Sponsored by:

$5.00 a gallon

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 09:04 PM
jeronlines
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Old93junk
Not after you start eating that canned survival food!
Is that an AK in your avatar? What happened to buy American???

Old 12-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I do buy American every chance I get!............I just happen to prefer the AK for this choice. It will still be going strong when our trucks are so much scrap metal.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 PM
jeronlines
Senior User
Just giving you a hard time

I have a few Rock River and Bushmaster ARs and a .45 or two in RRA and S&W. The AK is a solid weapon that keeps working when others just quit. Sounds like a truck we all own, too

Old 12-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jeronlines
Just giving you a hard time

I have a few Rock River and Bushmaster ARs and a .45 or two in RRA and S&W. The AK is a solid weapon that keeps working when others just quit. Sounds like a truck we all own, too
I have a Colt HBAR.......Love it! accuracy can't be beat. But if the chips are down, I want a AK.........The punishment and abuse the weapon can take is unbelieveable, the only way to make a AK stop firing is to KILL its owner. Lt Gen. Mikhail Kalashnikov is a mechanical genius.

Communism.......it sure can't build a good car, but it has turned out some top notch guns!

Old 12-30-2010, 10:18 PM
jeronlines
Senior User
Originally Posted by Old93junk
I have a Colt HBAR.......Love it! accuracy can't be beat. But if the chips are down, I want a AK.........The punishment and abuse the weapon can take is unbelieveable, the only way to make a AK stop firing is to KILL its owner. Lt Gen. Mikhail Kalashnikov is a mechanical genius.

Communism.......it sure can't build a good car, but it has turned out some top notch guns!
Wow, we went from $5.00 a gallon fuel to firearms. Full circle in less than 24 hrs. Stewart brought in the TP, too.

B-Uno is gonna fix us all up! Hope my buddy has his cabin in Glennallen ready for me! Walock and LRSTony want to run from the crazies and well, who can blame them.

Best part- we're all still family ready to lend a hand. Regardless of where we sit. I hope.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Wow, we went from $5.00 a gallon fuel to firearms. Full circle in less than 24 hrs. Stewart brought in the TP, too.

B-Uno is gonna fix us all up! Hope my buddy has his cabin in Glennallen ready for me! Walock and LRSTony want to run from the crazies and well, who can blame them.

Best part- we're all still family ready to lend a hand. Regardless of where we sit. I hope.
$5.00 gas will bring out the firearms like poo brings flies!

Old 12-31-2010, 12:19 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
Better watch it, Stewart...looks like Ray's comin' down from Alaska to shoot you and take your toilet paper

I still have my body armor and weapons.

That's because this thread is so full of win!

Stewart

Old 12-31-2010, 12:52 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
how many peoples fingers here are typing on a non-american computer saying they are buying american? mine sure are, im sure this acer has most its parts if not all from other countrys.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:42 AM
soutthpaw
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What happened? China & India became industrial nations and need fuel to build. We (USA) are quickly becoming irrelevant and need to get used to that or do something about it.
Simple solution but the powers that be don't want to change the status quo http://www.pickensplan.com/ the government needs to fund the building of the infrastructure... as the saying goes, build it and they will come. CNG is under $2 a gallon here in CO but there are only about 10 stations statewide that sell it and you gotta have a cleanfuels card account! If we swithched over to using 100% domestic CNG we would quickly become the most powerful nation in the world again as we would stop giving all our money to hostile countries and regimes that want to destroy the USA having owned several CNG vehicles I am a big supporter of his plan. Pilot truck stops is building CNG refuling stations at its facilitys across the US finally... Plus oil changes every 25K miles due to no biproducts of combustion will save us from buying a bunch more oil. when u change the oil it comes out looking as clean as the day you put it in....

