Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

The Jan BS Thread...

Old 01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am so exited Hubby and Son will be home Saturday,,,,, almost 3 weeks early !

Old 01-27-2011, 07:18 PM
hojolabo
Senior User
FUEL

I'm told that "Citco" is owned by Hugo Chavez and have since quit using Citco gas as well as most other cheaper gas and never have used their diesel fuel.
Now the first thing I look for on the pump is weather it says "Methanol" if it does I just move on.
I also noticed and after reading that my Ferd(s) were missing and running poor, remembering that methanol absorbs water, I put dry gas in and it cleared up almost immediately thus running up the cost P/gal well above Shell or most premium gas brands. I have since switched exclusively to "no methanol" gas and have not had a miss and have got a little better MPG to boot, as for my diesel (Ferd tractor) or as I refer to it as my diesel powered wheel borrow, I only use Shell or BP.
A side note;
Even my riding mower (not a Ford) was missing horribly, upon draining the fuel I got about two table spoons of water out of 5 gal. of gas over the summer B-4 I caught on, slow learner i was, but that was the eye opener to my others.
Just my 2$ worth

Old 01-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
omg I call my *Ford * a FERD toooooo

I always used the same Gas stations never had any Issues till last time I think it was just a freak thing.....

Old 01-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by hojolabo
I'm told that "Citco" is owned by Hugo Chavez and have since quit using Citco gas as well as most other cheaper gas and never have used their diesel fuel.
Now the first thing I look for on the pump is weather it says "Methanol" if it does I just move on.
I also noticed and after reading that my Ferd(s) were missing and running poor, remembering that methanol absorbs water, I put dry gas in and it cleared up almost immediately thus running up the cost P/gal well above Shell or most premium gas brands. I have since switched exclusively to "no methanol" gas and have not had a miss and have got a little better MPG to boot, as for my diesel (Ferd tractor) or as I refer to it as my diesel powered wheel borrow, I only use Shell or BP.
A side note;
Even my riding mower (not a Ford) was missing horribly, upon draining the fuel I got about two table spoons of water out of 5 gal. of gas over the summer B-4 I caught on, slow learner i was, but that was the eye opener to my others.
Just my 2$ worth
International bankers own our National bank too.
So stop using the USD....

Unless its a Corporate store, by boycotting a gas station, your hurting somebody just like you or me by not buying their product.
If it is a corporate store, and is owned by somebody like Hugo, then boycot it.
you can check these things online.

The only thing the name symbolizes is the fuel additives put into the gas that all comes from the same pumping station.
They mix it right there in the tanker and send it on its way.

I hated that BP boycot crap. They hurt a lot of every day folks trying to feed their family.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Oh, Water in fuel also has a lot to do with how you "store" and take care of your own equipment and canisters when you are using them.

The tank itself will create condensation and that will drip into the fuel, or mix if you sloshed around the tank.
All depends on the weather and how you store your stuff.

It's more possible in diesel than in Gas though.
But thats why there is a water drain off on our diesels. As well as a water in fuel sensor (which i don't have)

Old 01-28-2011, 05:26 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Good morning.
Rough day yesterday, hope things get better.
Have a good day everyone.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:39 AM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
Hope everything is ok

TGIF , Looks like another 3-5 inch for us tonight, that just makes me day !

Old 01-28-2011, 06:03 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Not_His_F250

Very Cool, I am Happy for you!!!

Originally Posted by hojolabo
A side note;
Just my 2$ worth
I Agree with your disgust, but as William said, it is the independent that gets hurt.

Originally Posted by scottzj
Good morning.
Rough day yesterday, hope things get better.
Have a good day everyone.
I hope things work out for you!! Good Luck!!

Okay, fo rthe record, if you consider having your Sig 229 Mag-Na-Ported.. dont.. there was no difference between the two firearms..

1-4 being called out for here tomorrow, but I am still hoping to be heading North!!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
We are thinking going to TIP UP on Sunday..... maybe if he is not too tired

Otherwise BBQ-ing and just relaxing something this Man of mine does not understand or wants/can do lol

Old 01-28-2011, 03:57 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What is it that your hubby and son do for a living ?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
My Husband is a Foreman for a Company who does Celluar Towers , he does all the ground work so the other Crew can come in and errect the Tower.

My Son works there with him

Old 01-28-2011, 04:46 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Does your hubby and son work good together ?

I worked with my father for over 10 years, and at time's, it wasn't easy.

But know I understand why he did what he did.

The older I get, the smart he gets. and man do I miss him.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Not_His_F250
Posting Guru
Well they have their Time's .... they had to figure out when its dad / Son and when its Boss/ pee-on lol.

I think its GOOD for both of them, they are * bonding* something they needed .
But no matter what my Hubby is a perfectionist, so he is expecting more from our Kid then the other guys out there.

Good experience for both .

Andrew was thinking of Climbing Towers then he would be on a different Crew ...but then changed his Mind.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:00 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Well they have their Time's .... they had to figure out when its dad / Son and when its Boss/ pee-on lol.

I think its GOOD for both of them, they are * bonding* something they needed .
But no matter what my Hubby is a perfectionist, so he is expecting more from our Kid then the other guys out there.

Good experience for both .

Haha. That all sounds Sooooo familar.

Would give any thing to spend just one more day with him.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:25 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
well, we are home for the weekend, boys are sick, and neighbors mother passed away.. That sucks for her, she didnt need that.. so, we are going to hang tight around the household and do the family thing..It shall be a great weekend, after teh service of course.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Jan BS Thread...