Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2010, 12:37 PM
New User

driverman1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
how to change lower radiator hose?

How do you get the radiator end of the hose lose on a 2000 exp?
Old 12-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Former Vendor

ALLDATAdiy INFO is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are you using a hose clamp tool? They help, or are you trying to get the tranny cooler line off?
Old 12-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Temporarily Deactivated

Big Greenie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLDATAdiy INFO View Post
Are you using a hose clamp tool? They help, or are you trying to get the tranny cooler line off?
So are you just spamming this forum? I have just read three of your responses in three different threads and you have been no help at all. Do you have any idea what you are talking about or are you just trying to sell people repair manuals? I am thinking it is the latter.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Senior User

97ExpGuy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverman1 View Post
The lower radiator hose at the radiator is tricky because it has some sort of spring-loaded connector if I remember correctly. There is a warning label that mentions it. What I did was cut the lower hose off with a razor blade knife (because I was replacing the hose anyway). Once I did that, you should be able to see the ring that is under tension on the radiator. Instead of cutting it off, I put Vaseline on the inside of the hose and slid it on over the ring. It took some muscle to do it, but the new hose finally went on. Tightened down with a screw-type radiator hose clamp and whoa-la. No leaks. Hope this helps.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
Quote:
There's a little metal tab that you have to bend out, then turn the hose 45 degrees CCW, and then pull your arm off (it's a real bear). It helps significantly by giving you a lot of working room if you first remove the plastic shroud out of the driver's wheel well.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Greenie View Post
So are you just spamming this forum?
He's a site sponsor so he's allowed to.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:30 PM
New User

Now I have the tab bent in and I can't get the hose to turn. Maybe I BENT IT THE WRONG WAY I bent it in so its even with the hose it looks like it should turn but its not moveing
Old 12-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Posting Guru

Gevans17 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
lower rad hose

just cut it off
Old 12-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Now I have the tab bent in and I can't get the hose to turn.
There is a notch in the metal ring down there for the tab to fit into. If the tab is in the notch then the hose WILL NOT turn. You have to bend the tab away from the radiator so that it is NOT in the notch.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:09 PM
New User

I bent the metal tab back to the hose still wouldn't move. So I took a screwdriver and tap it with a small hammer moved it till it got around where I couldn't reach the notch on the end still couldn't move it by hand. Ended up cuting the hose off near that band at the end then I gentle bent the four metal tabs up that was in the hose finally it come off. What a pita. Thanks for all the replys
Old 12-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Posting Guru

Gevans17 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
removing lower radiator hose-just cut it off

I tried to tell ya!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:25 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
1998, 1999, 2000, 2006, 54, change, diagram, expedition, f150, ford, hose, lower, mountaineer, radiator, replace, truck