Old 12-31-2010, 10:33 AM
jh818
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
The problem with more fuel efficient vehicles is that the gov't won't be able to collect as much tax revenue from the sale of gasoline. I recalled here in CA, the state legislators wanted to install mileage meters on cars like what they have on semi's and tax you on miles driven. This then defeats the push for efficient cars.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:33 AM
LaxPlaya21
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of the hybrids and these electric cars make me sick! The battery in the prius causes more damage to the environment than our huge trucks. And this chevy volt? Are they serious? People think, wow it's running on electricity! Well take a look at your electric bill after you start plugging that stupid thing in.
Hydrogen is the future. The government needs to find a way to rape us before they let us have it. Its like ethanol, all these ridiculous subsidies for farmers to grow wheat for use as a fuel that has no future... It makes me sick. Hmm food r fuel? I prefer to eat more than I do drive my car or truck.

Lastly, buying american is difficult these days. Honestly I could care less about trying to buy American. Bottom line is, you can buy a German car that will have employed more Americans than buying a F250. So don't feel guilty about that. We live in a world economy now. And without heavily taxing china on the imports we get from them, they are going to continue to destroy America. How can we compete on an uneven playing field? Actually, we aren't even in the same game. It really is a scary time for America... But we are a strong resilient people, and nothing will keep us down!!!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:11 AM
2FordTrucks
Senior User
Actually at 120v it will cost you $1.50 a day. At 240v it will cost you $1.52 a day. What is sickning about it is the 325 mile combined range. Couple that with compact car immenities and the $40k sticker it is just not a good choice. I know about all the tax credits and deductions but still, $40 for a compact car is not going to sell well. The Nissan Leaf is the biggest waste. A 81 mile range and it goes down from there if you use any options. Just cant see where this is cost effective.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:21 AM
jeronlines
Senior User
Originally Posted by soutthpaw
Simple solution but the powers that be don't want to change the status quo http://www.pickensplan.com/ the government needs to fund the building of the infrastructure... as the saying goes, build it and they will come. CNG is under $2 a gallon here in CO but there are only about 10 stations statewide that sell it and you gotta have a cleanfuels card account! If we swithched over to using 100% domestic CNG we would quickly become the most powerful nation in the world again as we would stop giving all our money to hostile countries and regimes that want to destroy the USA having owned several CNG vehicles I am a big supporter of his plan. Pilot truck stops is building CNG refuling stations at its facilitys across the US finally... Plus oil changes every 25K miles due to no biproducts of combustion will save us from buying a bunch more oil. when u change the oil it comes out looking as clean as the day you put it in....
I'm a big believer in T. Boone. He is a visionary with the background give it credibility. I hope he will be able to influence others to the changes we need to remain a SUPER power.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:32 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I have always been a supporter of CNG vehicles...many households already have natural gas in their homes and with the purchase of a natural gas compressor you can refill your vehicle over night at home.

2 problems I see though.

1) Road trips...where do you refill?...although this is the same issue with all electric vehicles
2) How does the government tax you when you fill up at home???...they won't let that happen by not collecting "road use taxes" at the pump!!!

I believe the government is part of the issue why CNG vehicles haven't taken off...I am NOT a conspiracy theorist either...I just believe we CAN switch over our vehicles to CNG much easier than folks are saying. And WHY does it cost ~$7000 to buy a CNG car from a manufacturer???come on...really?...the price of admission is what is holding this back...there should be government subsidies to ENCOURAGE people to switch not added costs...

If I could switch over to CNG for my local cars that stay local 90% of the time...man I would do that in a heartbeat...

Just my $0.02...

Joe.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:41 AM
Kalve
Posting Guru
the gas prices will never go that high it would destroy the US economy an but tons of business out of business. An think how many would steal gas from other vehicles an pump an then drive off. remember the headache it was when it hit $4 if it hit $5 they would let you have only so much gas at a time it would be like the gas shortage back in the 70's. It is just bs it won't go that high but some people are going to believe it an take avantage of it.

Quick Reply: $5.00 a gallon