6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

New aftermarket oil cooler - slightly larger holes for coolant flow

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My take is that there is a need to develop either a remote cooler that does not comprimise the cooling capacity or a new idea that preforms better all the way around. I also think as with a lot of things 6.0 related there is the fact that people don't maintain their vehicles. A coolant filter and proper coolant maintence will do wonders for a stock cooler... Is there not a way to expand the hd replacement oil cooler so it has enough surface area since the flow is improved? The idea though of adding a restriction to the hiflow cooler to mimick the stock cooler though makes it as flawed as internationals design. (Which I don't think is exactly flawed more abused thru lack of maintence)

Old 03-11-2011, 02:20 PM
BulletProofDiesel
SPONSOR
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
We are currently developing a liquid on liquid system that uses the stock oil cooler but mounts it in a serviceable way. We are also developing a dual cooler system that will use 2 stock oil coolers for those who need extreme cooling.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
2006lariat
Lead Driver
Received 228 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by BulletProofDiesel
We are currently developing a liquid on liquid system that uses the stock oil cooler but mounts it in a serviceable way. We are also developing a dual cooler system that will use 2 stock oil coolers for those who need extreme cooling.
Reasonably Priced? (I understand your R&D and Testing gotta be added in) I want everything you make, but my pockets just aint big enough! LOL

Old 03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds interesting. Why limit your self to a stock cooler? Is the design cost way to much or is it more in keeping overall kit cost low?

Old 03-11-2011, 02:59 PM
BulletProofDiesel
SPONSOR
Price point and field service are 2 reasons. A stock type cooler is going to plug. Unless you are the maintenance king... so cooler availability makes using a stock, buy at any dealer a better solution for most people. It also solves the cold weather issues we had prior to our cold weather kit development. Further our 6.4 kit needed a smaller cooler due to a severe lack of mounting space.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:58 AM
demonscoach
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
confused

I am new to this forum and have to say this thread and forum are fantastic compared to the other auto forums I have been on.

After all this discussion I am now confused on what to do with my 06 6.0 dually. EGR cooler is plugged and would like to go to an upgraded tube version instead of bypass or delete with a new oil cooler.

With these options from bullet and innovative and what may be coming out I am lost. Unfortunately I cannot wait for the new options because I cannot keep driving with a plugged egr cooler and most likely a plugged oil cooler while cleaning the egr valve when it sticks.

Not really asking for advice, just thanking you all for participating in this thread and all the information it brings to light without everyone bashing and insulting each other.

I have to say that working on my dragsters and their engines is a lot easier than the truck that pulls the trailer to the track.

Thanks again, without your help most of us would be lost in the woods.

Scott

Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Zmann
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BulletProofDiesel
Hurry Up

Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 AM
BulletProofDiesel
SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Zmann
Hurry Up

I KNOW..... It takes FOREVER to get this stuff done. The 6.4 kit is in testing still. The 6.0 E-series kit is finished. Just waiting on the installation manual and a production run on some hard lines. We are in the late stages of developing an improved turbo oiling system, an alternate 6.0 system and an alternate 6.4 system. Both mid range priced. Our FICM power supply design should be in prototype testing within 2 weeks.

Light bars... Fire extinguisher mounts.... New cooler designs... Truck racks... All coming soon...

Also check this out: www.riptothetip.com

We are once again using 2 of our BPD Superduties as chase support all the way down Baja to Cabo. Baja is an awesome proving ground. Check out the names on the list of riders... It's going to fun!

Old 04-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru
thanks for the update ! but don't waste anytime on the 6.4 focus on the 6.0 stuff

lol

Old 04-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Young Gun
Senior User
thanks for the update ! but don't waste anytime on the 6.4 focus on the 6.0 stuff

lol
Someday the 6.4s will be as cheap as the 6OHs and we will all be jumping ship...

Old 04-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru
lol

I could have had one for the same $ but it was a few years ago and I was too skeered to try a new motor

They have about the same quirks as the 6.0 so once you know what your dealing with ,, it isn't so scary ,,I would buy one if something happens to my 6.0

Old 04-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Roadglide Charley
New User
Just got my truck back yesterday from the shop. New HPOP, new IPR, new oil cooler, new egr cooler and egr valve. Flushed and filled with fresh coolant and oil.

What do I need to do to keep from having all this replaced in the next few years?
Coolant filter?
is that key to helping stop the clogging?

Old 04-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Zmann
Posting Guru
A coolant filter is a must but it will only help with the cooler

Old 04-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Roadglide Charley
New User
A coolant filter is a must but it will only help with the cooler
Recommendation for a cooler please

Old 04-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru
I made my own ,, Iknow a google will find you a few But I can't endorse them personally ..
I would also look into an EGR delete or atleast software bypass
and always keep your oil clean

Quick Reply: New aftermarket oil cooler - slightly larger holes for coolant flow