Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Senior User

Justin's Green Truck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Instrument Panel Bulb

Hi I am working on a 2003 Escape. One of the bulbs in the instrument cluster has burned out and needs replaced. Does anyone here know how to remove the cluster? Any pics of one being removed? Tools needed? Thanks for any info
Old 12-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Elder User

tonyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also have an 03 Escape and the bulb that lights up the odometer has been blown out for the longest time.

I think somewhere on here someone posted everything, diagrams and step by step instructions on how to remove the cluster. If I remember correctly it really wasn't that hard.

Hopefully someone will post the url for this. I would like to have my odometer light back.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:01 PM
New User

DaveinRoswell is starting off with a positive reputation.
Howdy Folks,

I just changed my odometer bulb a month ago, it was pretty painless.

First thing I did was disconnect the battery. Then I lowered the steering wheel as low as it could go. There are two phillips screws that hold the the trim in around the instrument cluster at the top, take them out and the panel.

At that point there are 4 small bolts that hold the cluster in, 7mm or something close to that. Take them out and then carefully lean the cluster top towards you, and even more carefully ease out the the two electrical connectors, because you do not want to break or bend any of the pins.

After disconnecting the two connections, pull that cluster out of there and change your bulbs. The only other advice I would give is to ground yourself before touching the circuit panel the bulbs are mounted on behind the cluster, and try not to scratch that board.

Dave
Old 12-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinRoswell View Post
Howdy Folks,

I just changed my odometer bulb a month ago, it was pretty painless.

First thing I did was disconnect the battery. Then I lowered the steering wheel as low as it could go. There are two phillips screws that hold the the trim in around the instrument cluster at the top, take them out and the panel.

At that point there are 4 small bolts that hold the cluster in, 7mm or something close to that. Take them out and then carefully lean the cluster top towards you, and even more carefully ease out the the two electrical connectors, because you do not want to break or bend any of the pins.

After disconnecting the two connections, pull that cluster out of there and change your bulbs. The only other advice I would give is to ground yourself before touching the circuit panel the bulbs are mounted on behind the cluster, and try not to scratch that board.

Dave
Thanks Dave! I copied and pasted your instructions into a WORD document. Gonna try it next spring when the weather breaks. Does sound pretty straight forward. Thanks again.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Junior User

aj7885 is starting off with a positive reputation.
here is the link to my original post. One note I should have added was to unplug two wire harness at top of cluster to pull it out forward.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/63...splay-out.html
Old 12-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj7885 View Post
here is the link to my original post. One note I should have added was to unplug two wire harness at top of cluster to pull it out forward.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/63...splay-out.html

Thanks for the tip! Sounds easy enough...
Old 12-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Senior User

scottss80 is starting off with a positive reputation.
This really is a very easy fix. When I replaced mine I kicked myself for not doing it sooner!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:52 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid

Tags
01, 2003, bulb, cluster, dash, escape, ford, instrament, instrument, light, odometer, panel, removal, remove, speedometer