Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2010, 10:02 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.
Super Tube 6.2L Intake

Hi Guys
I thought i would share we have been working on this concept for Super Dutys and Raptor 6.2L intake..

Click the image to open in full size.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/5-Sta...92086367552400
Old 11-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Senior User

drh1175 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks great! How does it compare to the OEM? I am getting my new 6.2 soon and am looking for something up that alley!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Post Fiend

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
Damn Mike, did nearly identically the same thing to my 5.4 only I shot it in black hi temp enamel.
In particular I like the wump sound when you step into it. Might be my wishful thinking but there seemed to be a little more get up in higher rpm ranges like 3 - 5000.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:27 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thanks guys, Stock tube at maf is 80 mm ish.. this tube would be 89 mm with a dry filter on the end...
Old 11-29-2010, 07:08 AM
Senior User

devongarver is starting off with a positive reputation.
What are the functions of all of the factory hoses that are connected to the intake tube? I know there is usually one that is connected to the valve cover as a breather, but I thought I saw a few others, and I haven't followed them yet to see where they go.

Did you retain all of these when you did this kit? I have had issues before of getting oil in the intake and have wondered about just putting a breather filter on the valve cover fitting to avoid this. Is there any harm in doing that?
Old 11-29-2010, 07:46 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

there are no pcv or other hoses on factory tube... those are all attached to the center box.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Senior User

devongarver is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmdb View Post
there are no pcv or other hoses on factory tube... those are all attached to the center box.
Gotcha, I will be removing that center box though when I do mine. Do you think I would be OK to use a breather filter on the valve cover?
Old 11-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Senior User

socapots is starting off with a positive reputation.
looks good man.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:34 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

A few more shots before powder coating of pipe and before this thing is avail to public. We will also be working on a lid option too. Intake would work on all 6.2L Super Dutys and all 6.2L Raptors.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Senior User

Gary Atsma is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devongarver View Post
Do you think I would be OK to use a breather filter on the valve cover?
I think you would mess up the PCV system by doing that. You shouldn't have any oil in the intake if everything is hooked up right. Don't try to out-think the engineers on stuff like this. They have these emission systems pretty well figured out. I'm NOT saying things can't be improved (witness the above system), but you have to think everything through a lot more than in the not-so-distant past.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:27 AM
New User

eticket is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mike (fordmdb)
Would this intake require a reflash or does ford PCM have "learning" ability?
I noticed you removed the factory resonators. Is the engine intake note comfortable
during normal driving and cruising? Thks...
Old 12-08-2010, 09:18 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by eticket View Post
Mike (fordmdb)
Would this intake require a reflash or does ford PCM have "learning" ability?
I noticed you removed the factory resonators. Is the engine intake note comfortable
during normal driving and cruising? Thks...
hi eticket
I would recommend running a tune with any intake to take advantage of the modification. This one would be no different. Most intakes on the market use larger diameter tubes that tend to lean out fuel strategies. The larger tube also alters the maf function which in turns alters when to deliver fuel and timing to the engine. A calibration / tune is the only way to correct for this.. however with that said the PCM does have adaptive learning to help correct the lean condition but only up to a point.
As for sound, In cruising mode this intake has better than stock throttle response and is as quiet as stock and once you step down on it comes on strong with a louder than stock sound but again no problem with cruising sounds.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:18 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8

Tags
62, 62l, box, cover, delete, diesel, ford, install, intake, raptor, super, supertube, truck, tube, tubing, valve