Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks > 1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody 1961, 1962 and 1963 Ford F100 Unibody trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2010, 09:54 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Just in case.....

Anybody was wondering why I wanted to mod this forum.........

It's my love for ALL the older Ford pickups. I have Fords from 1935 through 1997, but my first love is the trucks from 1960-1972.

Here are some pictures of my sons 61 unibody that we have spent the better part of the last 4 years working on. The body will get finished this summer and it should be running by this coming fall.

Click the image to open in full size.

The frame was sandblasted, and from the front cab mounts forward the frame was boxed and molded.

All the holes in the frame that weren't being used where filled in.

The engine is a 292 with a 312 crank with the mains turned down to fit the 292 block, bored .010 over with an Isky cam and tri-power manifold.

I sure love these old trucks!

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 12-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
SWEET BEARD DON! and the truck frame is nice too!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Postmaster

seventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to all
I've seen a lot of frames on this site, but that beard caught my eye first as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklnhyd View Post
Holy hell, its not even 9am and you folks are gonna drive me to drink....
Old 12-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Senior User

patmedic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks like a great foundation for a awesome truck. Great job.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Elder User

dman2008 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very nice, yellow is cool. I just learned that the dizzy is at the back like a chebby, don't know much about 292 or 312's but find it interesting. Also beard caught me too I had trouble looking away.lol You could hide a ham and cheese sandwich in that thing.lol

D

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/79...rame-swap.html

1964 F100 466 Holley Terminator EFI 4R70W 3.50 detroit locker = SLICK64

Last edited by dman2008; 12-21-2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Postmaster

first today has a brilliant futurefirst today has a brilliant futurefirst today has a brilliant futurefirst today has a brilliant futurefirst today has a brilliant futurefirst today has a brilliant futurefirst today has a brilliant futurefirst today has a brilliant futurefirst today has a brilliant futurefirst today has a brilliant futurefirst today has a brilliant future
Lots of work in that frame.

The beard reminds me of the family guy episode.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:38 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Thanks guys! I can't take credit for the beard tho.........that's my son Harley....lol

Old 12-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Senior User

SixtySix Ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
KenworthW900
Ive seen those pics before on a mustang forum I believe....

66 Ford F100 - Project SickUp
Old 12-22-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtySix Ford View Post
Ive seen those pics before on a mustang forum I believe....
Only if they were stolen off FTE. I did post some of the same pics in the Oregon Chapter.........

Old 12-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Don, does your son have monoleafs on the front?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:46 PM

Front and rear Bill. Lowered it about 3" and made the ride much smoother......

Old 12-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Senior User

SixtySix Ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
KenworthW900
I will have to see if I can find the thread....I believe whoever it was said they were gonna turbo it too....

66 Ford F100 - Project SickUp
Old 12-22-2010, 01:48 PM

I would love to see that thread. I built this engine myself and it's setting in my shed now waiting for spring.....

Here's a link to my Photobucket acc with more pics..... http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...delux/unibody/

Old 12-22-2010, 03:36 PM
New User

jedambrose is starting off with a positive reputation.
Monoleafs?? I have been told those are bad news. When they fail that is. Thoughts??
Old 12-22-2010, 03:43 PM

This is the 3rd set we've used and never had a problem. I sold a 62 F100 with them on it 5 or 6 years ago and the guy is still driving on them.......

They might be a problem if the truck is used heavily, but we've only used them on 1/2 ton street trucks........

Old 12-22-2010, 03:43 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks > 1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody