Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm hitting easy street

amdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant future
Here is a link for the MOD:

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Vote for my truckhttp://www.powerstroke.org/forum/pow...test-poll.html"Drive it like you know how to fix it!"
Old 11-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Posting Guru

Zmann has a good reputation on FTE.Zmann has a good reputation on FTE.Zmann has a good reputation on FTE.
That link is funny ! I did my install before that was posted ,, I wouldn't want to drill my
steel bumper and I have the tools to do it ,, the lower vallance worked best IMHO ,,

the plug is a standard Marine and RV store part .. I bought that one at West Marine
Old 10-20-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm hitting easy street

amdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant future
bump to top for the coming winter

Vote for my truckhttp://www.powerstroke.org/forum/pow...test-poll.html"Drive it like you know how to fix it!"
Old 10-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Elder User

Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.
If you have a Marina near you go there and look for the plug receptacle.

I ended up at Bass pro shop and got one.
2003 Ford Excursion 6.0L ,Scan Gauge II, FICMrepair.com ATLAS 40 repaired FICM, Blue Spring Mod, Cleaned and Resealed HFCM(not a mod, but it should be done if you have dirt in it!) SRL tune by Matt, HellWig Rear sway bar, LoadLifter 5000 air bags, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Elder User

05F250DSL is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My co worker after the wife backed out of the drive for the second time now wraps the cord once around the drivers mirror and then plugs it in. That way you have to walk past it look at it while you open the door and if all else fails hopefully look in the mirror to backup. I'll have to see how many times I forget being new this year to the diesel thing.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Wiser by FTE

Curt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamberlain View Post
I drove 45 miles to town one day and pulled into the store to find my extension cord following along under the truck. At least what was left of it after being drug for 45 miles. I quickly unhooked it and threw it in the back, hoping no one I knew would see.

Embarrassing.
Same here, left before sunrise, 20 miles from home while making a left turn i noticed my cord following me
05 eb 6.0 psd, edge insight, coolant filter, 4" ss exhaust, egr delete, studs, sct & matt's custom tunes, atlas 40 ficm tune, road master as, v code front springs, rs9000's, 2.2 k inverter, frozen rotors/hawk pads, alpine amp/ 2 10" sub, 27 watt! led back-ups, led interior lights, rear view camera mirror, power-max turbo, harley headlights, hood liner,jimmi jammers, eds ficm atlas 40, F650 lower dash, blue spring, true-trac, 250 amp alt, high idle mod, 18" king ranch rims, 2008 oem super duty PPPower mirrors...
Old 10-23-2013, 05:17 AM
Elder User

Mcrafty1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foul1 View Post
I thought last winter that it only heated to 80deg. I was wrong I have been plugging it in at 35-40 over night and the sct says 119 121 when started. Some of the 10deg below pluss days last winter it was 80 at start and Ive never noticed less than 80?
It would be nice to know what the oil temp was in the OIL PAN on those 10 degree days, a block heater raises the coolant temp in the engine and the coolant is all above the oil pan, since heat rises (what..everyone ALREADY knew that?) I doubt that it does much for the oil in the pan temps. The oil temp sensor is in the block so that isn't telling you anything about the oil pan temps. A good question here is even though the engine fires right up and runs normal just how long before it starts getting proper lubrication -30* and -40* or below makes one wonder even more...I don't use a block heater per say, I am trying the wolverine oil pan heater. I plugged it in last night for my 'experiment' and this morning it is 30* above here where I live in Maine. It's 5am and I just went and checked engine temps and my SGII says the oil and water is 48* so I am going to assume that since the temp sensors are being heated from the oil in the pan that the oil is some what warmer than that. I'll be posting more about this as the air temps continue to decline here as winter approaches.

Oh, and sorry about the hijack, that wasn't my intent rather I was just making a comparison to your info for the sake of conversation.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Wiser by FTE

Curt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to behold
You could use magnetic heaters on the bottom of your pan. I jb welded 2 of them to my chebie Tahoe, and it started better on those very cold days in Mn
05 eb 6.0 psd, edge insight, coolant filter, 4" ss exhaust, egr delete, studs, sct & matt's custom tunes, atlas 40 ficm tune, road master as, v code front springs, rs9000's, 2.2 k inverter, frozen rotors/hawk pads, alpine amp/ 2 10" sub, 27 watt! led back-ups, led interior lights, rear view camera mirror, power-max turbo, harley headlights, hood liner,jimmi jammers, eds ficm atlas 40, F650 lower dash, blue spring, true-trac, 250 amp alt, high idle mod, 18" king ranch rims, 2008 oem super duty PPPower mirrors...
Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 PM