1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Nice site!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 AM
1958fun
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and well wishes everyone!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Goodluck with the surgery, And congrats on the 58F100. I've got one too. They're nice.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:37 PM
1958fun
Freshman User
Thanks Tomget, I want to keep it pretty much stock. I found a parts truck of the same year to get the granny tranny out of as well as a few other parts. I need to replace almost all the glass, but at least the windshield looks like brand new! Neither truck had the rot out at the lower rear of the front fenders, so at least I will be able to sell some of the parts and recover some of my money. I think I will do the bodywork on the extra front clip and get it in primer before selling it. How much would that be worth without the hood (It's in bad shape)?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by 1958fun
Thanks Tomget, I want to keep it pretty much stock. I found a parts truck of the same year to get the granny tranny out of as well as a few other parts. I need to replace almost all the glass, but at least the windshield looks like brand new! Neither truck had the rot out at the lower rear of the front fenders, so at least I will be able to sell some of the parts and recover some of my money. I think I will do the bodywork on the extra front clip and get it in primer before selling it. How much would that be worth without the hood (It's in bad shape)?
Granny tranny=cool, I like those for sure/got one in my 48F1. Good about the windshield and if you have a problem with it in the future they have started making them affordable in the aftermarket at about $300. And the side glass is available with felt/and other supports at Sacto Vintage Ford and other aftermarket suppliers too. Its good to here about the rear cab corners/its common for those areas to be rusted/gone etc. I had to replace mine for sure and its a really good sign that yours are good. Meaning the rest of your cab is likely really healthy=great.
How much would the extra front clip be worth? That's a good quesiton. I would think it all depends on its condition. The fridge trucks in general haven't had the aftermarket support as do other more popular trucks--although its for sure improving and I'm not up to date on what is being sold as replacements. I would think in general that it would be wanted!

Old 11-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

BTW which body style do you have? Do you have the big rear window or small?
Does the wiring look useable? Or will you do a total replacement/update etc?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:22 PM
1958fun
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Tomget
Granny tranny=cool, I like those for sure/got one in my 48F1. Good about the windshield and if you have a problem with it in the future they have started making them affordable in the aftermarket at about $300. And the side glass is available with felt/and other supports at Sacto Vintage Ford and other aftermarket suppliers too. Its good to here about the rear cab corners/its common for those areas to be rusted/gone etc. I had to replace mine for sure and its a really good sign that yours are good. Meaning the rest of your cab is likely really healthy=great.
How much would the extra front clip be worth? That's a good quesiton. I would think it all depends on its condition. The fridge trucks in general haven't had the aftermarket support as do other more popular trucks--although its for sure improving and I'm not up to date on what is being sold as replacements. I would think in general that it would be wanted!
Not to try and make you feel bad, but I didn't mention the cab corners, I said the lower rear corners of the front fenders, which will be ready for paint after I do the bodywork on them. Thanks for the reply, I love the old granny tranny's myself, I can pull a trailer much easier with that.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Oh thanks/front fender rears/not cab corners. Gotcha

Old 11-16-2010, 01:32 PM
1958fun
Freshman User
BTW which body style do you have? Do you have the big rear window or small?
Does the wiring look useable? Or will you do a total replacement/update etc?
I had to replace some of the wiring, but I will change all of it later. I need to get a color coded wiring diagram. I have the small back glass, which is good for me. I also have the short bed (Not the step)

Old 11-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

That sounds like a good looking package.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Is your vent window hardware in useable condition? I often see these more damaged than I would expect. I can't remember off hand if replacements are available in catalogs?
I mean the whole frame total. I know that one can get the vent window handles for a 58 I think they're probably the same 56-60--the handles that is. The frames are -the last I looked--not available, but stuff gets added all the time so maybe?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:52 PM
1958fun
Freshman User
Is your vent window hardware in useable condition? I often see these more damaged than I would expect. I can't remember off hand if replacements are available in catalogs?
I mean the whole frame total. I know that one can get the vent window handles for a 58 I think they're probably the same 56-60--the handles that is. The frames are -the last I looked--not available, but stuff gets added all the time so maybe?
To tell you the truth I haven't looked at them that close, but I think their in good shape on both trucks. (BTW I have treid to accept the friendship offer but it won't let me, do I have to have the magical 25 posts before I can?)

Old 11-16-2010, 02:04 PM
1958fun
Freshman User
I gotta go out for a bit, be back later.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Tomget
Posting Guru

. (BTW I have treid to accept the friendship offer but it won't let me, do I have to have the magical 25 posts before I can?)[/quote]

Really? I dont' know, but probably. I'm not on top of all that kinda stuff. I hear about it, and then I forget about it.

Not to worry. It will work eventually.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1958fun
I had to replace some of the wiring, but I will change all of it later. I need to get a color coded wiring diagram. I have the small back glass, which is good for me. I also have the short bed (Not the step)
Need help wiring...JuliesCool has all and more info on that subject including really good colored diagrams.

welcome and goodluck with the truck.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:00 PM
1958fun
Freshman User
I will have to try and get in touch, thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Nice site!