1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

General introduction and strange inquiry.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Osiyo59
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question General introduction and strange inquiry.

Greetings,

The name is Rob and I'm in San Jose Ca. I had a 1966 F100 back in Highschool (Technically my Dad did) My grandpa had bought it new in 65. When he passed away in 84, we ended up with the truck. I loved that truck but a Camaro ran a red and broadsided me. The Truck was hit on the passenger side fender and the impact bent the frame in 3 places. My dad bought a 65 roller the following January and we used the frame and front clip from it to rebuild the 66. The truck was back on the road again almost a year after the crash. Dad ended up selling the truck in 86 and I just didn't have the cash to get it from him. I saw it one time about 12 years ago in downtown San Jose but didn't have time to stop and see if it may be for sale. I know the truck is now somewhere in Pine Grove California but exactly where is unknown. If anyone on here is in that area could you please contact me via PM or email. Would very much like to buy it back. One very distinguishable feature on this truck is the absence of the gas tank behind the seat. It will have twin tanks under the bed with a fill tube on each side. It may still have the 65 grill as well. Original color was aqua and white but the front fenders were primer last I saw. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
email: robertkemberling@yahoo.com.au

Old 12-02-2010, 07:17 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Osiyo59
Greetings,

The name is Rob and I'm in San Jose Ca. I had a 1966 F100 back in Highschool (Technically my Dad did) My grandpa had bought it new in 65. When he passed away in 84, we ended up with the truck. I loved that truck but a Camaro ran a red and broadsided me. The Truck was hit on the passenger side fender and the impact bent the frame in 3 places. My dad bought a 65 roller the following January and we used the frame and front clip from it to rebuild the 66. The truck was back on the road again almost a year after the crash. Dad ended up selling the truck in 86 and I just didn't have the cash to get it from him. I saw it one time about 12 years ago in downtown San Jose but didn't have time to stop and see if it may be for sale. I know the truck is now somewhere in Pine Grove California but exactly where is unknown. If anyone on here is in that area could you please contact me via PM or email. Would very much like to buy it back. One very distinguishable feature on this truck is the absence of the gas tank behind the seat. It will have twin tanks under the bed with a fill tube on each side. It may still have the 65 grill as well. Original color was aqua and white but the front fenders were primer last I saw. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
email: robertkemberling@yahoo.com.au

Welcom to FTE!

You would have better luck posting in the SoCal state forum here: California, Southern Chapter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

If you like I can move this thread there, or you can repost there........

Once again, Welcome!

Old 12-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Osiyo59
Elder User
Oops. I thought this was a nationwide site. How do I know which chapter I am in?

Old 12-02-2010, 07:36 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
FTE is the largest Ford site on the web and a little intimidating for new members. We have over 1 MILLION threads and almost 600,000 members worldwide! If you go to the main forum page and scroll waaay down you'll see the state chapters listed. If you click on the link in my last post it will take you right to it!

If I can assist you in any way just ask!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Osiyo59
Elder User
Thanks Fabmandelux, I will copy this post to that forum but would like to leave it up here as well (if that is ok) just in case the owner of said truck shows up and is as confused about the forum set up as I was.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Not a problem my friend! I'll leave it here. And the name is Don. It even says so in my sig........lol

Old 12-02-2010, 09:04 PM
chaser1602
Elder User
Don t. Steal ?

Old 12-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Osiyo59
Elder User
In that case, Thanks Don. I just started shopping for a 66 over the last 2 weeks and decided after 2 were sold out from under me that I would try to find my original truck.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Funny guy........................lol

This was for post #7, not # 8! HeHeHe...........

Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 PM
chaser1602
Elder User
Old 12-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Broomfieldbum
Laughing Gas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rob,
If I were looking for a specific truck like yours, I would also put something up on Craigslist everyday. People don't tend to go to far down the lists so post daily for a month or so, and hope for the best. Good Luck!!

Old 12-03-2010, 01:26 AM
Osiyo59
Elder User
Now that's a good idea. Thanks.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:30 AM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
welcome to the forum. on the main fte page there is a buy and sell thread.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:20 AM
CropDusterMan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rob,
Couldn't the DMV help you track it down in San Jose or Pine Grove?
Perhaps Pine Grove has a local newspaper...in fact, I think if you approached one of their editors and told them your story, they might do a little article with some old family pictures.
It could be an interesting story when you think of it...
"Sentimental San Jose man searches for the old Family Pick-up".
Heck, even T.V news editors are always looking for interesting community stories to do:

"Local San Jose man has a special Christmas wish"...story at Six.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:04 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 288 Likes on 199 Posts
You used to be able to run a license plate number through the DMV here in Cali,and for a fee, they would,after letting the plate holder know someone wanted their info, pass on the address of the owners.That changed years ago due to stalking,harassment etc.Don't think they'll do it with a VIN , either.

Quick Reply: General introduction and strange inquiry.