N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Welcome to our two newest members - Mike Bartlett and dalmeida

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Welcome to our two newest members - Mike Bartlett and dalmeida

I want to welcome our two newest members to our chapter, Mike Bartlett and dalmeida. They both are local guys with great trucks.

Mike has a '95 F350 with 7.3l (diesel, if you didn't know) and wants to chat with other diesel enthusiasts as well as Ford trucks.

Dalmieda has a sweet '56 F100. I highly recommend you go and see the pics of it and his dog.

Please feel free to introduce yourself to our group. Feel free to ask questions, share stories and advice and have a good time.

Once again - welcome!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:28 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea anthoer oil bunners

Old 01-10-2011, 08:13 PM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Big welcome to you both. We have quite a few dieselers here.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Doc Feel Good
Cross-Country
Welcome to the club.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Mike Bartlett
Mountain Pass
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Thanks everyone good to be here and looking forward to meeting some of you at some point.

I am the original owner I purchased my truck when I lived in Canton, GA. from 1991-1996. Grew up in San Jose but now live in Pleasanton. I pull my 1991 Sanger Tournament boat which I bought new as well in 91'. It's always been garaged and runs like the day I bought her. I ordered it from Sanger with an optional Ford 351 instead of the 350 Chebby standard motor. I haven't regreted that extra cost one bit. My latest and long time yerning is a Shelby AC Cobra. I bought it as a roller, comes complete less motor & tranny, from Shelby's shop in Las Vegas in 2004. I had a 427 S/O motor from a Sanger Flat Bottom race boat I had prior to the Sanger tournament boat I bought and still own. Fortunately I pulled the 427 motor from the boat, installed a 390CID in its place, then sold it just before moving to GA. Kept the 427 in a crate for 20 years until I was finally able to buy the Cobra. It's a load of fun to drive, of course, the wife and I do 2-3 trips a year with a Cobra club going to Tahoe, Santa Barbara, Napa, etc. Great Fun.

DOC,
I live in Pleasanton as well near Stoneridge/Foothill. We have probably driven past each other around town I'm sure.

Later all...

Mike

Old 01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

Welcome aboard!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Doc Feel Good
Cross-Country
Well I live in the P-town slums....lol

I am in Val Vista area by Donlan Elem... Stoneridge and Hopyard area by Luckys/DMV...

Old 01-11-2011, 11:32 PM
dalmeida
Junior User
Hello to everyone,

I'm Dave the dog is Kona and I've lived in the SF bay area since since 1959 and I guess that counts as my entire life since I wasn't old enough to remember much when my parents brought me here.
My hobby, (my wife would say weekend obsession) and it has been for the nearly five years I've had her(truck), is a 56 F100 with a 351Windsor V8 and 3spd on the column. Other than the donor engine from a 69 Mustang and the tranny from a 70 Maverick and the 53 grille it's pretty much stock. I've been trying to return it in that direction little by little as time and funds permit with small deviations for safety and correcting the "interesting" modifications of the previous owner. You all know how that is. There's a reason for the . I've redone the exhaust, clutch, added power brakes, all the door hardware inside and out, gone from a one piece window back to the original two window configuration along with instruments and a lot of little cosmetic changes too numerous to mention.

My list of projects includes tackling the the cancer overlooked in the rocker panels and the rear inner cab corners putting power assist steering, and re-doing the interior.

If anybody knows of some local sources for vintage parts that would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently looking for a original bench seat from a 53-56. If I don't find one soon I'm going to try a trip to the LA area to bring one back. My wife thinks it will be a vacation. The owners and fellow truck addicts on this site have been great help and extremely knowledgeable . Hope to get to see some of you at some shows or meet-ups.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:20 AM
joe f350
Post Fiend
u should put a diesel in that 1959

Old 01-13-2011, 11:46 AM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The truck is a 56. But, yea, a 4BT would be neat in it. Maybe even a 6.9....I must be going soft to recommend an IDI.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:15 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Bartlett
Thanks everyone good to be here and looking forward to meeting some of you at some point.

I am the original owner I purchased my truck when I lived in Canton, GA. from 1991-1996. Grew up in San Jose but now live in Pleasanton. I pull my 1991 Sanger Tournament boat which I bought new as well in 91'. It's always been garaged and runs like the day I bought her. I ordered it from Sanger with an optional Ford 351 instead of the 350 Chebby standard motor. I haven't regreted that extra cost one bit. My latest and long time yerning is a Shelby AC Cobra. I bought it as a roller, comes complete less motor & tranny, from Shelby's shop in Las Vegas in 2004. I had a 427 S/O motor from a Sanger Flat Bottom race boat I had prior to the Sanger tournament boat I bought and still own. Fortunately I pulled the 427 motor from the boat, installed a 390CID in its place, then sold it just before moving to GA. Kept the 427 in a crate for 20 years until I was finally able to buy the Cobra. It's a load of fun to drive, of course, the wife and I do 2-3 trips a year with a Cobra club going to Tahoe, Santa Barbara, Napa, etc. Great Fun.

DOC,
I live in Pleasanton as well near Stoneridge/Foothill. We have probably driven past each other around town I'm sure.

Later all...

Mike
Very cool. I have an affinity for Cobras, as I own the cousin to one. There's an automotive-based reason for my username...

Old 01-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Mike Bartlett
Mountain Pass
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Ah yes, the Sunbeam Tiger those are great. Either a Ford 260-CID or 289-CID I think, right? Cool cars I think Shelby had those in mind when he put together the Cobra?

Mike

Old 01-14-2011, 12:22 PM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

The first prototype Tiger was built by Shelby IIRC.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:29 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Shelby built the second prototype (there was an unofficial prototype built previously.) Due to his success with the Cobra he was asked to put a 260 into a Sunbeam Alpine by Ian Garrad, the West Coast manager of Rootes Group, but they got impatient while waiting for it so he and race car driver Ken Miles threw one together in about two weeks, played with it and then parked it when Shelby's superior conversion was finished.

All but the last 500 or so came with the 260, then the Mk II was released with the 289.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:02 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
I know where ya are Mike B. I grew up in that neighborhood and my high school girlfriend lived by Doc feel good in Val Vista.. However that was a long time ago. I graduated from Foothill in 1982