6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Motor Trend Truck of the year joke

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 01:55 PM
hammerhead90
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Motor Trend Truck of the year joke

Maybe it's just me, but this has to ba a joke. Listening to them list the pros and cons of both trucks seemed pretty 1 sided. Not to mention all they did was test how fast the trucks were.

YouTube - Chevrolet Silverado HD Wins 2011 Motor Trend Truck of the Year

YouTube - Judging the 2011 Motor Trend Truck of the Year

Old 12-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Adobe 11SD
Senior User
I suspect that I am in the minority, but WHO CARES???

Old 12-11-2010, 02:13 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,447 Likes on 893 Posts
There was six catagories tested... Like it or not! It's your choice when it comes time to make your purchase!

Old 12-11-2010, 02:13 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't....I have never bought their magazine and only casually paged through it at times in a doctors office. Maybe they are trying to drum up some sales to help keep GM on the road to recovery

Old 12-11-2010, 02:24 PM
nobrandx
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What ever!!!, I'll just keep on towing gm's out of snow and mud!!

Old 12-11-2010, 02:36 PM
FishOnOne
Lead Driver
Received 1,447 Likes on 893 Posts
Originally Posted by rickatic
I don't....I have never bought their magazine and only casually paged through it at times in a doctors office. Maybe they are trying to drum up some sales to help keep GM on the road to recovery
Another thing I can assure everyone... I would never go to anyone of those Motor Trend folks sitting around that table and ask them their opinion about a truck. They look more qualified to recommend a Yugo.

On the other hand GM re-engineered their frame/suspension to compete with the Ford and the Duramax is never to be understated that I can assure you.

But at the end of the day these GM trucks look too much like a turd to make me want to purchase one!

Old 12-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow! Tons of hating going on in here!

Old 12-11-2010, 03:52 PM
BRUTUSIII
Junior User
You know, I married into a Chevy family, and before I bought my '11 F350 , I drove a Chevy and honestly evaluated it. I was not very happy with my '10 6.4 and thought I should look around some. Chevy brings a lot to the table, and it was a very nice truck. Their independant front suspension does handle the big bumps better, and the truck did feel like it had some power.
That being said, the Ford's interior was tons better, and as I am always towing, I liked the powered mirrors. The sync system blows chevy away, and the interior is alot nicer in general.

Oh well, who cares what MT says, I like my Ford
In the video above, they didnt seem to like the look of the Ford, and although I think the Chevy looks good, it does not look nearly as nice as the Ford (although I am not crazy about the new front grille). The ford also brought numerous other small things to the table that was not available in the Chevy.
I would be interested to see the numbers, because I thought the Ford was much more peppy than the the Chev.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:56 PM
lexustbs
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The thing about people reviewing stuff is, its their idea of a good truck. I might think the best toilet paper is hands down is Sams brand, but Sgt93 might like the lotion laced Quilted Morthern. What each person needs to do is go down to their local Ford dealer, drive the Super Duty, then go to their local Chevy dealer, and drive the HD. Which ever one you like, spend your money. I don't care if President Obama endorsed the Chevy (I did not vote for him), I'd still go for the Ford F-250 Super Duty.

Also, did anybody notice on the second video that the F-250 was the gas 6.2 motor and not the 6.7? Did they test the Chevy with a gas too?

Old 12-11-2010, 04:08 PM
hammerhead90
Elder User
Taking a few days to review a couple trucks realyy isn't enough. I think to really see which is better, they'd have to have them long term, and keep regular maintenance up on both. As well as do some real work with them, and not race down a track with some weights in the bed

Old 12-11-2010, 04:41 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Here's my conspiracy theory. Motor Trend is owned by Source Interlink Companies (own MANY magazines). In 2009 Citigroup acquired an 80% ownership stake in SIC....and who bailed out Citi when the crap hit the fan? The Feds...who also own GM. ITS AN INSIDE JOB!

Also, has anyone heard about the gov selling a big chunk of GM to a Chinese manufacturing conglomerate (separate from the Hummer deal).

Old 12-11-2010, 04:45 PM
rdenis
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope, not gonna bother....

Old 12-11-2010, 06:10 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yup, the Chevy might be a great truck but I like my F250 and have no reason to look around anymore. Kinda like being happily married, just another thing that I don't have to think about 'cause everything is fine in my little world.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:40 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rdenis
Nope, not gonna bother....
LOL, I tried my best to push the sarcasm through, but it is hard to do in text. (this was suppose to be attached to the end of the post...not sure what went on there)

Old 12-11-2010, 07:17 PM
2kmelat
Junior User
I never even look at mt. If there were a heavy duty truck from Toyota or nissan I bet they would have one. they do it all the time, just listen to the guy

Quick Reply: Motor Trend Truck of the year joke