6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Flat load floor in 2011?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 05:17 PM
tbaker00
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dog rides in the bed. The back seat is for people. And since I have a lariat I certainly don't want the dogs nails digging into the seat and tearing the leather. And no hair in the truck is also nice. Plus he loves the back and loves the wind blowing through his ears, barking at passing cars, pointing at cats and birds, and just loves all the room back there.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Hu Slung Pu
Yeah, but this would be a messy cleanup with my dead deer on this nice carpet!
I'd have to cut a huge notch in the topper for my fifth wheel

Old 01-07-2011, 05:58 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
You would think, but it will hose right off. It's nothing but plastic.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:55 PM
2011F-250KR
Junior User
Originally Posted by RaiderAZ
Yep I miss that too. The seats don't lay flat when folding down so the dogs can lay on it without destroying the seat backs. I have been thinking of building my own platform to place it the truck.
I used to lay the back seat down on my F-150 SC and throw a blanket on it for the dogs. I had a nice carpeted camper shell, but when we go camping, it's full of firewood, generators, coolers, ect. Plus in the Summer it gets quite hot.

I got a sheet of plywood and some cheap carpet and built a collapsible dog bed which keeps them from the nice leather. Gonna try it next weekend.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
Gotta disagree with you on this one. I have the bedrug and hunt also. I shot a deer and blood and Ice water was all over the bedrug where the deer was laying for about 4 hours on the drive home.. I was thinking the worst..but gotta do what you gotta do. I drove to the car wash and thought this is gonna weigh down my truck with a wet rug and take FOREVER to dry....Just the opposite. Cleaned up like new and was dry within 2 hours. Also No weight at all being held by the water. Drained like a sieve. The best thing I've added to my truck is the bedrug. As a Hunter this comes highly recommended. I will NEVER go back to a spray in or a drop in liner.

Also today I bought a 1/4 cord of wood thinking the bark and sawdust will be horrendous getting out. Not true either. Took my leaf blower and again, looks brand new.

Awesome product!!

Shane

Old 01-16-2011, 11:32 PM
IDDiesel
New User
Steel Load Floor

I just installed a folding Steel Load Floor under the back seat of my 2011 F350. The folding floor came out of a '06 F250/350. EASY. Unbolt the storage bin and bolt in the folding floor.Use the factory button head torx so they don't stick up too high. Ford dealer said this part was around $700. I paid $75 at the bone yard. Look for a split back seat that has been damaged or torn. That way they will be happy to sell the fold out floor seperatly. Good Luck!

Old 01-17-2011, 12:09 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by IDDiesel
I just installed a folding Steel Load Floor under the back seat of my 2011 F350. The folding floor came out of a '06 F250/350. EASY. Unbolt the storage bin and bolt in the folding floor.Use the factory button head torx so they don't stick up too high. Ford dealer said this part was around $700. I paid $75 at the bone yard. Look for a split back seat that has been damaged or torn. That way they will be happy to sell the fold out floor seperatly. Good Luck!

Pictures of what you did?
And is this part a "crew cab" part?

Old 01-17-2011, 07:50 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Welcome to FTE IDDiesel. Great idea. Pictures would be great.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:58 AM
IDDiesel
New User
2011 flat floor

Sorry, no pic's yet. Grey and raining today. My 2011 F350 is a Crew Cab. The '06-'11 back seat mounts(Crew Cab)are the same, as is the Folding Steel Load Floor. The Folding Load Floor attaches to the seat mounts at the same locations as the Storage bin. There is also a tab that bolts to the floor. Just trim a hole in the carpet and put in a seat mount bolt, the hole is already there in the floor of the new truck.The folding floor was only in models with the split rear seat(Lariat perhaps?). 2005 models may also be the same, I'm not sure. Look for the split rear seat not the rear bench. I have a tool box in the bed, so I wanted a flat, dry place to carry cargo.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Hu Slung Pu
Junior User
Originally Posted by porthole
Pictures of what you did?
And is this part a "crew cab" part?
I'd like to see pics when you can get them.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Crawgator
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tbaker00
My dog rides in the bed. The back seat is for people. And since I have a lariat I certainly don't want the dogs nails digging into the seat and tearing the leather. And no hair in the truck is also nice. Plus he loves the back and loves the wind blowing through his ears, barking at passing cars, pointing at cats and birds, and just loves all the room back there.
Not safe! I let my dogs ride in the truck in the back seat area. Thousands of dogs are injured because they were in the back of a truck every year. Being thrown out, etc...
Pets 911 - dangers of dogs riding in pick up beds, dog safety tip

Old 01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
me too. I'd love to do this mod before the parts yards are all out of them

Old 01-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Crawgator
Freshman User
Originally Posted by IDDiesel
Sorry, no pic's yet. Grey and raining today. My 2011 F350 is a Crew Cab. The '06-'11 back seat mounts(Crew Cab)are the same, as is the Folding Steel Load Floor. The Folding Load Floor attaches to the seat mounts at the same locations as the Storage bin. There is also a tab that bolts to the floor. Just trim a hole in the carpet and put in a seat mount bolt, the hole is already there in the floor of the new truck.The folding floor was only in models with the split rear seat(Lariat perhaps?). 2005 models may also be the same, I'm not sure. Look for the split rear seat not the rear bench. I have a tool box in the bed, so I wanted a flat, dry place to carry cargo.
I'd love to see pics as well. I am in the process of buying a crew cab F350 and need the room for my dogs in the back seat. I thought about taking the bins out already. The folding steel floor purpose is to handle heavy gear in the back?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:35 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
Originally Posted by 2011F-250KR
I had a nice carpeted camper shell, but when we go camping, it's full of firewood, generators, coolers, ect. Plus in the Summer it gets quite hot.
Everything we take is loaded into the trailer, except one cooler in with the dogs.

We overcome the heat issue by opening the rear window on the truck and the front window on the cap. I bought I guess what you'd call a "gasket" that goes between the two and put a small fan on top of the rear seat. It blows the cold cabin air into the back. It definitely works. We did one trip where the temps were hovering around 100 degrees and when I opened the cap glass, it was nice and cool in there and the dogs weren't even panting.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 PM
BMCM
Junior User
IDDiesel - Do you remember the size of the Torx used on the shelf?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Flat load floor in 2011?