Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Senior User

RPARKER559 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Another thing to consider is your Insurance company or the other guys insurance company, if in a wreck and they find that the ABS had been turned off.. That would not ba a good situation for you ....
Old 07-29-2014, 12:34 AM
New User

badass6.7rollcoal is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a theory that may work there is a control valve and modulator valve you can buy w/o traction control and with trailer sway control if you pull out your stock CV/MV you may have the ability to have tcs off full time, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I plan on doing this to my truck on the near future and don't want it to be wrecked
Old 07-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Elder User

FORDTUF1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Why?

"Why do you think these safety devices have anything to do with people's driving ability?"
Logic and common sense, remember the Ford Exploder. Lititgation in the US is out of control and always blame the device and not the individual. Then manufaturers put in more saftety devices to protect the consumer from bad results of doing something stupid; therefore, they are more protected in a lawsuit. I work at an OEM and we go through this, making it idiot proof.

"More importantly, what makes you think you can do better than a computer that monitors wheel velocities hundreds of times each second and has independent control of each wheel's brake system?"
I may not KNOW that I can do better than monitoring each wheel velocity hundreds of times a second, but my brain thinks and processes thousands of times a second. You may read my post and say, what an *** and braggard, but I've lived my life you haven't. I grew up racing since I was 5, everything there was with wheels I did it. I can count on no hands how many times I have gotten out of control and caused anyone else (or myself) on the street to be concerned.

Off the street in practice/testing I have searched for my limits of each vehicle and I have found them, which engineers and programmers do as well, and BTW "I are one".

Like it or not, no matter how well you drive, traction control, ABS, and stability control can do a LOT of things that you as a driver are incapable. Can you brake the outside wheels in an understeer condition to keep the truck on the road? What about pulsing the brakes on a spinning wheel to transfer power to the one that grips? Can you lock the outside wheels in a skid to avoid a rollover?

When I have the individual wheel control device(s), why yes I have. I also do what a computer can't do, look ahead when skidding/sliding at the upcoming terrain and make appropriate changes before hitting that section of road/trail/track/water.

Can you do all these tasks even when you don't expect the situation?
See above.

Such as unforseen black ice or possibly someone pulling out in front of you in wet weather?

Uhh, computers in cars don't know to expect ice on the road that you can't see at night. I have never seen black ice, I expect that it comes from somewhere where the rain is black, not the clear water that falls from the sky around me.

Cars can't yet sense a car that is about to pull out in front of you on a wet road. I can because I watch for them.

Are you SERIOUS? On the same public roads you and I drive on? Same roads MY wife and kids drive on? With an 8,000 lb truck?

If you have that little regard for other people's safety, you should take a hard look at your priorities.
I am very, very serious in just about everything I do.
My priorities are God, Family then money; in that order. Get a grip there Mr Moderator, it's a phrase thats said often as it relates to stupid people. No I don't want anyone to be hurt by the acts of others, but it happens. I wish we could let the stupid people take care of themselves, like bikers wearing no helmets, I can never figure that one out .... I wear a helmet in cars/trucks.

:-
hijacked
07 Wildcat 36' 5'er ~ 11,000 lb house on wheels
Old 07-29-2014, 08:39 AM
Posting Guru

RigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud of
Mitch Thornhill RigTrash601
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDTUF1 View Post
You can not turn OFF TCS, you can only deactivate it at speeds below 35 I think it is, then the computer automatically reactivates it. The only time it is OFF is when you engage 4x4.

I would like to enjoy the fun of playing in 2wd a bit, I'm 47 but 21 at heart. But I can drive and take care of a 60K truck too believe me. It just aggravates me that the stupid people ruin it for the rest of us.
Not sure on the 250, I'm still learning it, but the 2011 F150 that I had you could press and hold the TCS until the TCS light flashed in the instrument cluster and it was completely defeated until you reactivated it. Might try that, but on the F150, it would get sideways pretty fast, even on dry pavement, you had to watch it.
2013 Range Rover Sport HSE LUX, Fuji White (Wife's)
Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Posting Guru

RigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by porthole View Post
TCS - ABS

Add up to additional discounts on my insurance. Must be a reason, and it is not because the herd needs trimming
Just like we have emissions standards, we have safety standards in the auto industry, hell in every industry that is regulated. A lot of the electronic "nannies" in vehicles are reactions by the auto industry, not trying to eliminate the human factor, but to improve the results of loss of control situations. I never really think about the safety systems too much. As stated in an earlier post, I would defeat the TCS, but usually at the local track, the truck definitely needed it in real world situations. Especially on a wet road, you couldn't hardly take off at red light in the rain, it would just want to spin.
I can see where it can be annoying at times, but for the most part, I don't think too much about it.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Elder User

Iowa Ford is a splendid one to beholdIowa Ford is a splendid one to beholdIowa Ford is a splendid one to beholdIowa Ford is a splendid one to beholdIowa Ford is a splendid one to beholdIowa Ford is a splendid one to beholdIowa Ford is a splendid one to beholdIowa Ford is a splendid one to behold
Thanks, badass6.7roallcoal for digging this up.
Some good reading and interesting views shared.
My .02 ...... I only turn it off when I want to have fun !!! and I am almost 50 like Ford tuff 1 !!! LOL
14-Escape 1.6 Eco Wife's car
07- Five Hundred Daughter's car
Old 07-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Elder User

FORDTUF1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigTrash601 View Post
Not sure on the 250, I'm still learning it, but the 2011 F150 that I had you could press and hold the TCS until the TCS light flashed in the instrument cluster and it was completely defeated until you reactivated it. Might try that, but on the F150, it would get sideways pretty fast, even on dry pavement, you had to watch it.
When I got my truck I read the manual through 2 times completely, then went back to the diesel particulars as this is my first. Maybe I missed it but I can't recall ever seeing that, but I will try it as soon as I leave work today.
07 Wildcat 36' 5'er ~ 11,000 lb house on wheels
Old 07-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDTUF1 View Post
When I got my truck I read the manual through 2 times completely, then went back to the diesel particulars as this is my first. Maybe I missed it but I can't recall ever seeing that, but I will try it as soon as I leave work today.
I haven't messed around with this truck too much, pressing and holding the TCS button would defeat it on the 150.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:25 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
ba, config, control, e350, explorer, f250, ford, relay, remove, rickx, shut, tcs, timer, traction, truck, turn