1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

What have you done to your PSD today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Iallwork
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PSD's give so much and ask for so little.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:51 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Filled mine up today and was out of fuel additive so I ran with out it. The truck is now running like complete crap and the exhaust sounds really funky when I step down on it. Gotta investigate tomorrow... Also have to fix a fuel leak at my post pump fuel filter tomorrow. Well, maybe friday...

Old 11-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Midwest Dually
Posting Guru
After fussing with more fences and colts, finally got into the shop and played with the spare tire and getting it put on the tire carrier.. I installed the fuel tank guard plates, to have them protected by that cool 7th tire! LOL!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:18 PM
mq1shooter
Elder User
Originally Posted by usaftmroper
Worked on the wife's PSD for the past couple of days before work. Changed hub and rotor and the brake pads on the front but the truck just would not stop. Which sucks when pulling 3 horse gooseneck loaded with horses. Took off the drums on the rear and found the right rear missing adjusting arm spring and the adjuster completely stripped. Replaced components and she stops great. Wife is super happy now I need my tires to get here to go on my truck. Waiting on AAFES is ridiculous.
What kinda tires you gettin from AAFES?

And I ran her hard from Columbia, Missouri to Home this afternoon after my daughter gave me my first Grandson! Wooo Hoo!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:27 PM
plgebbia
Posting Guru
Well, today I changed my heater core. (took 25 min.) Wow, it is nice to finally have heat!!!
I also had my Dad help me adjust my doors. A couple were poorly aligned and leaking air at the seals. Now they seal up and boy do they shut easier.

Just ran to town to pick up some butt connectors so I can fix up this butchered mess of a stereo system.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:31 PM
jg96powerstroker
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to day i finished trany swap to a 5 speed, and i did that so my old lady cant drive it lol really missed the last 3 weeks of driveing her, tell i put 120.00 in fuel in my old girl, man i love grabing gears!!! the 200 mile cluthch brake in cant come soon enough!!!!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
New tie rod end , greased all greasable fittings , looked "again" for a banging noise in the back . Changed the MFS that has been giving me fits for a year. As it turns out , a 96 explorer MFS worked just fine ...

Old 11-24-2010, 08:58 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You just reminded me to grease my ball joints Rick!!!! Probably should grease up my new tie rods again just for fun while I'm under there too.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:37 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
I don't but if I can get one tomorrow I'll post it. I really like the way it looks though I haven't driven it yet to see how I can see it compared to the pillar mount. Clay said the EGT gauges were backordered, I can't wait to see how that looks!

Old 11-24-2010, 10:33 PM
redman84
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Action4478
New tie rod end , greased all greasable fittings , looked "again" for a banging noise in the back . Changed the MFS that has been giving me fits for a year. As it turns out , a 96 explorer MFS worked just fine ...
What kind of tie rod end did you get? I need a couple myself.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:47 PM
NotSoPC
New User
Did the same thing before work today that I have been doing for the last three. Kept working on putting the top end back on the 7.3 that I just bought from a buddy of mine. Its my first Diesel so I am getting to learn a bit that is kinda new. I really just want it on the road so I dont have to drive the wifes 2wd jeep while she has my ranger at work. 2wd XJ in the snow and ice SUCKS!!!!!

Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 PM
JamesHajek
Postmaster
Originally Posted by NotSoPC
Did the same thing before work today that I have been doing for the last three. Kept working on putting the top end back on the 7.3 that I just bought from a buddy of mine. Its my first Diesel so I am getting to learn a bit that is kinda new. I really just want it on the road so I dont have to drive the wifes 2wd jeep while she has my ranger at work. 2wd XJ in the snow and ice SUCKS!!!!!
Welcome to FTE!!!

Old 11-25-2010, 05:18 AM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Well changed my oil filter and fuel filter put rotella 5/40 in for the winter wasn,t cheep $180.00 but worth it.

packing up this morning and heading down to Duluth MN for some shopping and a hockey tournament.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Friends !

Old 11-25-2010, 05:37 AM
RRranch
Posting Guru
yesterday I retorqued all my spring bolts and u bolts. I replaced them all a couple months ago. Then the truck decided it was time for a power steering flush while we were in the parking lot of Oreilleys buying a new power steering hose for my sons 93 IDI truck, my hose decided to blow. Nice truck! And I spent half the day just staring at my brakes trying to figure out why with an entirely new brake system it stops worse now than it ever did. Cheap grandmother type quiet and dust free pads are all I can come up with. Have to wait a while to buy new ones and going back to the friction metallics!

For that banging noise in the back, check the bottom bushing in your shocks. If they are aftermarket then the steel adapter sleeve that is inside them is either worn out or gone. You need to find or make one that fits around the bolt snug. Otherwise, a banging noise int eh back that is very annoying and hard to find. Have someone jump up and down on the back bumper while you watch the bottom shock bushings from underneath. Any movement at all and that is the culprit.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:20 AM
usaftmroper
Freshman User
I'm trying out the Goodyear Fierce tire. They had a sale going on so I ordered those. I have BF MT's and 3 are still good but they no longer make the size I need. It was buy 2 different tires or just buy new ones. The wife gave the okay so I have 4 new ones on the way.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your PSD today?