Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2011, 02:00 PM
New User

hud43 is starting off with a positive reputation.
'09 Edge AWD Limited

Really enjoy this car! Getting married soon and wanted a good car for my new bride. Bought it used, it was a fleet car for a pharmacutical company. Also in process of rebuilding the engine on my '94 F250 (5.8 EFI) so it's been a good car for me during that process. I average about 18.5 from the house to work (4 miles one way) and around town. I can get as good as 24.5 on the highway. It had 28k when I bought it and I have put about 4.5k on it in about two months. Lot's of highway miles. It has solid get up and go! When you want to pass, just push the pedal and it will pass quickly, on a hill or on flat. There is a slight lag however, due to the traction control and lack of direct throttle linkage, but once it all lines up and starts moving it will put you in your seat. I have had this thing going 110 mph on a long up hill 15% grade (thought I hit the revlimiter... nope, gravity), once I got on top of the hill and on the flat I had it just below the 120 mark and had to let off due to the increase of cars in the area. It had more, and I may look into testing that later, find out where that rev/accel limite really is. Mechanically I have had no issues, I will be getting the 30k service in the next few weeks, (I'm about 2k overdue), but have no worries that they will find anything wrong.
Buy an Edge, you wont be disapointed!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Posting Guru

merlynr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
07 edge update

Battery went dead on the wife's Edge about a week ago. I charged it and did a load test and it failed as the cca's dropped into the red quickly. After reading on the battery it stated 3 yr warranty with 60 mo(I think) pro-rated warranty. I called the dealer although I purchased it used from him thinking I could get a deal. He asked me if there was a red sticker on the top and I said it had and with that he said that's not the original battery and there wasn't any warranty. A new replacement 3 yr battery was $104.95. I didn't want one of his replacements if they didn't do any better than that and I would go elsewhere. I took the battery out and on the side was a sticker with 2 08 on it. I bought this car in 5 08 so it didn't last very long at all. So I bought a 7 yr battery for $95 elsewhere. Are those Motorcraft batteries short lived or is it something else?
07 Edge SEL+ fwd
Old 11-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Senior User

The Woodhauler has a good reputation on FTE.The Woodhauler has a good reputation on FTE.
The Woodhauler The Woodhauler The Woodhauler
2010 Edge, The TPMS is a little annoying when I change to my winter tires but other than that so far so good.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Senior User

38Chevy454 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynr View Post
Battery went dead on the wife's Edge about a week ago. I charged it and did a load test and it failed as the cca's dropped into the red quickly. After reading on the battery it stated 3 yr warranty with 60 mo(I think) pro-rated warranty. I called the dealer although I purchased it used from him thinking I could get a deal. He asked me if there was a red sticker on the top and I said it had and with that he said that's not the original battery and there wasn't any warranty. A new replacement 3 yr battery was $104.95. I didn't want one of his replacements if they didn't do any better than that and I would go elsewhere. I took the battery out and on the side was a sticker with 2 08 on it. I bought this car in 5 08 so it didn't last very long at all. So I bought a 7 yr battery for $95 elsewhere. Are those Motorcraft batteries short lived or is it something else?
Had the same crap on my wife's 2008. The battery had date sticker indicating it was 10/08, I went in in Sept which was 35 months, they would not warranty the battery. Even though it states right on the battery 36 mo free replacement, and after that pro-rated. Since the car has now way over 36K (about 62K at the time the battery crapped out, the service mgr told me orig battery do not have warranty past the 3 year/36K orig mfr warranty. Well, F'em for their lack of what should have been a warranty replacement. I went and bought a cheaper, higher capacity CCA, and 96 mo battery at Wal Mart. I do most all of my repairs and work myself, but I certainly won't use Ford unless I have no options thanks to them not covering an obvious bad battery that failed within the free replacement period.

Now that I am off my rant on the battery, the car has otherwise been a good car without any major problems.

Made in USA high quality bear claw style latches and installation kits - Cheap! PM me for details
Old 01-12-2012, 05:40 PM
New User

Hilmo74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2009 AWD SEL

My wife's Edge has 92K on it and the rear hubs went out ( making a loud growling noise when driving). Replaced the hubs, all brake pads and front rotors and rear shocks with parts from Rock Auto. Goes down the road quiet and smooth now.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Elder User

jeffdoerr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just bought my wife a 2012 Edge Sport FWD. Its a great vehicle, and sharp. I love the 22's and the pearl white paint. Its quick, gets good fuel economy, and comfortable.

I do HATE a few things:

The My Ford Touch is WAYYYYYY UNDER-ENGINEERED, what a miserable excuse for a system control

The traction control SUCKS in mud, snow, ice. The only way to turn it off takes MANY menu steps. What happend to a BUTTON on the dash ? (What happened to letting the DRIVER use their OWN SKILLS ?)

The Sport model has very wide sill area, adding extra effort when getting in or out

Did I mention the HORRIFIC touch screen system ? Using anything other than the radio controls is painful. The traffic and weather reports are very cumbersome to work, this system is just awful.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 AM
aka Redneck Wrencher

mueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputation
Roland Mueck
My wife and I just purchased a 2012 Edge SEL 3.5 this weekend. So far, I don't have one negative thing to say about it. It it the best riding, quietest, and most comfortable Ford vehicle we have owned in that last 14 1/2 yrs we've been together. Time will tell, but I am confident it will keep up with its first impression.
'01 F-250 Lariat CC SB 4x4, DP Tuner F6 (live tuned), AFE II Modified GTP38R, 6.0 Techni-cooler, Full Force SS Injectors, Stealth HPOP, Fluidampr, Melling M-208, Walbro FP, mueckster Reg Return & Bowl delete, Comp Cams 910's, mueckster 4R100, 4" SS MBRP, Truetrac rear, 6.0 Trans cooler ...SOLD...
'13 F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4 5.0 Short Box Texas Edition Tuxedo Black with a few mods
Old 02-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Freshman User

cobrajoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
cobrajoe cobrajoe cobrajoe
Bought the wife a leftover 2008 SEL AWD. She loved it so much we traded it in 3 years later on a new 2011 Limited AWD. Nothing but good things to say about it. The Collision warning with Brake support saved her from totaling it on the second day she owned it. A dog darted out in front of the car in front of her on the highway and the driver locked up hard, the Edge colision warning lit up across the windshield and braked the truck, she was impressed and swears she won't buy anything else.
As far as the My Touch, Ford is sending out a 45 minute download (flashdrive) to all My Touch owners around the end of march updating the system and features according to my service guy.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Freshman User

vlmach1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Best car i have had in a long time
Old 02-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Freshman User

vlmach1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
looking to get 2013 sometime this year
Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 PM
New User

Johnmjr22 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had a 2008 Edge Limited Loved it. Now have a 2011 SEL LOVE IT!! I am a big guy and it is comfortble. Has plenty of power. Except for oil changes and had a broken seat trac All taken care of just awesome!!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Freshman User

Bltfordtuff is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have a 07 for the wife it's 2wd 49,000 miles and she loves it. I like it a lot but still prefer my supercrew. The only issue I have with the edge is that it has been shifting quite weird and I think the tranny might be slipping. I haven't heard of any tranny issues so I'm hoping it's something else.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:51 PM
New User

Awesome Crossover!

I had a 2008 now I have a 2011 love them both!!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:01 PM
New User

If you have an 07 that seems to have a tranny problem there is a mechanics bulliten on it check your vin number at cars.com
Old 04-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Freshman User

Bltfordtuff is starting off with a positive reputation.
What exactly is a mechanics bulletin? Thanks
Old 04-08-2012, 10:13 AM