Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Posting Guru

BlueOvalRage is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BlueOvalRage is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You might want to have a look at this page:

Browse Products

They've got about every configuration of motor size, shaft size, number of leads, etc. that you could hope for. I wish I had found that page when I was looking for a Magic Air motor. One of those on that page looks identical to the one I bought from SacVin except at a fraction of the price.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Posting Guru

fifty-two_f1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Seems like the GR 157 measures the closest to the stock motor, and my wallet agrees! Anyways what kind of switch would this require? you can make it reverse by switching wires and grounds, but I cannot seem to wrap my brain around how a switch can do that.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:32 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
DPDT double pole, double throw, with center off. (Maybe that makes it a triple throw?) Be nice if there were a boneyard piece that would work, or check what the 42 - 48 cars had.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Posting Guru

Not quite sure what you mean by this.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Posting Guru

BlueOvalRage is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BlueOvalRage is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty-two_f1 View Post
Not quite sure what you mean by this.
LOL! It's electrical switch speak, Jordan. Get the motor in your hands and I'll see what I can come up with for a switch. I saw you called earlier. I'm out in the shop trying to weld up an exhaust system for this Bronco and I don't have any signal. I'll give you a ring tomorrow evening.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Postmaster

Doc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to behold
Don't feel too bad Jordan. That blew right over my head as well. LOL. And thanks for finding a copy of my heater on ebay. You're quite the detective. Could that really be a 1932 car heater? Like I said earlier, NOTHING surprises me about my truck nowadays.

VINTAGE HEATER DESIGNED FOR 1932 FORDS & HOT RAT RODS - eBay (item 390266904333 end time Dec-05-10 13:03:12 PST)
1997 F150 XLT, 4.6L
2008 F250 XLT, 6.4L Powerstroke
2011 Expedition EL
Old 11-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Senior User

epp is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Was doing some digging and stumbled across this site that sells old heaters. Some cool pics Classic Accessories
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Old 11-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage View Post
LOL! It's electrical switch speak, Jordan. Get the motor in your hands and I'll see what I can come up with for a switch. I saw you called earlier. I'm out in the shop trying to weld up an exhaust system for this Bronco and I don't have any signal. I'll give you a ring tomorrow evening.

Im always learning!!! I will try to order one of those motors tomorrow. Good luck with that Bronco, I know how much you love it.....
Old 11-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by epp View Post
Was doing some digging and stumbled across this site that sells old heaters. Some cool pics Classic Accessories

They have some cool heaters, but I bet he dont sell very many, I cant even sell a restored heater for what hes asking for his.. I have a few of those round tropic air heaters, but nobody seems to want them. I took inventory a few weeks ago on my heaters, and I have a grand total of 70 and still buying..........
Old 12-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Posting Guru

firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Jordan , check out woodyfi's post about the magic heater direst drop in motor found .He may be onto something .Great talking to yout he other nite .Later , Denny
1994 Dodge Ram Van ( the work truck ) ,1993 Dakota w/ 44k mi.,1952 F-1 the 1ST-RIDE ,23 T-Roadster w/ 426 wedge bored to 440 (85 % done ) ,1952 F-1 stock (under const) "Those of you who think you know it all are really annoying to those of us who do " Mark Donahue or Roger Penske Indy '71
Old 01-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Posting Guru

Well I finally rounded up the blower motor, switch, relay, and 500 feet of wire...... I put them all together and BAM!! It works fine with two speeds for heat, and one speed for defrost!!! The 42-48 ford car/truck 12volt motor replacement crisis is solved!! Now I cannot take all the credit (even though I would be more than happy to). Joe/Blueovalrage found the motor, switch, relay, and drew up the schematics for me. He did a very good job and all worked as it should. Joe is a hell of an electrician!
Old 01-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Posting Guru

Glad I could help, Jordan. Ya know, if you really want to get fancy and take it to the next level, we could probably figure out a way to run that motor from a DC drive and give it infinite speed control in both directions. We could even tie in a programmable logic controller with a thermocouple input and build an automatic climate control system to go with it. No switches! Just set the target cabin temp and forget it! Of course that would be a bit of a waste just for heat and defrost, so we'd better plan for an A/C installation also. Hmmm.... That's going to require a bigger alternator and possibly an engine swap to run it all. Might as well go with FUEL INJECTION while we're at it, too. Just let me know how far you want to take it, buddy! LOL!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage View Post
Might as well go with FUEL INJECTION while we're at it, too. Just let me know how far you want to take it, buddy! LOL!

You and your stupid fuel injection! You fuel injection guys are missing out on all the real fun! I mean who doesnt like to work on carburetors? Breaking glass bowls, finding the correct jets, setting the idle, and even stopping the side of the road to tap it with a wrench when the float sticks? Beside starting your vehicle and have it actually idle on its own is boring too. Why not learn to use that challenging high tech device called the "choke cable"??

Anyways what were we talking about?? Oh yes heaters! I finally put the motor in an unrestored heater and it really puts out the air! Ill bet it puts out 3 times the air that the 6 volt did!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:44 AM
Elder User

1930 Dodge is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry guys, I do not know how to save a link so I am just bringing this one back to the top so that I can reference it later, there are some good links within this thread that I need to look into.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
Save it to your Favorites
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM