Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Delaware Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fire240

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Elder User

skirk55 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Headgasket

My wife and I went to Florida with our new 5Th Wheel and on the way my head gasket leaked. When I got home I took it to the dealer and he told me $4000 to $5000 plus car rental for a week!
I went to an independent shop www.jasons repair.com he told me $2000 to $3000 and walk to work. You can not believe what they have done to some Super Duty's.
Today I got discussed with my truck so I went to a Dodge dealer test drove a 3500 and then I decided to get mine fixed.
I did not want the programmer and the Trans Flow fuel tank instead I got head gaskets!

Delaware Chapter Member

Old 11-21-2010, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
WOW Sam.

Are you have new head studs put in also?
Old 11-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Elder User

Apr studs and EGR bypass because my wife and I are going to Alaska next year. When we get back it will be time for another truck. A hauler this time I am going to retire this time for good and full time it.

Delaware Chapter Member

Old 11-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Post Fiend

Surge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to behold
PowerStrokSurge
What you looking at for an replacement Sam?
03 Suzuki Intruder VS1400GLP

Old 11-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Elder User

I went tonight and looked at a GMC. The manager told my they would purchase my truck on the spot. This had me thinking!!! The GMC has cheap seats and not the room my cab has. I took a teat drive in a Dodge and you can feel the difference right away. I am going to have the EGR Cooled replaced and get the EGR eliminated so I will not have any issues later. A new oil cooler Ford just improved the one that is in my truck. Then APR studs. Ford head gasket. I also want the turbo checked I think it got stuck and that is what caused the intake pipe to blow off and tare. The pressure from the turbo went in to the crankcase raised the oil pressure and stretched the head bolts. Ford did not fix the head gasket when that happened. I showed him the white spray around the degas bottle and he told me they ran a test and found nothing. So now it will cost almost $5000 to repair it. This truck is like new and well maintainced.
My wife and I are going to Alaska next summer and when we get back we will need a new one. Not Ford No Way Ever Again. Ford got me one time and never again. Bad repair shops.

Delaware Chapter Member

Old 11-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Actually, it wasn't FORD, Sam, it was the dealer you went to. I too have an 05- 6oh and had the heads lift while pulling the trailer. My Ford dealer fixed mine - he also installed APR studs - an extra 200 bucks I think it was. I was lucky and had the Ford ESP so I saved a bunch of cash. They replaced the oil cooler, head gaskets, EGR cooler, the coolant bottle, installed the APR studs and I had to pay about $250.00 I am VERY happy with my service. This was APPLE FORD in Columbia, MD.

I was pulling my 5th wheel on way to the All-Trucks in Carlsyle this past August when it happened to me.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Elder User

The dealer made a mistake and I called Ford and they told me case closed! My records show what I had done. I told Ford that the intake pipe blew off and it went into limp mode That next day I found white spray around the degas bottle I showed it and got nothing. I also told ford and they said there is nothing they can do decision was made and that is it. If I talked to people like that at work I would be fired. I work for a John Deere Dealer and I work on John Deere and let me tell you they make so real junk but they stand behind there product. I have replaced trans and motors out of warranty that was not Deere's fault. I see wrist pins with racing stripes Insufficient lubrication and carnage. They want to keep the customer satisfied. My x box got the death ring guess what after three years they sent me a new one. Ford could have given me a rental car while my truck was in the shop. I went to Ford and they did nothing. The guys at work call my truck Dracula. The name is good for it. The guy next to us owns a body shop he told me he would paint it on the truck for my. I am going to take him up on it. Photos Soon.

Delaware Chapter Member

Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Delaware Chapter