Price: $6000
Mileage: 99999
Color: white
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IN
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
Color: Beige

Up for sale is my 1979 Ford 6 Wheeler Truck. I got this truck in on a trade and I fell in love with it but I just dont need it and could use some cash for my 79 Bronco project. This thing is a blast to drive and is definitely a head-turner.
A little about the truck:
I believe the frame was originally a 1979 F150 Longbed frame which was lengthened. I did not do any of the custom work on this truck but I can tell it was done by someone who knew what they were doing. The cab is a 1979 Ford F150 truck cab that has recently been completely restored. It has a brand new re-upholstered black leather bench seat, new black carpet, and paint on the inside and outside of the cab. The truck has great heat but no A/C, this was not a factory A/C truck. It has an aftermarket CD/radio head unit which works as it should. The speakers work great. All the gauges work EXCEPT for the fuel gauge which is really kind of a pain! I imagine the float in the tank is stuck but I haven't even dropped the tank to figure it out.
The motor is a mildly built 351m with a Holley 650, mild cam, aluminum intake, ect. The motor does surprisingly well for a truck this size, I underestimated it at first but this truck will tow well. It has a C6 automatic transmission, and NP205 transfer case. ALSO this truck IS NOT 6 wheel drive. The rearmost axle is a tag/float axle thats ONLY purpose is to spread the weight of a load on the flatbed or hitch of the truck. The front axle is a D44 and the middle axle is a Ford 9". There are airbags on the rear of the truck that are inflated/deflated by valves on each bag. The tires are BRAND NEW BFGoodrich Mud Terrains with less than 500 miles on them! When I picked this truck up the **** were still on the tires. The truck also has a "Quick N Easy" trailer hitch that has two levers that let the hitch neck slide out 12" and then move side to side making it easy to connect to your trailer when you are by yourself.
I will be honest, while this truck looks amazing for being over 30 years old it is no show truck. It does have one spot on the passenger side cab corner where the paint has bubbled a little bit. There is also a spot on the left side of the hood about the size of a quarter that has started to bubble. This is just surface rust causing the paint to bubble, this is not rot. Other than those spots there is NO rust on this truck. The fuel gauge also doesn't work and I busted the rear brake line while bleeding the brakes. The rear line was rubbing on the frame causing one spot to wear away and become thin, so when I put a little extra pressure on the lines during the bleeding process the rear line ruptured. I will have a new rear brake line on before the truck is sold, so that will not be a problem. The headache rack looking thing on the bed of the truck was used for a fuel cell and tool box by the previous owner. There is no fuel cell or tool box included in this sale.
The truck starts right up and runs like a top. It is a blast to drive and very reliable. I drove it daily around town for about a month (500 miles or so). This would be a great farm truck, or just another toy for someone with some extra cash, or even a good candidate for a powerstroke or cummins swap. I have listed all the issues and info I know about the truck. If you have any other questions or want me to text/email you more pictures of anything on the truck just let me know. My cell is (812) 345-2475, call or text anytime. I am asking $6,000 for the truck and would consider PARTIAL trades for an aluminum bass boat, Honda Rincon 4x4, or maybe some firearms. But that means no matter what the trade I still need CASH along with your item. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Keywords: 1978, 1979, Ford, Truck, 4x4, 6x6, powerstroke, cummins, flatbed, BFGoodrich, mud, diesel, tow, rig

Old 01-15-2011, 09:32 AM
shameful-habits
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 tough looking ride

Old 02-04-2011, 05:44 PM
thpurdy
New User
I want this TRUCK...........

Old 02-06-2011, 09:12 PM
thpurdy
New User
Where in Indiana are you located?

Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Fix_Or_Repair_Daily
New User
Do you have an pictures of the underside of the truck and driveline?

Old 02-08-2011, 02:26 PM
swampshaker99
Junior User
I am in bloomington, IN...and i will get some pictures of the underside of the truck this weekend.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:16 PM
snaponprofile
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Beautiful truck dude.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Fix_Or_Repair_Daily
New User
Originally Posted by swampshaker99
I am in bloomington, IN...and i will get some pictures of the underside of the truck this weekend.
Sounds great.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Scott 73
Junior User
Nice Looking , wish I had the Extra $$$