Sponsored by:

Early Christmas for me

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 11:43 PM
officer131
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early Christmas for me

Several early christmas gifts came to me today by my favorite UPS driver.

viair kit (P/N 10009) dual 350c. Well packaged. havent accounted for everthing yet.

(2) freightliner train air horns. They are huge.

Both items above purchased from assured automotive.

Thursday my ball joint kit from parts guy ed should be arriving.

Lastly the knit hat and hoodie from siniter diesel (was ITP) is on back order. Love the logo.

Sorry, but dont look for any install pictures soon. The weather is getting colder and I still have the fuel return line to install from ITP.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:50 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
Good deal.I agree on the knit hat.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:59 AM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Officer131, do you know which direction Santa is headed? Where are you planning to mount your air horn kit? I'm thinking of mounting most of it above or around the rear axle, and I think I'll be ok since I'm lifted. I'm not planning to do this until next Christmas.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 PM
officer131
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by hwybee22
Officer131, do you know which direction Santa is headed? Where are you planning to mount your air horn kit? I'm thinking of mounting most of it above or around the rear axle, and I think I'll be ok since I'm lifted. I'm not planning to do this until next Christmas.

Santa is coming several times to my house this year. I plan on buying a defender roof rack from www.offroadunlimited.com and mount them up there. I believe it was "alaskan" who mounted his underneath on the passenger side. Mines not lifted yet, so I have to put them high. I have heard if you mount them underneath, you can put some anitfreeze on them and the salt wont do that much damage. Dont know about that one.

I do plan on mounting the air tank and compressor underneath and making a shield to block most of the salt/snow/misc stuff from hitting them.

The crappy thing is that i barely fit in the public underground at work now without a lift or roof rack. Guess I'll be scraping the snow off. Also the only outlet for the block heater is in the underground.

Ball joint kit came today.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:04 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
I haven't heard the antifreeze trick. If you dont mind, can you post a picture where you mount the compressor and tank? Im putting ball joint on too.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:02 PM
officer131
Posting Guru
Pictures wont happen for a while.

I will be placing them all on the passenger side mounting them to the frame. People also say to mount using rubber stoppers to reduce on the vibrations from the compressors.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:01 PM
officer131
Posting Guru
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...rain-horn.html

just happened to run across this one. An idea for the placement if you want to conceal the horns.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:44 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Thanks, it helped.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:49 AM
officer131
Posting Guru
The list just got an extra item.

Water pump from riffraff (not planned, but will need replacing soon), and the recon big rig running lights with the courtesy lights.

Still no pictures. I'm goona try to get the water pump done ASAP. Uncle inlaw owns a "Tuffy shop". Just trying to make time and an open lift. That way I can takle all the mods, and only take a couple of days.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:25 AM
officer131
Posting Guru
So I have had sometime to take photos and download them for all the people that say "No photos, no proof."

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Sorry for the blurred pictures. I have two names that would be involved with touching buttons on my camera. They are 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 years old.

Almost forgot.

Ball joint kit: parts guy ed.
recon lights, water pump, housing, thermo, jimmi jammers: riffraff
viair kit, horns: asured automotive.

The roof rack which isn't pictured: www.offroadunlimited.com this may have been my worst experince with an internet buy ever dealing with them. Said it was instock, Nope. say it would ship on a date, Nope. Said it would ship on another date, Nope. Now its bee over 4 weeks and they still haven't got it back from the powder coater. Customer service is always giving the "run around"

Old 12-31-2010, 11:43 AM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by officer131
.... all the people that say "No photos, no proof."
Could be your "user name". Sadly enough, law enforcement has very serious credibility issues nowadays. And due to so many videos surfacing contradicting the official police version, this lack of credibility is self inflicted.

For example, watch this video. The cops claim the guy had attacked them first.

YouTube - NY Officer on Trial for Videotaped Beating

Old 12-31-2010, 01:02 PM
officer131
Posting Guru
. Not just a screen name, badge number.

NYPD cop David London, caught on tape beating handcuffed Iraqi vet, is acquitted of all charges

You say "nowadays" police have a credibility issue. Maybe, however it might be due to all the video mainstreaming going on. Ask anyone who was or is a police officer in a major city and ask how things were handled 10-15 years ago compared to now.

I watched the video several times. Yes, excessive force was used. Couple other factors:

1. Maybe if he's partner would've done something instead of standing there to help out prior to the baton being used.
2. The subject presenting identification to the officer. (since he didn't live there, and entered the secured building without a key). Alledgedly his mother lived there. Great show your ID and go to the apartment to confirm.
3. Without the audio you cant hear anything. In another report the subject supposedly said "I gonna f-ing kill you, I'm a vet."
4. The subject doesn't appeared to be handcuffed like the news report says.
5. I dont see any Taser on the PO's either.

The attitude and demeanor in which things are presented can dictate what the outcome might be. Might be the difference between city folks and country folks.

The subject was so troubled from the incident he didn't even show up for the trial. Asking for 35 million, Please.

I do thank him for his service in the military.

I'm not trying to start an argument over work related information. Please keep to the topic at hand. If you want to talk PO work you can PM me.

Thanks,

Al.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:39 PM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by officer131
Please keep to the topic at hand.
Al.
Lighten up!

You're the one who questioned in this thread why people may not believe you!

Anyhow, enjoy the new toys! I'm relectant to do an air horn with the local rookies we now have!
They're not really "approved equipment" on something as small as an Excursion.

§ 46.2-1060. Illegal sirens, whistles, etc.; unlawful use of warning devices; exceptions.

It shall be unlawful for any vehicle to be equipped with or for any person to use on any vehicle any siren or exhaust, compression or spark plug whistle, or horn except as may be authorized in this title. It shall be unlawful for any vehicle operated on a public highway to be equipped with any warning device that is not of a type that has been approved by the Superintendent. It shall further be unlawful for any person at any time to use a horn otherwise than as a reasonable warning or to make any unnecessary or unreasonably loud or harsh sound by means of a horn or other warning device. However, vehicles of common carriers or extraordinarily large and heavy vehicles may be equipped with such type of warning device as the Superintendent may require or permit.

Notwithstanding the provisions of this article, a siren, bell, or supplemental horn may be used on a vehicle as a noisemaker for an alarm system if the device is installed so as to prohibit actuation of the system by the driver while the vehicle is in motion.

(Code 1950, § 46-290; 1958, c. 541, § 46.1-284; 1962, c. 146; 1970, c. 283; 1989, c. 727.)

Old 01-01-2011, 06:55 PM
officer131
Posting Guru
VA traffic laws are written a little different than MI. The brief version is shall not emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle. the key word in the phrase would be "unreasonble". I can always mount them underneath on the frame rails out of sight. We don't have vehicle inspections.

If your rookies are all over traffic stops then send them my way. We broke 70,000 calls in 2010. City is only 25 square miles.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:56 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 930 Likes on 678 Posts
Officer, any updates on your Christmas gift installations?

Quick Reply: Early Christmas for me