Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: pbsdaddy

Head Gasket Fix

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:41 PM
skirk55
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Head Gasket Fix

I went and got a second opinion tonight. They found I do not have a head gasket problem. I over filled the degas bottle. The recall was done when I was in bad shape and I must have washed the cheap decal off. I filled it to the max. The air pump they told me was bad was unplugged. I watched the diagnose and they explained everything to me as they were doing the test. Tomorrow I am going to call Ford and my credit card company. I will stop off at the dealer and see them face to face and have them explain how this came about. By God Am I Pissed. The head gasket miss OK this may be so but the air compressor NO! Not a chance! Is this how Ford makes a profit? I know there are good people that work for Ford. They have been educated and tested. They have spent thousands of dollars on tools. Do there best and take pride in there work. I do not want to show any disrespect to them but this dealer did wrong. I want Justice in this matter.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 PM
defyrftr
Post Fiend
Glad to hear you don't have major problems. Sorry you had such a hard time with your dealer. Hope you get everything squared away.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Surge08
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hate to say it Sam but some Ford Dealers are crooks. Do you have it in writing that nothing was found wrong with your truck? If so I would as for an Factory Ford Rep to investigate.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:02 AM
skirk55
Elder User
I will call today and talk to ford and tell them I want my money back and ask for them to check the dealer. I do not want anyone to experience this problem. It needs to be stopped. I will never ever let Ford touch my truck again, The person that showed me my Ford Dealer truck rip off was www.jaysons repair.com Wow if you could see what he has built and he replaces head gaskets all the time. He also has all of the performance toys. I am looking at a secondary fuel tank. And EGT , boost and oil gauges. I want to repay him for not letting Ford fleece me out of $4000.00 and I like truck toys!
I can not wait until I call Ford today!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:23 PM
skirk55
Elder User
Today they refunded my money and Tuesday a Ford Representative will call me at work for a follow up!

Old 11-24-2010, 09:36 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 307 Likes on 282 Posts
Glad to hear that you got your money back Sam.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:32 AM
skirk55
Elder User
I went to trade my truck in at a Dodge dealer and a Chevy dealer. I was not impressed with both trucks. I had decided to get mine repaired. My wife said get another opinion before you pay for the repair. I told he this was diagnosed at a Ford Dealer they know what is best. I was wrong my wife was wright.
We are going to replace my truck in a year and a half. When we pull my trailer to Alaska and Florida it will be time yo get our hauler. I have lost all faith in Ford Dealership. Ford would not do anything to help me with my repair with just 1000 miles out of warranty. Thank God for that! We have both decided that after owning Fords for over 30 years we are going to GMC. Ford killed a very good customer. I think that my F350 is the best truck I have ever owned.There is a part in me that is and will be sad to see this replaced with a Bail out truck!

Old 11-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Surge08
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad they were able to help you. I used to work at Ford here in Baltimore. I would not recommend Norris around here, most of the shop is outside contractors as they wanted to be cheap and not pay actual Ford Techs. I will never take my truck there.