N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:54 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Hey everyone. What are you plans for the day and the weekend? Quiet day here in Vallejo since we had the big dinner with some friends on Sunday. I will probably trim some trees in my yard and load up the truck with the limbs to take to the yard recycling place tomorrow.

Have a fun one.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:38 PM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Quiet day here. Had a couple family members come over, and did the turkey lo-n-slow(12hrs at 250*). It turned out better than most I've had. The rest of the stuff was ok. Dessert was great, since I bought the pies and cheesecake.

Truck work will be replacing a bum lifter from the cam swap. It hap-hazardly pumps up, and it's cheap to replace. Then try out my hand at hammer & dolly on the minivan(teeneage female driver). Then, work saturday and sunday.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
Was over at my folks house yesterday. My brother and family were up from San Diego. It was a good time.

I've pulled the 6-speed manual, xfer case, and clutch from the 99. The clutch had gone out, but the trans has 270k+ on it and on it's way itself so I've bit the bullet and have a NEW, not rebuilt ZF6 on it's way from Canada where you can still get them new.

If it warms up I'll put the new clutch in. The new trans isn't due until the end of next week.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:15 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Spent part of the day getting the Rover loaded up and then headed to the Cow Palace to work on our set for the Dickens Fair, which started today. Mom didn't want to do anything even remotely like Thanksgiving this year, as my grandfather recently passed away and she just couldn't face the first Thanksgiving of her life (he was 99) without him.

So, no turkey here...had a Subway hot pastrami. Bleah.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:00 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Dan - sorry for the loss and my condolences to you and your mom. I remember meeting your granddad. He was a character. Stop by if you are in the neighborhood.

Is my tuba making an appearance in this year's Dickens Fair??

Fat Diesel - that looks like a lot of work ahead of you. Have fun with it.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:30 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Karl, you didn't get it back? I gave them the message that you needed it right after you asked me. I saw Bill yesterday and I noticed he didn't have it with him, (or at least not at the time I saw him.) I'll make a point of talking to him today. Call me. I'll have my cell with me and set on vibrate, so if I'm on stage when you call leave me a message and I'll get back to you ASAP. That's just not right...

Old 11-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Originally Posted by fastmover
Fat Diesel - that looks like a lot of work ahead of you. Have fun with it.
It's not so bad when you're putting new parts back on! Actually it's not bad at all and all the bolts are easier than some of the ones on my Falcon. Everything is just bigger and heavier!

I did the clutch at just over 100,000 mi when I ran diesel down the back side of the block and it dissolved what was left of lube in the throwout bearing. I put a LUK in then and I'm putting another one just like it in now. I've got a new fork to put in and just put a new set of master/slave's for the clutch so it's gonna be nice and smooth. Oh yeah I put a new carrier bearing in the two piece rear drive shaft since it'd been a lot of miles and about 3/4 of the boot was missing from the slip joint there.

Here's the old pressure plate with nice wear marks from the T/O bearing.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:05 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
[Hijack] Hey Andy, do you want that boat stuff back? I just came across the box of it the other day and remembered that you said something about having someone needing it sometime back. I decided recently that I'm not going to do anything with the boat and just want to get rid of it, so if you need or want the parts back, you're welcome to them. [/Hijack}

Old 11-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

No thanks Dan. I've got enough boat anchors around here. I did sell the 351w that they came off of. I'm trying to minimize the amount of stuff I'll never use!

Just called the transmission guy and my six speed is stuck at the Canadian border...