Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Post a Pic of Your Ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 07:53 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I've been jerked around so much in the past years by a few family members it's nuts. Always causing problems. I've pretty much lost all interest in everything except mechanical stuff. The only things I enjoy doing are landscaping/construction work and mechanical repair/restoration. I'm pretty boring I know lol.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:00 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordFETruck
I've been jerked around so much in the past years by a few family members it's nuts. Always causing problems. I've pretty much lost all interest in everything except mechanical stuff. The only things I enjoy doing are landscaping/construction work and mechanical repair/restoration. I'm pretty boring I know lol.
It's not boring, it's more than I do. I work 6 days a week, and at night. When I'm not working I'm usually at home trying to relax a little or finding some new little "hobby" to keep my mind busy. At the same time I also have to keep my own future in mind, try to find something I'm good at and that I like to do to make a career out of it.

Recently I've been working on getting a house, my pre-approval fell through so I can't get a loan to buy a house. That kind of stuff keeps my mind occupied. If I get a house, I'll have a garage, if I have a garage, I'll have space to pull my truck apart and stay dry, warm, whatever. And I'll only be in my own way, not my parents.

It's partly the way I was raised, to think ahead and never be impulsive.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:12 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
It's not boring, it's more than I do. I work 6 days a week, and at night. When I'm not working I'm usually at home trying to relax a little or finding some new little "hobby" to keep my mind busy. At the same time I also have to keep my own future in mind, try to find something I'm good at and that I like to do to make a career out of it.

Recently I've been working on getting a house, my pre-approval fell through so I can't get a loan to buy a house. That kind of stuff keeps my mind occupied. If I get a house, I'll have a garage, if I have a garage, I'll have space to pull my truck apart and stay dry, warm, whatever. And I'll only be in my own way, not my parents.

It's partly the way I was raised, to think ahead and never be impulsive.
I need a job man, I sit around this house most of the time with nothing to do. Work is few and far between, especially in the winter time. Honestly, I don't even know how long I'll be alive. I have a lot of health problems that affect me pretty badly at times. Now I'm starting to sound like weirdo of the month on here

Old 11-19-2014, 11:32 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Everybody is a little weird. Jobs aren't so easy to come by. When you don't have bills and obligations it isn't quite as bad, but once you start getting bills, having a job helps to keep everything together.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Harvey_Dentside
New User
Haha I wish the RV was big enough for an engine. Of course, the 440 powering it is sitting in between the front seats, and you can get to all of it except the dipstick and belts from inside the cab. :P

Old 11-23-2014, 03:01 AM
JC75F250
New User
Here's mine

75 F250 Custom

Old 11-23-2014, 09:00 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's a nice Highboy, what are the details on it? Guessing 360-NP435-NP205 D60 rear and D44 front?

Old 11-23-2014, 09:10 PM
JC75F250
New User
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
That's a nice Highboy, what are the details on it? Guessing 360-NP435-NP205 D60 rear and D44 front?
Thanks! You hit it right on the head of the nail. The engine is the only thing i have to verify for sure. The guy I bought it from said it was a 390 but we all know how that goes come sale day. Records say it came with the 360. It's my dream truck so my plan is to just make a clean and solid, reliable truck. Nothing fancy. I don't want a show truck.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JC75F250
Thanks! You hit it right on the head of the nail. The engine is the only thing i have to verify for sure. The guy I bought it from said it was a 390 but we all know how that goes come sale day. Records say it came with the 360. It's my dream truck so my plan is to just make a clean and solid, reliable truck. Nothing fancy. I don't want a show truck.
Now that's a good ole classic that might get a guy to spend some garage time on this winter. Check the engine casting numbers to varify the motor. Back in the day when I used to race (legally) one of the go fast tricks on the FE 390's to get them to breath was to swap the heads from a 352. Worked good for us and they were readily available back then...cheap! Enjoy yer new toy!
Capt'n

Old 11-23-2014, 10:36 PM
JC75F250
New User
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips
Now that's a good ole classic that might get a guy to spend some garage time on this winter. Check the engine casting numbers to varify the motor. Back in the day when I used to race (legally) one of the go fast tricks on the FE 390's to get them to breath was to swap the heads from a 352. Worked good for us and they were readily available back then...cheap! Enjoy yer new toy!
Capt'n
This is my first real project so I'll be asking and learning a lot. Why heads from a 352?

Old 11-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JC75F250
This is my first real project so I'll be asking and learning a lot. Why heads from a 352?
The 352 truck heads had better flowing ports and bigger valves as I remember. This was back in the 70's when Jesus was just a lil guy.
The FE's where known in racing circles as the Flyin Wedges. I raced Busch class stock cars back then. With the right amount of tweeking you can make one of those motors into a real stump puller.
There's plenty of talent here in FTE if you get stuck on your project. Just give a shout out and one of us will do our best to get ya through it. Bottom line....have fun!!
Capt'n

Old 11-23-2014, 10:54 PM
JC75F250
New User
I'll remember that. Any day in the garage on a project should be fun. Thanks for the info.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:09 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Start a build thread for your truck, this thread isn't intended to be a bs thread but they all kinda end up that way. haha

There is over two dozen sets of heads for FE motors, including multiple sets for 352s, for the most part however the older castings will usually have slightly larger ports but will Always have a smaller combustion chamber=higher CR. But rough porting is super easy and all most heads/motors would ever need.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:13 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
I have a set of C1AE 352 FE heads. They have visually bigger ports than the C8AE's I sold. Same size valves on both, but the C1AE's have a D shaped 76CC combustion chamber vs the C8AE's having a heart shaped 72CC combustion chamber. I CC'd both heads.

For a daily driven/mild performance 352,360 or 390. You'd be better off with the smaller port C8AE's. Higher port velocity is more important than maximum flow and lower port velocity for a daily driver.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Roger C
Senior User
Here's my newest addition 2014 F-350 Lariat

Quick Reply: Post a Pic of Your Ride!!!