Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Senior User

fgials is starting off with a positive reputation.
Governing the speed

Anyone know if the top speed can be governed to 70 mph?+
Old 01-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
Ford dealer might could. Might contact one of these programmer manufacturers for help. You're basically running a Focus drivetrain.

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/computer_chips.htm
'02 Escape XLT 3.0/auto 165K miles
'10 TRANSIT Connect 210K miles
Old 01-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Post Fiend

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
I noticed the window sticker on some '11 E150s we got at work showed a "65 mph..." max speed governor. So maybe Ford has that option for other vehicles....?????
Old 01-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Junior User

Jax Rhapsody is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncranchero View Post
Ford dealer might could. Might contact one of these programmer manufacturers for help. You're basically running a Focus drivetrain.

Performance Programmer Computer Chips for Trucks
So the Transit is fwd?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:24 AM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody View Post
So the Transit is fwd?
Yes, the Transit CONNECT is front wheel drive, 2.0L. Gets 25 mpg but loaded @ it's max 1600 lbs acceleration is slowwwwwwwwwwwwww ! Lots of cargo space but the weight drags it down.

Click the image to open in full size.

'02 Escape XLT 3.0/auto 165K miles
'10 TRANSIT Connect 210K miles
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Junior User

I'm actually kinda dissapointed it's fwd. But how would a SVT Focus drivetrain sound?
Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Senior User

Everything is going fwd now. I have the Service manager checking on this for me now. I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Senior User

They say they can't govern the speed on it! It has to be possible though. Come on guys hope someone might know something.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Junior User

Let it govern itself. Ever see a R&T or C&D if not gear limited it usually sez something like aerodynamically limited in the description next to top speed.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody View Post
Let it govern itself. Ever see a R&T or C&D if not gear limited it usually sez something like aerodynamically limited in the description next to top speed.
I am running a fleet of trucks and am just trying to limit topend speed to 70 no more. thanks
Old 02-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Posting Guru

dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.dmanlyr has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgials View Post
I am running a fleet of trucks and am just trying to limit topend speed to 70 no more. thanks
If you cannot limit the top speed either from Ford or aftermarket, then how about a speed recorder?

It won't stop the speeding, but it will give you the ability to review and then deal with the offending driver(s) The nice thing about the GPS style over the mechanical recorders are this - it is just not about the top speed limiting, but it checks speeds in all areas such as a school zone, or if going 45 say in a 35 zone, etc.

Where I work some of the trucks are equipped with GPS tracking, and a report is emailed daily on speeding to the office and drivers - but in that case the trucks are assigned to a paticular driver. Easy to track who has what truck number.

While the libertarian in me doesn't take to big brother snooping, and it will never hapoen on my personal vehicle, in this case it is a private company that I choose to work for, and one of the things that I choose to accept by that choice to work there is the GPS, or the possibility of such.

You most likely are going to loose a driver or two if you go the GPS route, but you will lose them eventually anyways if they have tickets, and you wont have to wait until there annual DMV/DOT records check to find out what they have been doing in your trucks with your name on them! And on your insurance policy to boot!

Good luck with this.

David
90 F250 7.5L E4OD, 03 F350 SD auto with the infamous diesel 6.0 for work, 70 C600 330 MT40 & 72 IH Fleetstar 6V-53 MT41 - dump trucks - both are AUTOMATICS! O2 Oldsmobile Bravada, Kubota L3200, Hustler Super Z mower, all Hydrostatics, 85 Honda Elite 250 & 150 scooter CVT - Nary a manual in the fleet!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanlyr View Post
If you cannot limit the top speed either from Ford or aftermarket, then how about a speed recorder?

It won't stop the speeding, but it will give you the ability to review and then deal with the offending driver(s) The nice thing about the GPS style over the mechanical recorders are this - it is just not about the top speed limiting, but it checks speeds in all areas such as a school zone, or if going 45 say in a 35 zone, etc.

Where I work some of the trucks are equipped with GPS tracking, and a report is emailed daily on speeding to the office and drivers - but in that case the trucks are assigned to a paticular driver. Easy to track who has what truck number.

While the libertarian in me doesn't take to big brother snooping, and it will never hapoen on my personal vehicle, in this case it is a private company that I choose to work for, and one of the things that I choose to accept by that choice to work there is the GPS, or the possibility of such.

You most likely are going to loose a driver or two if you go the GPS route, but you will lose them eventually anyways if they have tickets, and you wont have to wait until there annual DMV/DOT records check to find out what they have been doing in your trucks with your name on them! And on your insurance policy to boot!

Good luck with this.

David
I am acually looking very hard at geomoto.com for a real time tracker.

Thanks again
Old 02-12-2011, 04:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect

Tags
69, county, diesel, f250, ford, govenered, govern, governing, gps, ranger, sct, speed, top, tracking, truck, vehicle