Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2010, 06:37 AM
FTE is my crack

jake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant future
Gonna ask a lot more questions, since I bought an expy.....

Got a redfire 2007 EB with all sorts of goodies, power hatch, NAV,
55k miles on the clock

1st question is Tires, its got continentals. I know that these weren't worth the rubber that was used to make the set that my SD came with....

Do these perform any better on Expys?

I've been a longtime fan of the BFG AT.

Whats your opinion?

Also. I need to find the wireless headphones for the overhead console.

I'm assuming Nav discs are expensive as well?
Old 12-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Fortune Favors The Brave

kw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputation
Hey Jake, Long time no talk.....I hope your Expy serves you well. My '08 EL came will Perelli's which suck as well, Had to replace them at 25K miles. I am a big fan of Bridgestone Dueler ATs. They are not cheap and a bit over kill but, they will serve you well in your snow up yonder.

I put these same tires on my F-250 a few years ago and had outstanding results. I got lucky on the price this time as my daughter's boyfriend started working for a local Firestone 3 weeks before I bought them. Nice discount.
Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 02:28

If I had it all to do over again...I would do it all, over again. Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 3:04
Old 12-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Senior User

gddyup is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.gddyup is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Congrats on the new ride! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

I can't comment on the Conti's because my 07 Limited came with the Crapellis on it. Like KW, mine were junk after 20k. I had 18s on it stock but moved up to a Black Rhino 20" wheel with Cooper Zeon LTZs. If you have the 20s on your truck, take a hard look at the Zeons. They are fantastic tires.

My headphones were missing when I bought mine also and I just went with a cheap wired splitter and wired headphones for the kiddoes. We don't use the rear DVD all that much right now so I didn't bother trying to find the headphones that accompany the stock system.

"I've done a fair share of stupid things in my life, a couple of which should have put me in my grave. But here I am typing away as if I had a brain." - Craig Wilson
Old 12-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Freshman User

repguns is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jake, I'm also in the burbs - Wasco. Our EL came with 20's with the Pierelli's, but I made them swap over the 18's from our standard length. I put Hankook dyanapros on it, they rock. Trip to the Mountains in two weeks will put them to the snow test, which is the reason I went with these in the first place. Good luck
Old 12-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Elder User

chuck s is starting off with a positive reputation.
Since I rarely "off road" I have Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires on mine. I have these on my college girl's Explorer as well. Excellent all around for everything we've attempted. We get 12 feet of snow here in the "snow belt" just south of Lake Erie. Never stuck in it with either vehicle.

-- Chuck
Old 12-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The updates are expensive and don't do much. I wouldn't waste your money on the nav disc. Find it on a torrent site.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:55 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator