Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Pennsylvania Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Oldtrucknut7077

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Postmaster

soondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud of
I need help with the Edge.

My wife's Edge has developed an intermittent starting problem. It starts fine for a few days and then suddenly refuses to start. After letting it sit awhile it will usually start. Also, it doesn't hold on a hill, it will roll backwards. The shifting is also erratic. I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't find anything. I've checked for TSB's and searched the crossover forum but haven't found anything. Perhaps one of the mechanical geniuses in the Pennsylvania Chapter or the Mid-Atlantic region could shed some light on my lack of knowledge.

Pennsylvania Chapter, Home of the Mid Atlantic Meet JOIN US HERE!

Old 11-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Posting Legend

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
sounds like a bad ground. start with cleaning the battery terminals.

Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 11-11-2010, 09:28 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Geeesh Joe, sounds like you have a good one going here.
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

R.I.P. Wallace 9/6/14 & Annabelle 10/15/14, man's best friends
Old 11-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Postmaster

soondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud of
I did do that Charlie, I was actually thinking it may have something to do with the security system. I also posted in the crossover forum so I'll check there to see if anyone has experienced the same thing. As for the trans not holding a hill and the shifting I really don't have any idea on that one.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Posting Legend

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
could be. I had trouble with a customer's Saturn one time, wound up, it needed new remotes for the doors/alarm. as far as the shifting, the plug on the mlps unit may need to be cleaned, and have dielectric grease put in it. it's on the side of the trans where the shift cable hooks up. drifting in park, I can't help with that one.

Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 11-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Postmaster

Thanks for the information Charlie.

It's not drifting in park, when I'm driving and come to a hill, it'll drift backwards instead of holding like most automatics do.

Getting called to my late dinner, I'll jump back on later to check for your response.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:59 AM
Posting Legend

that's not good, that's a pressure problem in the front pump. I have a 90 pick up doing the same thing. it could last the life of the car, could leave you tomorrow. you will eventually loose reverse, I would just live with it for now, my pick up is working on 5 years needing the pump fixed

Charlie slackmaster #26
Old 11-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Postmaster

Thanks for that info Charlie, I have an extended warranty so I'll take it to the nearest Ford dealer and ask them to look at it.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Posting Legend

cool. now you have some ammo. let us know how you make out.

Charlie slackmaster #26
Old 11-14-2010, 01:41 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Pennsylvania Chapter