Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2014, 09:33 AM
Senior User

zimm is starting off with a positive reputation.
Back in my single days, my brother and me's setup. '03 F250, 7.3, BTS trans, tuner, 4.30 gears/locker, 6" DR lift, 37" toyos and supercharged Donzi 22 Classic. Little brother had a Ram 2500, and nitrous injected jetboat.

After selling the toys, getting married, 2 kids, and 8 years without a truck, I'm back in the game with a mellower setup.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Great boats n pics Zimm, thx for sharing
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23, avid snow hater
2006 F350 Lariat
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 06-27-2014, 08:45 PM

meborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldad1041 View Post
Place called Goose Creek, about an hour south of St Louis. Gated lake community with a 600 acre lake and about 500 acres of trail area. Pretty much a camping community. Next month taking my 5 and 10 year old from Illinois to Nebraska across Iowa to camp in different places and see the country while going to visit Grandpa and Grandma and cousins. Truck camper is a little bit of a pain to load, but conveniences of being able to pull other trailer is worth it.

see if you can swing through Ledges State Park in Iowa when you go through. One of Iowa's hidden little treasures. Built back in the 30's as a WPA project ... very cool. first place the wife and I (girlfriend at the time) ever camped by ourselves.

would be about a 1/2 hour Straight north of Des Moines. West of Ames, and straight south of Boone. Can swing through Saylorville lake on the way up there.

Iowa has a TON of stuff to see if you want to spend the time looking for them.

sorry .... now back to your regularly scheduled program.

nice truck.
Be yourself - Always ... Unless you can be Batman, then Always be Batman
Old 06-27-2014, 11:36 PM
Posting Guru

LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Pulling a sea ray 260 Sundancer from North Carolina to NY... 500 miles.
Click the image to open in full size.

Pushing snow!
Old 06-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Senior User

cay5628 has a very good reputation on FTE.cay5628 has a very good reputation on FTE.cay5628 has a very good reputation on FTE.cay5628 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Mark Walton
A pic of my 2007 F350 towing our new Montana 3625RE fifth wheeler.
Attached Images

2007 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 6.0L (Daily Driver) Blue spring, coolant filter, leveled, SCT w/Gearhead tunes, FICM by Ed (PHP80) Front E-Locker, Rr Grizzly Locker, SG II, Autometer gages, B&W GN hitch, Buckstop bumper w/Smittybilt 12K Winch, Banks Exh, Trf Flow 46 Gal tank, Airlift Bags/Comp, Bulletproof Diesel EGR, Hvy Duty Oil Cooler, and water pump, ARP studs, Ford gaskets and heads (4/7/14)
2005 Excursion Ltd 4x4 6.8L V10 (Road Trip King) leveled, airlift bags, ob air, Hellwig Rr Swaybar, Banks headers & exhaust, SCT w/5 Star tunes, Buckstop bumper w/Smittybilt 12K Winch
Old 06-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Cay beautiful trailer, how long before you start shopping for a 6.7L..........

2006 F350 Lariat
Old 06-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Senior User

cay5628 has a very good reputation on FTE.cay5628 has a very good reputation on FTE.cay5628 has a very good reputation on FTE.cay5628 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Mark Walton
We are already shopping. Probably going to order a F450 King Ranch later this year or early next year. We've already realized we need more truck for this 5r. It didn't take much convincing for Cindy, it was kind of her idea. It doesn't get any better than that LOL!

How are you liking yours so far?

-Mark
2007 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 6.0L (Daily Driver) Blue spring, coolant filter, leveled, SCT w/Gearhead tunes, FICM by Ed (PHP80) Front E-Locker, Rr Grizzly Locker, SG II, Autometer gages, B&W GN hitch, Buckstop bumper w/Smittybilt 12K Winch, Banks Exh, Trf Flow 46 Gal tank, Airlift Bags/Comp, Bulletproof Diesel EGR, Hvy Duty Oil Cooler, and water pump, ARP studs, Ford gaskets and heads (4/7/14)
2005 Excursion Ltd 4x4 6.8L V10 (Road Trip King) leveled, airlift bags, ob air, Hellwig Rr Swaybar, Banks headers & exhaust, SCT w/5 Star tunes, Buckstop bumper w/Smittybilt 12K Winch
Old 06-28-2014, 07:22 PM
Canadian Trucker

I love it Mark, does Cindy have a sister I can marry, lol......... I figured you might say that
2006 F350 Lariat
Old 06-28-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm hitting easy street

amdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cay5628 View Post
A pic of my 2007 F350 towing our new Montana 3625RE fifth wheeler.
Nice looking trailer and great floor plan.

I couldn't legally pull that down the road with that hitch weight.

