Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 4.4L Ford Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

4.4L Ford Diesel Discuss the much rumored 4.4L Ford diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Senior User

ganzey is starting off with a positive reputation.
4.5l powerstroke?

i saw this on craigslist and was like wtf? 4.5 v6 powerstroke. didnt know they made it

2006 Ford LCF Power Stroke

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Posting Guru

origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.
Yes its basically 3/4 of a 6.0, used in the little cab over trucks that International and Ford sell.
two EGR valves, forgot to reconnect the wires on the second one at 151,360 miles.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Senior User

ghanson is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ghanson is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I really wanted to drop one into my Expedition and then put an solid axel swap in front but those motors are just way too few and far between. The Ford LCF (Low Cab Forward) was only made for a few years but they made the International version with the same motor for a few years more. I'm not sure what motors they use now, very well could be the same motor since those trucks didn't have to change for emissions as much as the pickups. If I remember correctly their output was something around 220 hp and 440 ft-lb.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Posting Guru

origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanson View Post
I really wanted to drop one into my Expedition and then put an solid axel swap in front but those motors are just way too few and far between. The Ford LCF (Low Cab Forward) was only made for a few years but they made the International version with the same motor for a few years more. I'm not sure what motors they use now, very well could be the same motor since those trucks didn't have to change for emissions as much as the pickups. If I remember correctly their output was something around 220 hp and 440 ft-lb.
The International version was first known as the VT275 and the 2007 emission version was known as the MaxxForce 5. They don't build a 2010 emission standard version of this engine.
two EGR valves, forgot to reconnect the wires on the second one at 151,360 miles.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 4.4L Ford Diesel

Tags
150, 2006, 45, 45l, cab, craigslist, diesel, ford, forward, parts, powerstroke, reviews, swap, v6, vt275