Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Senior User

pjnadon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Testing ABS wheel Sensor ABS Light on

Does anyone know where to start checking the harness to my ABS wheel sensor. I changed my unit bearing a month ago Started with left side one week .had no problems The next week I changed the right side from then on my abs light stays on A/E says c1145Speed sensor RF input circuit failure. I have tried using my other sensors from the old unit bearings but it doesnt help
2006 F350 SRW Crew cab Lariat 4X4 Short box 2002 F350 Dually Crew Cab Lariat 4X4 MODS 6637, 285/75R16 BFG A/T TA KO,2"-thick hub-centric and wheel-centric 8-lug in-between dually spacer Cant afford the rest yet
My MPG
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/pjnadon/f350-super-duty-2
Old 12-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Postmaster

woodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud of
You can disconnect the sensor wire and do a continuity check at the ABS module. That will at least tell you the wires are good. If it worked before I would think it isn't damaged.

Click the image to open in full size.

2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Website, HD4R100 , T-500, Melling LPOP, Gen-2 FRx, Bellowed Up-Pipes, Riffraff OCR, , Braided Brake Lines, CAC Boots & Billet Plenums, Aeroforce Scangauge, 4" Diamond Eye, Powerslots, Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, AE, KCM S.S. HPX, S&B Filters intake, Quad pod w/ISSPRO EV2's, Big Head , 6.0L Trans Cooler,
Old 12-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Senior User

Ok I will try that is the ABS Module under the dash? It worked up until I unpluged the the sensor to change the unt bearing I dont Know if I broke a wire when I unpuged it or if the wheel sensor in the new unit bearing was no good
2006 F350 SRW Crew cab Lariat 4X4 Short box 2002 F350 Dually Crew Cab Lariat 4X4 MODS 6637, 285/75R16 BFG A/T TA KO,2"-thick hub-centric and wheel-centric 8-lug in-between dually spacer Cant afford the rest yet
My MPG
Old 12-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Postmaster

woodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud ofwoodnthings has much to be proud of
I would start by looking at the connector pins at the sensor, you may have pushed one back in the truck side connector.

2002 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Website, HD4R100 , T-500, Melling LPOP, Gen-2 FRx, Bellowed Up-Pipes, Riffraff OCR, , Braided Brake Lines, CAC Boots & Billet Plenums, Aeroforce Scangauge, 4" Diamond Eye, Powerslots, Ported Compressor Housing, DP Tuner-F6, AE, KCM S.S. HPX, S&B Filters intake, Quad pod w/ISSPRO EV2's, Big Head , 6.0L Trans Cooler,
Old 12-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Senior User

I checked that I even removed the pins from the connector and pluged them in directly to the sensor
My MPG
Old 12-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Support FTE

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Did you ohm out each sensor to see how they compare?
Old 12-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD View Post
Did you ohm out each sensor to see how they compare?
No not yet I have to get a meter tomorrow
My MPG
Old 12-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Postmaster

There may also be a chance that the new unit bearing is somehow defective and the trigger is not correct. You may want to pull the sensor out and try to look in the hole. If you have the old one still you can compare what you see.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Buy American

c125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputation
Check the wires under the wheel wells carefully. I had a "bad" place on a wire that was in a hard to see place. Actually, something had nicked it and it was about in 2 pieces. Spliced the wire and was back in business. I hope yours is something simple like that. Good luck and keep us posted.
4" Exhaust no Muffler, AIS Stage 1 Intake, Trans cooler
Member - Roadside Help Network http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/7pt3/Mods.html

Last edited by c125bob; 12-18-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Senior User

Ok thanxs Guys I figured it out The sensor in the new unit bearing was no good. I used my new meter and OHM the sensor and got nothing so I used one of my old sensor and it all works now. Now I guess on to beating out Ball joints.
My MPG
Old 12-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Postmaster

Good deal! Glad you got it figured out.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Just one year at a time..

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnadon View Post
Ok thanxs Guys I figured it out The sensor in the new unit bearing was no good. I used my new meter and OHM the sensor and got nothing so I used one of my old sensor and it all works now. Now I guess on to beating out Ball joints.
In Post #1 you indicated that you had already tried the sensors from your old hubs, and that it didn't give you different results.

What happened this time to cause one of them to work?

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 12-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Senior User

When i tried the old sensors they where in the old unit bearings I pluged it into the truck then spun the bearings as fast as I could which didnt reset the abs light. It wasnt untill i checked the sensor with a multi meter on the lowest AC voltage setting there was a rise and fall in voltage generated by the sensor when the bearing is spun rapidly on the old one and not the new one and when I checked for ressitance the new on showed 0 and the old sensor gave me a reading. so I removed the sensor from the new unit bearing and replaced it with the used one put it all back toghter and went for a drive the abs light stayed on untill I got to a certain speed then it went out. I guess when I was spining the bearing by hand it wasnt fast enough to reset the abs light.
My MPG
Old 12-19-2010, 11:58 AM