That trailer loaded will weigh in at 15, 770lbs. The shipping hitch weight would put my truck over gross!!! LOL

2004 Late Build CC LB 4x4 6.0L

"Drive it like you know how to fix it!"
Old 06-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Senior User

Mark Walton
Funny story, when we were shopping for the 5r, the deal maker for Cindy on this floor plan was first the King Bed, but more importantly it has a bar..... go figure! I was happy it has 2 AC units and we put a 5.5 Onan generator in it so we can dry camp and I can still watch direct tv. She's happy, with the living space and the bar, I'm happy with the living space and the huge kitchen; I'll be happier with a new truck but I have really enjoyed this one, but did realize it works pretty hard towing this much trailer.

I'm not saying the F450 is the be all end all, but any dually could certainly be a more stable towing platform, but the F450 has the 6.7 and they are winding up the power again to some 440 HP? The torque is up again too, that makes me happy on the hills. I just like the cabin and layout of the Ford interiors better and think the trucks look really good, add in the power, it's my choice in trucks. We are a Ford family I guess, we have 6 of them. The local dealer loves us, we bought all 5 out of the past 7 from them. I've even done customer testimonials for them. They've always treated us well.

Sorry Gigger, no sisters, she's got a bunch of brothers....

-Mark
Old 06-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Freshman User

Aero750 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm View Post
Back in my single days, my brother and me's setup. '03 F250, 7.3, BTS trans, tuner, 4.30 gears/locker, 6" DR lift, 37" toyos and supercharged Donzi 22 Classic. Little brother had a Ram 2500, and nitrous injected jetboat.

After selling the toys, getting married, 2 kids, and 8 years without a truck, I'm back in the game with a mellower setup.

that looks like prince William marina and leesylvania park
Old 06-28-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm hitting easy street

amdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant future
Quote:
Funny story, when we were shopping for the 5r, the deal maker for Cindy on this floor plan was first the King Bed, but more importantly it has a bar..... go figure! I was happy it has 2 AC units and we put a 5.5 Onan generator in it so we can dry camp and I can still watch direct tv. She's happy, with the living space and the bar, I'm happy with the living space and the huge kitchen; I'll be happier with a new truck but I have really enjoyed this one, but did realize it works pretty hard towing this much trailer.

I'm not saying the F450 is the be all end all, but any dually could certainly be a more stable towing platform, but the F450 has the 6.7 and they are winding up the power again to some 440 HP? The torque is up again too, that makes me happy on the hills. I just like the cabin and layout of the Ford interiors better and think the trucks look really good, add in the power, it's my choice in trucks. We are a Ford family I guess, we have 6 of them. The local dealer loves us, we bought all 5 out of the past 7 from them. I've even done customer testimonials for them. They've always treated us well.

-Mark
If you want a bigger truck, let the wife pick out the trailer.

That's how I ended up with the truck I have now. Climbing up to Mt. Bachelor in central Oregon with the F150 doing 25 mph helped decide getting something bigger! LOL

2004 Late Build CC LB 4x4 6.0L

"Drive it like you know how to fix it!"
Old 06-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Canadian Trucker

Quote:

-Mark
Thx for the info Mark, I'm happily married anyway but I enjoy shopping......
2006 F350 Lariat
Old 06-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Posting Guru

King-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant future
Nice 5'er Mark....enjoy

Lot's of great pic's everyone, keep em coming
Edge CS programmer, MBRP Dual Exhaust, S&B Cold-Air Box, Banks High-Ram Intake, Sinister Coolant Filter, DVD/CD/Back-Up Cam system w/2 rear TV's, custom Painted Grille/Headlights, N-Fab Bar's, Cowl Induction Hood, BoonDock Bumper's, mild Suspension Lift, Detroit TrueTrac, XD Rims w/BFG Tires & much more...Warren
Old 06-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Senior User

Mark Walton
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdriven2liv View Post
Nice looking trailer and great floor plan.

I couldn't legally pull that down the road with that hitch weight.

That trailer loaded will weigh in at 15, 770lbs. The shipping hitch weight would put my truck over gross!!! LOL
Actually the shipping weight is 12750, with a GVW of 15500. It is very heavy on the hitch though. I haven't weighed it yet, but I can sure feel it. The F350 as advertised by Ford is at it's max with a fifth wheel at 15000 for the 4x4. I believe I'm within legal limits, but am not comfortable being at or near max limits. I like having a 10-20% margin, I'm not getting that with this truck right now.

I'm within two years of retirement, our plans are to travel for a few years and live in the trailer/truck combo. I'll definitely want that safety margin when we start that trip. We knew that going in when we bought the trailer, this truck can haul it for now on the short trips we take, but when we start out across the lower 48, we'll be behind the wheel of a truck that gives us that sense of safety. I know I'm singing to the choir here, but In reality it all comes down to driving defensively, giving yourself enough space from the vehicle in front and watching out for the other guy. But there is no substitute for a bigger capacity truck with bigger brakes and more power!

-Mark

Last edited by cay5628; 06-28-2014 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling, what else?
Old 06-28-2014, 09:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
73diesel, city, crusher, f150, ford, hauling, hay, picture, pictures, rapid, run, sd, show, shows, truck, trucks, working