1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Slave Cylinder problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 11:20 AM
mnmurphy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Slave Cylinder problems

I have a 1994 Ranger, 2.3L. I just purchased and replaced the slave cylinder. I have bled the entire system multiple times and still cannot seem to get pressure to the pedal. When slave is disconnected, the pedal stays hard and barely budges, so I know that there are no problems with the master cylinder. I have been over the entire system and there are no leaks anywhere. I have been bleeding and pumping for the last 2 days. I have run out of options... does anyone know what the problem could be or what else I can do to get my clutch pressure back??

Old 11-21-2010, 12:08 PM
mnmurphy
New User
*New problem, while trying to pump and bleed again, the quick connect on the slave popped off, and now the fitting will not stay together!! This is all brand new, so I dont understand what the problem is. Im guessing there was pressure inside that caused it to blow, but i dont understand why it wont click in and stay now. Any suggestions?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:05 AM
jmgrif
Freshman User
Clutch Slave

It's been a while since I did mine but, I needed a special tool to disconnect the hydralic line, I can't remember if I need it to re connect it? Hmmm?

Old 11-22-2010, 02:46 PM
mnmurphy
New User
Getting it reconnected isnt the problem. I can push the male end back in, no problem. But the fit seems "sloppy" to me with the male end "swimming" in the female, meaning i can wiggle it all around, which can result in it just coming out. I thought I had gotten it in for good, but as soon as I went to pump the pedal and try to bleed again, the d@mn thing popped off again!! Is there anyway to fabricate the quick connect?? I cant believe I would have to remove the tranny and slave cylinder again when i just replaced the slave! Any help would be much appreciated!!

Old 11-22-2010, 03:15 PM
wtroger
Cargo Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Well make sure the plastic sleeve on the male part is coming backout towards the line that is what slides in when you disconnect it. It depresses some fingers (the last one I did they where metal) that catch the edge of the male fitting and hold it in place. The actual sealing is done with an o-ring and can be fairly loose. Also check to make sure the fingers are in the female part and are standing out where that can make the catch. And yes if it is a problem with the new slave you will have to pull the tranny again to replace it.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Eaglefixer
Senior User
Old 05-19-2011, 06:54 AM
jjzepplin
New User
Thumbs up ford ranger clutch bleeding

I haven't seen this in here yet but had all the same problems bleeding this Ranger. A fine gentleman at the parts place told me to collapse the throwout bearing several times to get the air out.Just before my brother and I gave up this worked! There was air int he slave and in the bends of the hose that wrap around the frame rails. To me that was not the best design and seems to be the most inferior thing I have ever seen in a Ford. Guess that's why I am a CHEVY guy.So we kept collapsing the bearing and then let the pedal up slow and then everything mysteriously started working.