Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2010, 06:30 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Our newest member! Finally.......

Please welcome our newest member "6fifty_f1fifty"! He tried to join once before, but the chapter rules won't allow anyone not living in the state to be a member. I talked to Admin and they said because he is a military member FROM Oregon that he is eligable to join our growing band of misfits.........

Go easy on him guys, he is fighting for us!

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 12-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Welcome!......which branch? where from in Oregon?
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......500,140 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 12-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Senior User

Les Knapp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Les

Welcome to the Oregon Chapter, and thank you for your service in the Military, in behalf of us all living free.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Posting Guru

WarOzz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome to the mad house!
1975 F250 Camper Special - Soon To Be Transformed!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Postmaster

glovemeister is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.glovemeister is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome to the club!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Elder User

6fifty_f1fifty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.6fifty_f1fifty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I grew up down in the Medford-Ashland area. I signed up for the Navy in 1998 in Medford and have been doing that ever since.

As you can see in my sig, I have three wonderful fords, my nick came from the price of the daily driver which I got for $650. She has a rebuilt 300/6 that I got out of an 80 F-100, and a T-18 that I got out of a junk yard.

The Super cab I recently got for $150 she wouldn't run for more than 30 seconds and leaked coolant like chernobyl. A set of plugs, wires (off of a 302) and a new water pump and she runs ok (burns a bit of oil for the first few minutes every time I start her up). She is a bit of an oddity though because f-150's supposedly did not come with 400's as an option in this year. But the rad support, vin and engine codes all point to a 6.6L 400.

I am playing with the idea of putting the motorhome's 460 into the super cab, but that seems to be a bit of an undertaking.

Many thanks to the Admin folks and fabman for allowing me to be a member of the state which i miss sorely!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Posting Guru

892504x4 has a great reputation on FTE.892504x4 has a great reputation on FTE.892504x4 has a great reputation on FTE.892504x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
Thank You for your service and a welcome to the Oregon Chapter from the North Oregon Coast.
The other is as if everything is. "
~ Albert Einstein~
Old 12-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Elder User

6fifty_f1fifty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.6fifty_f1fifty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I will say this once, only because I don't usually like accepting thanks for my service (just makes me uneasy). I enjoy my work, and it has done more for me than I have done for it. I have been stationed overseas where I met my wife, I have done two aircraft carrier deployments, one boots on the ground in Afghanistan and soon to be more deployments to other places.

It is my PLEASURE serving OUR country.

Now here are two photos for your enjoyment,

Me (don't go over that fence):

Click the image to open in full size.

This little red triangular sign says why you shouldn't:

Yikes. And I would hate to be the recipient of those 500 pound thingies hanging on the bottom of that jet...
Old 12-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Postmaster

glovemeister is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.glovemeister is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good pics!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:57 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Great pics! That wouldn't be the Navy's bombing range at Boardman Oregon would it?

As one Vet to another please accept MY thanks for your service, whether ya like it or not!

Old 12-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Elder User

It's actually about 5000 feet elevation in Afghanistan. I hope there are no mines in Oregon (the kind that go boom, not the ones that you find gold in)...

Last edited by 6fifty_f1fifty; 12-02-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: explain mines
Old 12-02-2010, 01:18 AM

It sure looked like the Boardman bombing range............And yes, there's ton's of unexploded ordnance out there...........

Old 12-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Thats a F-15E strike Eagle.............the LAST thing many little jihadi's see before meeting the 71 virgins.
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......500,140 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Elder User

I can see why you thought it was in Oregon, being there reminded me of Southern Oregon quite a bit.

A better readable red triangle sign...

Our daily driver which we saved from the junk yard (otherwise known as DRMO):

Why it reminded me of Oregon (Mountains in the back ground, forgive the appearance of a chebby, it seems the government favors them):

and an early morning shot:

Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Post Fiend

bertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to behold
Welcome, very nice pictures. I was USN back in the 70's, I did love serving.
1980 Bronco with 460 Gone but not to far!!
1976 F250 4X4 Custom with 429
Oregon Chapter Member: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter