Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Freshman User

tworock is starting off with a positive reputation.
Floor Mats

Have any owners found suitable aftermarket floor mats? The lay-out is certainly unconventional.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
I had a set laying around and tried them out, work pretty well. Cadillac deVille I think they are.
'14 TRANSIT Connect
Old 12-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Freshman User

Thanks, NCRanchero. I didn't look to see how long you've been a member here at FTE. Think I've been a member almost forever.

The most information on the TransCon is over at another website. But the layout over there makes it so you've got to spend a lot of time futzing around to take in and absorb any new material. How do we get those folks over here, where new info is quickly absorbed, and folks get to throw in their two cents, and expertise. Whenever I had an emergency, FTE folks were always there for me, even though I'm not mechanically inclined and could not offer much help to others.

Just an observation.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
Been here since '03. There is a "new post" button to hit for the new stuff. Hard to beat good old FTE though!
'14 TRANSIT Connect
Old 12-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Freshman User

Thanks NC! Never noticed that button. I'll always be grateful to FTE.........
Old 08-11-2011, 04:03 PM
New User

Cy Madrone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Free HD Rubber Floor Mats (one hour of labor)

If you are not chewing gum and talking on the cellphone while driving, keep your eyes posted on the highway for the heavy rubber truck flaps (not the thinner plastic ones) that are from semi tractor trailers.

Carefully return to the spot, park off the road where safe to do so, put on your flashers and exit your vehicle and cautiously retreive the flap. Repeat as necessary. Is this enough lawyer speak to keep from getting sued?

Make yourself a pattern from some taped together newspaper sheets and with a sharp matt knife cut the flap for an exact fit. (Cut away from your body parts)
Stay away from the new cheap $5 flaps, I bought one from NAPA and it stunk to high heaven. Toxic, Chinese, God knows what gave it the funky smell, but I reluctantly tossed it within a day. Your best bet is a used one made of natural rubber that has had time to off-gas.

It may even have a logo from a trucking company from some faraway state.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Postmaster

steve.mckellop
That's exactly what I used in my E250, worked well.
'14 TRANSIT Connect
Old 10-12-2011, 08:02 PM
New User

tylerrow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Got some at Advance Auto. Not perfect, but good. Deep tread for spills. 11 bucks each.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:02 PM