Thanks for all the input. I have been on an extended road trip for a while now, but next time I need Ford service, parts or vehicle purchase, I will investigate Superior Ford. In Elk River, when I got the wife's Explorer worked on, they would not take my check and that bums me out. When I get our Corvette serviced at Miller in Rogers, they take my check, supply coffee and have the vehicle ready when they say it will be ready.

Quick Reply: Recommended Ford Dealer?