6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Add pics to Nav

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:38 PM
sncbluegt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add pics to Nav

I finally went and picked up some burnable discs at wally world tonight and loaded some pics on it and then loaded the pics onto the nav unit..so now it shows pics I loaded where the ford graphic usually is and it rotates through the pictures...I really like this feature!! Has anyone else done this yet?

Old 11-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Thom12
Senior User
I loaded a picture of my wife and I. Only one picture, thats all I wanted to have.

gee.... now that I think about it, the day I loaded the wife's picture in is the day my rear end bounce started..... coincidence????

Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 PM
sncbluegt
Senior User
Originally Posted by Thom12
I loaded a picture of my wife and I. Only one picture, thats all I wanted to have.

gee.... now that I think about it, the day I loaded the wife's picture in is the day my rear end bounce started..... coincidence????

Bwahaha its a conspiracy if feel ur pain

Old 11-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Str8shooter
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sncbluegt - Yup, I did tonight thanks to you. I gave it another try! When I bought my F250 back in June I tried burning a disk from my Windows Vista computer but was unsuccessful. I looked for help in the Ford Sync Forum where it was suggested burning a disk using a program that uses the ISO format instead of UDF. This evening I checked the Sync forum again where one post suggested using Roxie to create a "data" disk - I did and it worked. Roxie uses the ISO format. Problem solved!!!

Old 11-24-2010, 11:47 AM
sncbluegt
Senior User
Originally Posted by Str8shooter
sncbluegt - Yup, I did tonight thanks to you. I gave it another try! When I bought my F250 back in June I tried burning a disk from my Windows Vista computer but was unsuccessful. I looked for help in the Ford Sync Forum where it was suggested burning a disk using a program that uses the ISO format instead of UDF. This evening I checked the Sync forum again where one post suggested using Roxie to create a "data" disk - I did and it worked. Roxie uses the ISO format. Problem solved!!!
I had the same problem when I tried having windows make the disc and then tried again with Roxio and it worked like a charm.
Glad my post got you to futher your enjoyment of the truck

Old 11-25-2010, 12:19 PM
alstang1
Junior User
I did not know this could be done. Will it work with zip pen in the USB? I wanna do it and test it out. I am kinda stoaked about all the new things I am finding out about the KR.

Love my Ford!!!!

Al

Old 11-25-2010, 12:25 PM
sncbluegt
Senior User
Originally Posted by alstang1
I did not know this could be done. Will it work with zip pen in the USB? I wanna do it and test it out. I am kinda stoaked about all the new things I am finding out about the KR.

Love my Ford!!!!

Al
I don't think so...from everything I have read you have to burn files onto a dvd or cd and each file has to be less than 1.5 mb and no more than 32 files...but I have not tried the usb feature nor have I read that its possible in any of the literature or onscreen instruction.

It is pretty neat all the features these trucks have!!

Old 11-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Str8shooter
Senior User
Like sncbluegt mentioned, pictures can only be upload to your Ford via data files burned on either CD's or DVD's. I did a lot of research on this topic a while back which included trying to load through the USB port. As I said in my earlier post, I was successful after using Roxio to burn my pictures to a CD. I believe the two important elements to burning your CD/DVD is that it is done in the ISO format and as data files.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:12 PM
alstang1
Junior User
Does it have to be a bootable? Will an ISO creator work? I do not have Roxy; is there any other program that will work? Is there a free version of Roxy?

Thanks,

Al

Old 12-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Str8shooter
Senior User
Al, I'm uncertain about being bootable but my guess it does not have to be bootable. I downloaded ImgBurn to do an ISO disk but was unsuccessful. At that point I realized I had Roxio Creator DE on my Dell laptop. Do a search on Google for "free Roxio download" and all sorts of possibilities come up. Often you can download the program for a short trail period before buying. Hope this helps.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:15 PM
sncbluegt
Senior User
If by bootable you mean does the disc have to be closed the answer would be yes...thats why windows burner didn't work...because it wouldn't close the disc.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:35 PM
alstang1
Junior User
thanks guys.... I will try it.

al