Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
NFL

In the event of a lockout even the notion that someone would compare a bunch of crybaby athletes making millions of dollars a year to play a game, to soldiers and servicemen making a wage just barely above poverty line is ridiculous. If these guys are so retarded that they cant figure out how to make a few million dollars stretch through a year or two of being out of work, then i have no sympathy or respect for them.
Do you all feel sorry for them? I do not. Maybe they can file resume after resume to find a job, which believe me most are qualified to pump gas. I personally know some players and now they are check to mouth as they spent all the gravy partying.
Bring on the replacements!! They want to play.

Buford T Justice "There aint No way, No way, that you could come from my loins"
Old 12-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
I don't feel sorry for them at all, if they like to play that much they should play for free, let them walk.
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 12-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Posting Guru

driximus is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.driximus is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My friend I work with said it best "Once they leave college, their dead to me!"

Old 12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
The whole NFL could disappear tomorrow, wouldn't make a lick of difference to me.
Take the NBA with you when you go!
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......492,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 12-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Post Fiend

F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
Personally I can't wait for the replacements to show up. My Cowboys suck this year. At least the replacements have a chance of going .500

And to think I got turned off of baseball after their last strike. And the poor NFL guys might have to play 18 games a year.

Now if we were to have a lockout and some miracle would happen and we'd get rid of the stupid BCS and move to a playoff system, then college football could really be up there and even move to the Sunday schedule.

At least it gives us something to complain about.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” Will Rogers
Old 12-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
any sport that doesn't have a motor & burn fuel could disappear tonight & I wouldn't even notice, I don't care if it's chainsaw's cutting I'll watch it .
Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGGER View Post
any sport that doesn't have a motor & burn fuel could disappear tonight & I wouldn't even notice, I don't care if it's chainsaw's cutting I'll watch it .
Until the Budweiser shootout and Daytona, sports are over!
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......492,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 12-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Canadian Trucker

Yup you know what I'm talking about Dave.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Post Fiend

PreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to behold
I love sports......ALL SPORTS.......I have coached soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, t-ball....and yes, football.......football is my most favorite, BY FAR!!!

But I am in TOTAL agreement that once they leave college, it is over.....they lose the love of the game for the almighty dollar!!!

~<3~Tammie~<3~
Old 12-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
i'm with dave auto racing it is.
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 12-05-2010, 01:25 AM
Post Fiend

PreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to behold
sorry....raced the dirt track from 13 to 16......but it is really kinda difficult to coach a bunch of little leaguers on the race track.....LOL.....although that is a GREAT concept!!!

*HI* Jack~~~

~<3~Tammie~<3~
Old 12-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
hi tammie,
i raced on dirt for 25 years. i thought it was fun.
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 12-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Post Fiend

I thought it was great.....but then 'someone' turned me onto street......did great until I was 19....had a bad mishap take place involving close friends........gave it all up~

~<3~Tammie~<3~
Old 12-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Government Teat-sucker

stu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputation
Wouldn't you all like to see the players have a little bit better protection against being coerced into playing when hurt? How about those old football players that are losing their brains because they played too many games with a pre existing head injury? Personally, I'd like to see better protection for the player after they retire from the game. Not every player has a multi million dollar contract, but all of them play as hard as they can. Yes, it's hard to feel sorry for a guy that makes a living playing a game, but it's also more about the health of these guys than the pay. It isn't all about the money. And anyway, if they do have a lockout, we'll ave the NHL to fall back on.
PS- I thought I would be over NASCAR if Johnson won a fith straight title... I wish someone else would win. But the way Edwards ran in the last two weeks of the season gave me hope.
Jesus could come down from a cloud, turn the Washington Monument reflecting pool into wine, present a Lois Lerner email on carved into a stone tablet specifically naming Obama as directing targeted audits, and Elijah Cummings would still call it a witch hunt.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Postmaster

macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.
Having many players who are coddled through high school because they can play a game (test scores fudged, etc.) and given a pass in college for a championship try, it is not too difficult to understand how someone with MAYBE a 6th grade education could noy understand how to negotiate the finances of hundreds of thousands of dollars. It also leads to the question of ethics---are the coaches/schools/organizations/agents/families & friends(?) taking advantage of not-necessarily-so-bright athletes?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation

Tags
08, 24, duty, ford, game, high, lineman, nfl, powered, rims, school, scores, sports, super, truck, trucks, vbulletin