Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

January 2011 Chat / All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:34 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Sort of a disappointment here, forecast was for 5-6 inches, we got maybe 1/2" of sleet and then an inch of snow. Just enuff to make a mess. My dog is like WTF is this cold stuff?

Attached Images   
Old 01-10-2011, 09:27 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just in case anyone was interested in the road conditions...according to AHTD:
http://www.arkansashighways.com/road/mapopt.htm
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Guess I get to try those new tires in the snow after all. Too bad it'll be on the way to work and not just playing around in the woods. Got 2-4" up here last night.
Didn't you say you had some extra vacation time to use before the end of the year?

Old 01-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, I won't be due a vacation until May. I plan on splitting it up for our 2 trips to War Eagle this year. That way Lynn doesn't have to put the money she earns back into the house money.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:02 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Sort of a disappointment here, forecast was for 5-6 inches, we got maybe 1/2" of sleet and then an inch of snow. Just enuff to make a mess. My dog is like WTF is this cold stuff?
One of my new phrases I like to use...WTF = Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. The wife made it back from Mena...her "spruce colored" is now several shades of sand and snow. Guess when it finally warms up I'll have to make sure it gets to one of those car washes that does the under carriage (the Pavement Princess has already made one pass through one in Carnage, and will again when it reopens later this week)
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Nah, I won't be due a vacation until May. I plan on splitting it up for our 2 trips to War Eagle this year. That way Lynn doesn't have to put the money she earns back into the house money.
I was being sarcastic...you could have always called in sick. But if your wired like me...you'd rather work than sit around and do nothing.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:44 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
We got around 3 - 3.5" inches here I'd say.

I played hookie today, but tomorrow I'm sure I'll go in to work.

I wonder how icy the roads will be in the morning?

Nice thing about where I live, you can see 67/167 from the back of the property.. so I can kind of gauge how traffic is moving..

Sunday about 6, we were outside when it started to snow and noticed headlights pointed the wrong direction.. like the dog, I think most people around here are thinking the same thing

Old 01-11-2011, 04:55 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
If I'd still been working in Conway, I woulda taken the day. Since it's only 20 miles to Mtn View, I had to try. In the Jeep, trying usually means I'll get there.
Lucky for me I had a couple of jobs that had been waiting parts since last week...at least I had something to do.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:26 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Good morning all.
Time to head back to the grind after a nice snow day off.
Have a safe and wonderful day!

Old 01-11-2011, 08:50 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Dang global warming...17F right now here at the Fort. Could someone get me in touch with Al Gore? Got some internet & global warming questions for him.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Will P.
Senior User
I got to go to work both yesterday and today. I loaded up the short little box on the Supercrew and just trucked on in. There were a bunch of vehicles on the side of the road and several had large dents. I'm glad I made it ok.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:20 AM
jredline1984
Hotshot
Seeing as I have never stopped in here to say hi, I wanted to do so and say good Morning all, have a great hump day!

Originally Posted by zhilton
Dang global warming...17F right now here at the Fort. Could someone get me in touch with Al Gore? Got some internet & global warming questions for him.
I know the feeling, -1* currently.

Originally Posted by Will P.
I got to go to work both yesterday and today. I loaded up the short little box on the Supercrew and just trucked on in. There were a bunch of vehicles on the side of the road and several had large dents. I'm glad I made it ok.
I saw a new Camaro in the ditch and just smiled at the lady who was glaring back as I drove on past. There was a tow truck helping here out, lol

Old 01-13-2011, 05:32 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Good morning all!
Time to rise and shine!
Have a great day and stay warm my friends!

Old 01-14-2011, 02:39 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Afternoon everyone! Took the Pavement Princess to the carwash to get all the crap (magnesium chloride?) off of it...if the undercarriage did as well as the top side...it was worth the $6. Got to work Wednesday morning the truck was showing 3F...there was a slight breeze so I'm sure it was well below 0F. Got to love it.

I don't know how many folks know this...or have purchased OEM parts from him, but Ed (partsguyed Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: partsguyed.com) had a stroke on Wednesday and is in ICU in Seattle. From what has been posted on the different forum threads, he's awake and able to talk some...but how much damage was done is currently unknown (or at least the latest I've read). I don't know Ed personally but I have purchased parts from him in the past, nice guy & great sponsor to FTE.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:41 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Thanks for posting that Zack, I hadn't heard that.

Here's the thread: http:https://www.ford-trucks.com/for...11-13-a.html//

Looks like he's out of the ICU and doing better.

I don't know him personally either, but I've purchased parts from him also and he's been a sponsor for quite some time.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:45 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Well, headed back to the 'Bay this weekend, maybe I can finish the bathroom this time. Last time I was there I got the walls done and ceiling installed, now to built the vanity and trim it all out. Need to take some more pics and update albums
Hey, I'm sorta looking for a F250 4X4, mid '80s to early '90s, preferably diesel. Doesn't have to be running, just complete. Really looking for a beater to take to the river bottoms and keep there, you know, to play in the mud and haul firewood. Prefer a straight front axle, but will consider others.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:36 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Changed the thermostat in my '82 today. The only I pulled out was a 180*. with the cold weather lately, it would only get above 160* AFTER I shut it down. Now that it has a 192* 'stat in it, she runs at 180* without the road sign radiator blocker. Had to turn the heater off while I was driving cause it was about to run me out of there.

I still cant decide what I want to do with my '90 F150. Rebuild it as is (351w/E4oD) & deal with the mileage or hunt down a 3.9 Cummins & manual trans and get 20+ mpg. The problem with the Cummins is the weight which is close to a 460. I could probably find a decent reg. cab long bed F250 that had a 460 or diesel & use the frame but not sure if it will be worth the trouble. I plan to take the 150 all the way down anyway but would a 3/4ton frame be to much for a daily driver with a little hauling.

Quick Reply: January 2011 Chat / All Topic Thread