1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

cool finds

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 07:15 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
penny for washers

Originally Posted by HILLBILLY BOB
I dont think that wheat pennies are worth that much fred.I had a bunch of
flying eagle pennies-V nickles-walking liberty halves-$20 gold piece
silver certificates & other money that my ex took from me before she split
Guess your right BOB. Its cheaper to drill a hole in a penny and use it as a washer then it is buy a washer.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Silver nuggets. The truck originally worked at a Gold mine. Also a totally 80s Red and blue tank top... and a shoe. lol

In my Mustang there was a poem or lyric someone had once hidden in the overhead console about time to be moving on and seeing where the road would take him. I put it back there after I redid the interior, seemed fitting.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:06 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 30 Likes on 8 Posts
hide cool and expensive crap from em

im sorry to hear when folks lose stuff over a divorce or just have an ex taken it with them....i try to hide all my cool crap from her and my son hes a lil devil...after painting a door for another car i took it inside for some letering,turned my back for a sec and he took a pipe and banged the freshly painted door a couple of times.....

Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

cleaned my seat today and found 2 dead mummified mouses and a chocolate wrapper from the 50s,also lots of poop

Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM
fifty-two_f1
Fleet Mechanic
I have a 52 parts truck that was a 5 star cab. When the guy brought it to me i was disappointed to see that the dome light and all the hood stainless was gone. I later found the stainless all in perfect condition behind the seat in the tool box and the dome light in the door!! I found so cool old coke, pepsi, chocolate milk, and dr pepper bottles in the door of a 51 ford f5. Found A butter knife and several bullet casings in my 52 i restored. I have yet to find any money!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:02 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
I think the coolest thing Ive found in one of my parts trucks was a greenish blue glass insulator, still has the single thick copper wire wrapped around it. I'll take a picture in morning and post it.

an old Pepsi can maybe 60's 70's?? some neat highway reflectors that fold up in a red canister to put out if you break down (don't think they are super old but cool nonetheless)

oh and on a 49 F1 I purchased just for the 49 50 Merc flatty that was in it had maybe 3-4 thousand dead lady bugs inside the carb and down in the intake plus I removed the door ispection covers just to see what was in there and found about an inch of dead ladybugs, that truck is now in some photographers back yard as a prop for photo shoots

Truck came from a South Dakota farm, and the engine was froze up good, but it came out crack free and is rebuilt waiting for me to get my F1 done... back to the garage..

Old 01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
When I bought my 50, it had a homeade healiner in it that sagged in the middle. I got home and unloaded the truck. I had to hurry to my buddy's wedding in town. So I changed clothes and said what the heck and drove the truck to the church. Keep in mind that this was literally my first time driving it not counting a brief test drive that morning. I parked out back, but the photographer spotted me and asked if they could take a few outdoor shots with the truck. After that, they ended up driving it away from the church in front of everybody and to the reception (I remember praying that it would just start in front of all those people). The truck has a rough paint job and body work, but the choice was a little four cylinder car or my truck. I just handed him the keys and stood back and watched. Anyway, to make a long story short, I ripped that skanky headliner out the next day and there was a huge old rats nest above it. I still cringe when I think about that girl sitting there in that beautiful dress, hairdo, etc. and that filthy rat's nest just inches from her head.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 AM
55f100tx
Senior User
My first car was a 66 mustang, it was 7 years old at the time i bought it. Soon after the purchase the carpet was getting wet on the passenger side. I bought new heater hoses, i had to lay in the floorboard with my head stuck under the heater box to install the hoses. there is a door on the box you could open, i noticed a string on it,i pulled the door and there was a loud pop, someone i guess had boobytrapped it at the factory.it had one of those firecrackers with a string on each end that used to be sold in dime stores.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:56 AM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

nice speaking of firecrackers...my uncle gave me a tool box it was full of crap and when i cleaned it i found a dynamite stick....it is still in the back of the 51 in the tool box...it has instructions too

Old 01-05-2011, 09:40 AM
jmstrickland
Junior User
I was beating on one of the fenders on my '60 and a bunch of crap rust came falling out. Later when I went to sweep up the shop I found out that some of that crap was a 1917 Army mess kit knife. It's really rusted only worth like 10$, but I thought it was pretty cool find.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:10 PM
lvin4jc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
Hmm... Let see... I only found an 80s Pepsi can and a 60s or 70s empty glass bottle of Budweiser.
It's a shame the bottle was empty, that was a rare year for Bud, they had a dry spring and so there was a shortage, it had a nice bouquet that finished well...

I was looking for some old money in mine, but just found mouse poop galore, hope that's not a foreshadowing of the rest of the project?

Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iwanaflattie
nice speaking of firecrackers...my uncle gave me a tool box it was full of crap and when i cleaned it i found a dynamite stick....it is still in the back of the 51 in the tool box...it has instructions too
Are you serious? A dynamite stick? You better get rid of it. I've only worked with dynamite just a bit and that was years ago, but the active ingredients-mostly nitroglycerine-I think? seep out and about and become more concentrated than orginal--I guess the nitro pools as it seeps throught the sawdust-like composition of the dynamite, and somehow anyway becomes mighty unstable! Maybe the modern stuff is better, but the stuff originally had to be turned in the boxes etc from time to time to prevent the seepage etc. Your tool box itself might be filled with nitro?
Check it out.

Get rid of it! That's my suggestion. Pinstrippers need fingers haha.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:45 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm dynamite stick ????? man i wanna go back in my youth and throw that sucker in the toilets at lanphier high school on the 3rd floor on my way out on the last day before summer break .......................

Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Björn
Elder User
a black widow in the door
scared the hell out of me

Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 PM
iwanaflattie
Fleet Mechanic

yes a tnt i the back of my truck i will detonate it today....dont mess with black widows bjorn

Quick Reply: cool finds