Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pros. continued

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 11:30 PM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
pros. continued

I have had very bad experience with "shop mechanincs", I apologize to ALL of the experienced pros on this board, I was in a fould mood that day as I had been having electrical probs with the van ALL DAY! I have a number of vehicles to shops, the replace the most expensive part first.... then I get home run a small diagnostic with a multi-meter and I have to spend 5 bucks on a part that the shop missed. I have just had really bad shop experiences. The only time I go to the shops anymore is to have them hook up the scanner. I retest the parts and then replace what is wrong. I have many friends who are GOOD mechanics and know the correct voltages for many of the sensors and sending units. I would also like to thank all off the people on this board for the many years of knowledge that you all bring.

Old 02-27-2003, 11:36 PM
steve83
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
pros. continued

You can pull & clear the codes yourself with a paperclip, and a Haynes manual shows all the correct readings for testing all the sensors with a multimeter.

Old 02-27-2003, 11:45 PM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
pros. continued

I have a very strange setup in my van, It's EFI but the computer NEVER gives me any engine lights when something is wrong, I know it works it lights at startup as normal, but usually when there is a code the light either flashes or just lights up.