Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Ideas and suggestions for '04 Crew Prerunner

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:34 AM
fordsinair
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ideas and suggestions for '04 Crew Prerunner

My 04' Supercrew is almost paid off. Time to modify. LOL. I've always loved prerunner trucks--ALWAYS. Have been doing lots of research. This will kind of be a Supercrew Raptor like ford just released but without the huge price.

The plan is to have a daily driven truck with prerunner looks. I'd love to go crazy and build a full prerunner but it's not within means for me. I currently use the truck for light towing (car trailer with drag car), drive kids around (they love jumping small hills in the truck), and drive too and from work. However I'll be purchasing a used car this spring to use for daily needs so the truck will become less important.

I plan to put a mild long-travel suspension kit on the front, with fiberglass fenders,and a strong bumper with more clearance and protection. As for the rear....I'm kinda stuck. Since the front will end up wider than stock what should I do on the rear?
(1)Try to find a wrecked in the front Raptor and buy the rearend? <--Big Money
(2)Use an aftermarket custom rearend? <--Again Big Money
(3)Find wheels with less backspacing than stock and hope it doesn't wear parts out?

Anyway I'm just looking for suggestions, ideas, cautions before I have the plans laid out and begin work this summer. Thanx in advance.

Chris