1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

another off topic thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:47 PM
chicagodragon
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another off topic thread.

just came from wal-mart witch was alot of fun being this close to christmas. anyway... why do they only have 5 cashiers working when 1,500 people are trying to check out? the 20min i waited in line, i saw 4 people push there carts to the side and leave. the woman behind me in line said she rather go down the street to the sporting goods store and pay more,than wait in this mess. got any good complaints? please post them up... this could be funny

Old 12-22-2010, 11:09 PM
jg96powerstroker
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chicagodragon
just came from wal-mart witch was alot of fun being this close to christmas. anyway... why do they only have 5 cashiers working when 1,500 people are trying to check out? the 20min i waited in line, i saw 4 people push there carts to the side and leave. the woman behind me in line said she rather go down the street to the sporting goods store and pay more,than wait in this mess. got any good complaints? please post them up... this could be funny
dude! i thought it was just here!!!! 50 teller stations but lets open 5 of them!!! i was in line was about to put stuff down and she told me she was closed i was pissed and a mansger came i had to leave i told wallmart where they could stick it!!!! yjen was in trouble for getting the wrong formula for the baby!!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 PM
chicagodragon
Postmaster

that double sucks!

Old 12-22-2010, 11:23 PM
jg96powerstroker
Posting Guru

that double sucks!
have you ever thought are wifes send us there so we wont come back??? they can go ther for hours, i wanna leave as soon as we park! really what do they do there for so long???

Old 12-22-2010, 11:28 PM
chicagodragon
Postmaster

i dont know, but it cost $100 an hour

Old 12-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Muktown
Posting Guru
The ones by me have way to few tellers and they want you to use the self checkouts. First of all I didn't go shopping to bag my own crap then if you don't bag it fast enough or the way it wants you to it yells at you then you need to wait for the chicks flapping their gums about who's dating who at walmart to come over and type in a code just to have it lock up again 2 minutes later. My fist almost went right through the touch screen

Old 12-23-2010, 01:01 AM
YoungFordAddict66
Posting Guru
ok im not married but i feel exactly the same way when my gf drags me to the mall and ik have to park on the roof because the beast doesnt fit into those regular midget spots, and then i fell like jumping off the 3rd level everytime she says "lets go into this store" for the billionth time. but i usually get her back buy going to the parts store or the local 4X4 shop where i just droul for hrs lol.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:25 AM
redman84
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude my absolute biggest peeve about any store like that is going in, waiting in the described lines, and getting behind the lady who is writing a check. Not just writing one but the lady who has been in line for 6 hours, gets her $1400 of crap rang up, and THEN starts digging in her feed sack for the check book. WTF lady!?! If you know you'll be writing a check then at least get it out and if you wanna be real scientific about it you could even write the date and store name on it too but that may be pushing it. That drives me f n bananas.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:27 AM
chicagodragon
Postmaster

i dont know about up there, but our wal-mart sells beer. only one line is allowed to check out beer because the cashiers have to be "certified" to sell it. dont even try it on the self checkout

Old 12-23-2010, 01:29 AM
chicagodragon
Postmaster

Originally Posted by redman84
Dude my absolute biggest peeve about any store like that is going in, waiting in the described lines, and getting behind the lady who is writing a check. Not just writing one but the lady who has been in line for 6 hours, gets her $1400 of crap rang up, and THEN starts digging in her feed sack for the check book. WTF lady!?! If you know you'll be writing a check then at least get it out and if you wanna be real scientific about it you could even write the date and store name on it too but that may be pushing it. That drives me f n bananas.
i actually yelled at someone for that. couldnt have filled it out first? you know where you are!

Old 12-23-2010, 07:08 AM
jg96powerstroker
Posting Guru

i actually yelled at someone for that. couldnt have filled it out first? you know where you are!
dude you guys are all so right on!!! then just when you think you no where every thing is and can be in in and out, they go and move the store around!!!! i no what you mean on beer we have a lane just one for smokes, and they took out self check lanes!!!! i liked them could go get dipers or baby stuff and be out!!! like to weeks ago went at like 1230 on sunday went and got some beer and snacks for the cheifs game. was in line for no lie hour 15 min!!! the line was back buy the tv display so watched the game and said what the hell drank a few beers and ate some summer sauage and chips! was a good time needed a lawn chair. lol you should have sen the look i got from teller lady! lol i guess she thought i didnt want the stuff now. lol

Old 12-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by redman84
When anyone goes for a check book it drives me nuts!!! It's almost 2011! Get a damn credit or bank card...... Even cash is better! (as long as they don't dig around in that bottomless pit for a penny, that's almost as bad as a check)

Old 12-23-2010, 07:21 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Here's a little hint to keep your blood pressure down and live longer. If the lines are that long with only a couple of tellers open, just set your stuff down and leave, or better yet, start shopping somewhere else.

But since we're complaining, I refuse to use the self check out things. I don't mind waiting in line a few minutes. I've been in line a few times and had someone tell me the self check out is open. I just politely tell them I don't use those. I've had a couple say they would check me out in the self check out lanes. They scanned the items and then left me to deal with that machine screaming at me about selecting payment type and whatever else it was complaining about. I just left the stuff in the bag and walked out.

And now that you've got me started, lets talk about when you try and hand your card to the cashier and you just get that look and they point to the little machine you swipe the card yourself? So I swipe the card, put it back in my wallet and put the wallet back in my pocket and get ready to sign the screen when it's ready and what do they say then?

"Can I see your credit card?" I give them my own look and tell them all the same thing. Why didn't you take it when I tried to hand it to you? What's the purpose of me swiping my own card if I have to give it to you anyway? I'm always polite about it, but it pisses me off. None of them have an answer. They just say the computer tells them when to ask to see a card. Just a bunch of mindless minions in front of their little screen. Perhaps George Orwell was on to something.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Muktown
Posting Guru
Haha Chris the funny thing is one time I bought a new cell phone and got one of those 100$ rebate cards back but it was under my dads name so I hand it to the cashier and she says I need to sign it so I do and then she still looks at the signature and says do you have another card I can compare it to I almost burst out laughing of course its my sig you just watched me sign it! So I give her another card and of course they match and the whole time she never checked the name on the front to the sig on the back and didn't notice they were completely different lol how's that for fraud protection

Old 12-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Ken_C
Elder User
I dont shop at that anti union scabby rat hole. they treat their employees like crap. theres one every 5 miles around here too. they do not get one red cent from me. my wife is forbidden from even driving on to the parking lot.