Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-06-2011, 06:38 PM
fgials's Avatar
fgials fgials is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 173
fgials is starting off with a positive reputation.
Governing the speed

Anyone know if the top speed can be governed to 70 mph?+
__________________
2002 Limited Ultimate 2wd Excursion 6.8 V10
Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, SCT-X3 Tuner with
5-Star Tunes, UltraGauge, Prodigy P2 Brake Control
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-07-2011, 08:23 AM
ncranchero's Avatar
ncranchero ncranchero is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E.Lincoln County, NC
Posts: 2,761
ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
Ford dealer might could. Might contact one of these programmer manufacturers for help. You're basically running a Focus drivetrain.

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/computer_chips.htm
__________________
Steve,
'94 F150 4x4 4.9L/5-speed/3.55(H9) 166K miles
'00 Taurus SES DOHC 87K miles
'02 Escape XLT 3.0/auto 165K miles
'10 TRANSIT Connect 210K miles
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-08-2011, 12:30 AM
85e150six4mtod 85e150six4mtod is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,973
85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
I noticed the window sticker on some '11 E150s we got at work showed a "65 mph..." max speed governor. So maybe Ford has that option for other vehicles....?????
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Jax Rhapsody's Avatar
Jax Rhapsody Jax Rhapsody is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 92
Jax Rhapsody is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncranchero View Post
Ford dealer might could. Might contact one of these programmer manufacturers for help. You're basically running a Focus drivetrain.

Performance Programmer Computer Chips for Trucks
So the Transit is fwd?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-10-2011, 05:24 AM
ncranchero's Avatar
ncranchero ncranchero is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E.Lincoln County, NC
Posts: 2,761
ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody View Post
So the Transit is fwd?
Yes, the Transit CONNECT is front wheel drive, 2.0L. Gets 25 mpg but loaded @ it's max 1600 lbs acceleration is slowwwwwwwwwwwwww ! Lots of cargo space but the weight drags it down.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Steve,
'94 F150 4x4 4.9L/5-speed/3.55(H9) 166K miles
'00 Taurus SES DOHC 87K miles
'02 Escape XLT 3.0/auto 165K miles
'10 TRANSIT Connect 210K miles
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Jax Rhapsody's Avatar
Jax Rhapsody Jax Rhapsody is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 92
Jax Rhapsody is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm actually kinda dissapointed it's fwd. But how would a SVT Focus drivetrain sound?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 AM
fgials's Avatar
fgials fgials is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 173
fgials is starting off with a positive reputation.
Everything is going fwd now. I have the Service manager checking on this for me now. I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks
__________________
2002 Limited Ultimate 2wd Excursion 6.8 V10
Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, SCT-X3 Tuner with
5-Star Tunes, UltraGauge, Prodigy P2 Brake Control
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-08-2011, 03:40 PM
fgials's Avatar
fgials fgials is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 173
fgials is starting off with a positive reputation.
They say they can't govern the speed on it! It has to be possible though. Come on guys hope someone might know something.
__________________
2002 Limited Ultimate 2wd Excursion 6.8 V10
Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, SCT-X3 Tuner with
5-Star Tunes, UltraGauge, Prodigy P2 Brake Control
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Jax Rhapsody's Avatar
Jax Rhapsody Jax Rhapsody is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 92
Jax Rhapsody is starting off with a positive reputation.
Let it govern itself. Ever see a R&T or C&D if not gear limited it usually sez something like aerodynamically limited in the description next to top speed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-09-2011, 02:46 PM
fgials's Avatar
fgials fgials is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 173
fgials is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody View Post
Let it govern itself. Ever see a R&T or C&D if not gear limited it usually sez something like aerodynamically limited in the description next to top speed.
I am running a fleet of trucks and am just trying to limit topend speed to 70 no more. thanks
__________________
2002 Limited Ultimate 2wd Excursion 6.8 V10
Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, SCT-X3 Tuner with
5-Star Tunes, UltraGauge, Prodigy P2 Brake Control
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-12-2011, 12:14 AM
dmanlyr dmanlyr is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 1,455
dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgials View Post
I am running a fleet of trucks and am just trying to limit topend speed to 70 no more. thanks
If you cannot limit the top speed either from Ford or aftermarket, then how about a speed recorder?

It won't stop the speeding, but it will give you the ability to review and then deal with the offending driver(s) The nice thing about the GPS style over the mechanical recorders are this - it is just not about the top speed limiting, but it checks speeds in all areas such as a school zone, or if going 45 say in a 35 zone, etc.

Where I work some of the trucks are equipped with GPS tracking, and a report is emailed daily on speeding to the office and drivers - but in that case the trucks are assigned to a paticular driver. Easy to track who has what truck number.

While the libertarian in me doesn't take to big brother snooping, and it will never hapoen on my personal vehicle, in this case it is a private company that I choose to work for, and one of the things that I choose to accept by that choice to work there is the GPS, or the possibility of such.

You most likely are going to loose a driver or two if you go the GPS route, but you will lose them eventually anyways if they have tickets, and you wont have to wait until there annual DMV/DOT records check to find out what they have been doing in your trucks with your name on them! And on your insurance policy to boot!

Good luck with this.

David
__________________
90 F250 7.5L E4OD, 03 F350 SD auto with the infamous diesel 6.0 for work, 70 C600 330 MT40 & 72 IH Fleetstar 6V-53 MT41 - dump trucks - both are AUTOMATICS! O2 Oldsmobile Bravada, Kubota L3200, Hustler Super Z mower, all Hydrostatics, 85 Honda Elite 250 & 150 scooter CVT - Nary a manual in the fleet!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-12-2011, 04:10 PM
fgials's Avatar
fgials fgials is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 173
fgials is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanlyr View Post
If you cannot limit the top speed either from Ford or aftermarket, then how about a speed recorder?

It won't stop the speeding, but it will give you the ability to review and then deal with the offending driver(s) The nice thing about the GPS style over the mechanical recorders are this - it is just not about the top speed limiting, but it checks speeds in all areas such as a school zone, or if going 45 say in a 35 zone, etc.

Where I work some of the trucks are equipped with GPS tracking, and a report is emailed daily on speeding to the office and drivers - but in that case the trucks are assigned to a paticular driver. Easy to track who has what truck number.

While the libertarian in me doesn't take to big brother snooping, and it will never hapoen on my personal vehicle, in this case it is a private company that I choose to work for, and one of the things that I choose to accept by that choice to work there is the GPS, or the possibility of such.

You most likely are going to loose a driver or two if you go the GPS route, but you will lose them eventually anyways if they have tickets, and you wont have to wait until there annual DMV/DOT records check to find out what they have been doing in your trucks with your name on them! And on your insurance policy to boot!

Good luck with this.

David
I am acually looking very hard at geomoto.com for a real time tracker.

Thanks again
__________________
2002 Limited Ultimate 2wd Excursion 6.8 V10
Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, SCT-X3 Tuner with
5-Star Tunes, UltraGauge, Prodigy P2 Brake Control
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect

Tags
69, county, diesel, f250, ford, govenered, govern, governing, gps, ranger, sct, speed, top, tracking, truck, vehicle

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup