Notices

have you read the new petersons mag yet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 10:13 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
have you read the new petersons mag yet!!!

OK i got the new Peterson's mag in the mail yesterday and it was truck of the year one or whatever. so they had the new raptor witht he 6.2 and they degraded it by saying that in desert whoops the rear end bounced too much? r u fing serious Peterson's! and then they said driving down the road it has too loud of an exhaust and is annoying! Ive heard a new 6.2 raptor drive by and they r no where near loud, and bumpy in whoops thats what the dam truck is designed for. anyway they gave the win to some piece of crap two inch off the ground Lexus SUV!! all in all this is the season i dropped them and buy this ford truck mag i found in walmart last month.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:47 PM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must really be mad. They named the Rover the truck of the year, not the Lexus. Still a joke no less!

Old 12-16-2010, 04:16 PM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I was a little surprised at their choices. First, the Lexus threw me off. My 72 year old step-father drives one and I honestly don't care to read about it in an off road mag. The Range Rover, again a $62,000 hunk of luxury crap. Then the new Jeep Grand Cherokee junker... against a Ford Raptor? And who wins? Huh??? WTF???? They used to be a good mag back in the day, but they seem be continuing in a downward spiral of crap 4x4 reviews.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:40 PM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
Agreed! I suppose next year a crossover will win it!

Old 12-17-2010, 08:50 PM
dougc
Senior User
Top Gear thinks the Raptor is the best use of $40+k ever. Who cares what Peterson's thinks...I wish teh four door would hit the dealers here in San Antonio.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:37 PM
TheBlueMule
Senior User
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
OK i got the new Peterson's mag in the mail yesterday and it was truck of the year one or whatever. so they had the new raptor witht he 6.2 and they degraded it by saying that in desert whoops the rear end bounced too much? r u fing serious Peterson's! and then they said driving down the road it has too loud of an exhaust and is annoying! Ive heard a new 6.2 raptor drive by and they r no where near loud, and bumpy in whoops thats what the dam truck is designed for. anyway they gave the win to some piece of crap two inch off the ground Lexus SUV!! all in all this is the season i dropped them and buy this ford truck mag i found in walmart last month.
what ford truck magazine in wal mart?! whats it called?

Old 12-19-2010, 10:20 AM
dougc
Senior User
Old 12-22-2010, 08:59 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
bluemule its simple called ford truck mag i believe. ill double check when i get home tonight and post the correct title if im wrong

Old 12-23-2010, 06:00 PM
kennethpina
Freshman User
I swear that magazine does it just to **** people off. Its supposed to be a offroad magazine but the rank on road drivability more than its offroad abilitys. Every year there are endless people ripping them in the editorial section and they just laugh.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:19 AM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
x2........

Old 12-24-2010, 12:34 AM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Most of the off road mags I read seem that way these days. People are begging for better tech articles and instead they slap another lift kit on another random 4x4. It's all about pushing products these days. Hardly any home brewed tech or DIY articles, just go buy this and if you don't have $1200 to spend on it, oh well. Quality tech articles are few and far between. I have mags from the 90's that I STILL use today for research and information. I just can't see these past few years of Peterson's being that useful in the future.

Peterson's isn't the only mag guilty of being @ssh*les tho. Some guy just wrote to Four Wheeler hoping they'd do some diesel tech articles so more guys could learn about them. I think a lot of folks would of been interested in reading about some diesel trail rigs and learning more... but no, they inform him there are diesel magazines for that. WTF? I hate to tell FW, but there are Jeep mags out there and yet they're doing a two magazine series on the history of Jeep? How does their statement to this guy make sense? It really amazes me that they can't understand why their readership has gone down.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^I agree.

Awhile back my Grandpa brought me 7 or 8 old issues of offroad magazines, including Petersen's, Four Wheeler, etc. All of them ranged in date from 1974-1983. It took me 7 days to read them all, because they were all nearly full with tech. With the new off road magazines, I can finish one in a couple hours. It's sad.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:49 PM
radzer0
Elder User
And the winner is, the person who pays the magazine the most!...

Old 12-29-2010, 01:03 AM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Agreed. Re-read this issue again. I have so many problems with it. If you check out the reader's rides and even the employee rides, they don't mesh with the 4x4 shoot out (minus the Raptor). I doubt many folks are reaching for this mag to research their brand new Lexus off road rig. Ugh, ugh, ugh... why do I subscribe? And I just renewed my sub for ANOTHER 2 years? Here's hoping for some better content soon.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Pkupman82
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah I read it too, I was pretty discusted with the whole thing. P4WOR seems really biased to me, I seems like all I have seen in their mags lately is GM LS motor powered Jeeps and older Dodge Power Wagons (also GM powered) What next a F___ng GM powered Early Bronco?! They never seem to have anything good to say about Ford either. I got this months issue in the mail just yesterday, they had an article on the history of the Ford Bronco. I was all excited to read it, it started out good until they got into the 80-96 era then it was nothing but bashing the TTB frontend and basically saying they are an okay wheeler platform. I was pissed, I have been thinking about writing to "nuts and bolts" and sending them a comment on it.

Quick Reply: have you read the new petersons mag yet!!!