Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Senior User

bookem15 is starting off with a positive reputation.
King Ranch interior

I was sure that I read somewhere that Ford was offering black interior on the King Ranch but I have not been able to find any pictures. Anyone heard this or am I just wishful thinking again. I am going to order mine within the next couple months and want King Ranch but I do not like the color of the Leather.

Thanks for any and all help.

2010 F150 Lariat
Old 11-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Elder User

excaliber551 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't like the color of those seats. They look like dead cow to me. The black interior King Ranch still has those ugly seats from what I saw with black trim interior surrounding them.
It looks better but those seats are still cow brown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookem15 View Post
I was sure that I read somewhere that Ford was offering black interior on the King Ranch but I have not been able to find any pictures. Anyone heard this or am I just wishful thinking again. I am going to order mine within the next couple months and want King Ranch but I do not like the color of the Leather.

Thanks for any and all help.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Senior User

JReinert is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford does make a black interior option for the King Ranch and that is what I have. I like it very much and the color of the leather looks awsome with the black. I did notice that on pictures it almost looks orange but it does not look that way in person.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReinert View Post
Ford does make a black interior option for the King Ranch and that is what I have. I like it very much and the color of the leather looks awsome with the black. I did notice that on pictures it almost looks orange but it does not look that way in person.

Do you have any pictures of yours or a link to some pictures I suck at trying to search for pitures it never gives me what I am looking for.

2010 F150 Lariat
Old 11-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Postmaster

PowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to behold
With the KR interior you are actually choosing the "environment" color, not the leather. The color of the leather is the same whether you order black or adobe...
Old 11-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Senior User

NStorm is starting off with a positive reputation.
If anyone can muster it...it would be great to see photos of this black interior environment. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:33 AM
New User

Kingranch2006 is starting off with a positive reputation.
King Ranch Black Int...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:34 AM
New User

the picture was too big

Last edited by Kingranch2006; 11-19-2010 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Pic too big
Old 11-19-2010, 08:37 AM
New User

Black KR Int

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Posting Guru

djjoshuad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I do wish I had gotten the black interior... but I took an off-the-lot truck and I'm happy enough with the tan. it matches my two-tone

FYI - The King Ranch is just that... a Ranch. The interior package is intended to give that "high class cowboy" feel by using leather that is similar in color to saddles, tack, etc. I understand it's not for everyone. Just saying that they didn't choose that color by accident. Personally, I have been in love with the "saddle" look since they began offering it, and I am thrilled with finally being able to afford one. Of course, I was also born and raised in TX so the King Ranch is a very familiar icon to me.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Posting Guru

Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
How much different is the leather quality in a KR versus a standard leather interior? When I was looking at them at the dealer, the KR appeared to be a thicker leather. I didn't go for the KR because I just didn't like the color but it did seem to me to be a more robust leather.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Posting Guru

djjoshuad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
there was a thread about this not too long ago where a bona fide leather expert chimed in. I can't tell you the details he could, but yeah it's a different leather. The lariats use a combination of leather and high-tech vinyl whereas the KRs are all leather. it's thicker with a different texture, but not the same as previous year KRs. It would be worthwhile to search for that other thread... the guy really seemed to know his seating surfaces.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Senior User

I just found that thread and your right it is very informative. Thanks

I just wish they would make this "better" leather in black it would look soo much better. The name of the other thread is "lariat leather" by the way for those who may want to read it.

2010 F150 Lariat
Old 11-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Senior User

11350KINGRANCH is starting off with a positive reputation.
I love my KR leather. It looks so much better and is of higher quality. After this truck, I will never order Lariat leather.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM
New User

DarleneandScott is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cleaning Leather seats in the King Ranch

Does anyone know a good way to clean the leather seats in my F150 King Ranch truck? I was told that you couldn't clean them, but there's got to be a good, safe way to do it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2011, 4x4, black, colors, f150, ford, interior, king, kingranch, picture, pictures, ranch, toy, truck, trucks