Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Post a Pic of Your Ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 10:54 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can always port and polish heads as well. It's relatively cheap. I almost got some 302 heads done by a guy I know but the block ended up having a hole in it.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Island Time
Laughing Gas

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FordFETruck
I did all the work myself, welded up the trim panel holes. Did the body work as good as I could. Missed one minor dent and the top had some crease dents that I couldn't fully get out. When the tailgate gets lined the crease dents that are barely there anymore will get covered up pretty good. Rust free tailgate though. Paint job isn't perfect on it, but it matches and looks perfect from 15 feet.
Do all tailgates have the embossed FORD in them, even if covered by the skin trim? Mine has the skin over it like yours did before you worked on it and I really don't like the look. I'd rather have the style with the embossed letters.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:54 AM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Island Time
Do all tailgates have the embossed FORD in them, even if covered by the skin trim? Mine has the skin over it like yours did before you worked on it and I really don't like the look. I'd rather have the style with the embossed letters.

I think they all do, regardless of the trim, as they were probably stamped using the same tooling. I could, however, be wrong as Ford was known to do all sorts of odd things. The guy on this site that would definitively know is NumberDummy.......the man is a walking encyclopedia of Ford information and part numbers.

I do know that my truck, Buford, had the embossed tailgate under the aluminum trim, but I still found a new tailgate from Ford still in the box (NOT an easy find). So, I went with the embossed letters myself, as I thought I could make it look good. I wasn't as big a fan of the aluminum trim, so I threw around ideas until I came up with this..........

Old 11-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,549 Likes on 1,417 Posts
My Bronco at work.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:16 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Island Time
Yes, all OEM FORD tailgates have the name embossed in them from this era. From what I can tell, if there's an imperfection in the metal (like mine had a small one) they use that tailgate to put the trim piece over it.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tim Young
My Bronco at work.

A beast doin what she was mean't to do. Sure miss my ole 68. I stuffed a 428 BB in her and, she liked it! Another old upgrade was to swap out the front axle with one from a Jeep grand wagoneer. They were the spicer 44's with limited slip diff's and bolted right in with the correct wheelbase width.
Your's looks like a real sweetheart Tim.
Capt'n

Old 11-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Island Time
Laughing Gas

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Behemoth
I think they all do, regardless of the trim, as they were probably stamped using the same tooling. I could, however, be wrong as Ford was known to do all sorts of odd things. The guy on this site that would definitively know is NumberDummy.......the man is a walking encyclopedia of Ford information and part numbers.

I do know that my truck, Buford, had the embossed tailgate under the aluminum trim, but I still found a new tailgate from Ford still in the box (NOT an easy find). So, I went with the embossed letters myself, as I thought I could make it look good. I wasn't as big a fan of the aluminum trim, so I threw around ideas until I came up with this..........
Yeah, Number Dummy would know. The man is amazing. I really like what you did with your tailgate. I'll have to toss around what to do. I know some people really love the aluminum skin and would pay a premium for it. Maybe I can sell my old tailgate and buy an equal good "less desirable" unskinned one for less.
Originally Posted by FordFETruck
Yes, all OEM FORD tailgates have the name embossed in them from this era. From what I can tell, if there's an imperfection in the metal (like mine had a small one) they use that tailgate to put the trim piece over it.

Thanks for that. Definitely need to decide which way to go. Although that decision is a bit lower on my list as I still need to finish the front clip swap and engine cleanup first. Today didn't cooperate. It was blowing 20+ with a temp in the upper 20's. I gotta get the high bay in the barn cleaned out.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:47 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I saw a picture a while back of a Bronco with one of those embossed tailgates. They cleaned it up sp everything matched, it looked good!

Old 12-08-2014, 11:43 PM
1956f3504x4
Senior User
I'm new here and just finding my way around the forum. I'm in eastern Washington, outside the city of Cheney near Spokane. Hear is a couple pictures of my current ford project.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:14 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Very nice! Welcome to the forum . We have a few people from the Spokane area it seems.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Dang dude! A 4x4 56 dually with a dump bed. NICE!
Welcome to the chapter.
Capt'n

Old 01-15-2015, 03:36 PM
GuardDuck
Junior User
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Thought I'd pop in and say hi and post a pic of my ride...

Old 01-16-2015, 03:54 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hi there GuardDuck! Welcome to the chapter!

Old 02-01-2015, 11:47 AM
ttpfoss
New User
Hello all, here is what I'm working on. She's a real 20 footer with a rattle can job on her and ruff finishes, but it's a solid starter for my 1st resto. Time to learn how to sand, finish, and paint.

Wish I had some chrome.

Pipes were cut, and straight piped back on both sides. Exhaust runs out of the front of both rear wheels. A lot of rumble you can hear canyons away running down the mountains.

Glove box badge

All the gauges need work. I will need to learn how to replace them or mount new cluster below dash since those don't work either.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:02 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good looking truck. Those gauges aren't bad, I've got a couple of those clusters as it's what my 61 Econoline uses.

Quick Reply: Post a Pic of Your Ride!!!